B18C-R Fuel Injectors Help

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I did some search on fuel injectors and found that there are two types:-

1. Low Impedance (Peak and Hold) Type
2. High Impedance (Saturated) Type

Anyone know which is the type for the common B18C-R and B16A??

I thinking of upgrading injectors, and my mechanic caution me that, if i fit BB4 injectors 345cc without a resistor (or something like that), I will burn the ECU after a few days.

So thats why i need to find out B18C-R use which type so i don't blow my ecu.

Thanks guys..

urbanracer

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
i believe the type R and b16a injectors are saturated type. It doesn't come with ballast.

The F and H series injectors will require you to fit a ballast for it to work. But the ballast is usually sold together with the injectors. No issue hooking it up to your existing injector wiring harness. Any mech can do that.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
hi chris
most obdII should be running on high impedance. the rest obdI and obd0 are low impedance. do take note ek4s are b16a with high impedance since its a P2T obdII. u can try to source out the obd0 injector resistor for you to fit bigger injectors. This can be tested with an ohm meter. it should be aroun 10ohm.

the honda prelude injectors:
year 92-95 non-vtec peak and hold 240cc
year 92-96 vtec peak and hold 330cc
year 97-01 vtec saturated 290cc

chris2000 said:
I did some search on fuel injectors and found that there are two types:-

1. Low Impedance (Peak and Hold) Type
2. High Impedance (Saturated) Type

Anyone know which is the type for the common B18C-R and B16A??

I thinking of upgrading injectors, and my mechanic caution me that, if i fit BB4 injectors 345cc without a resistor (or something like that), I will burn the ECU after a few days.

So thats why i need to find out B18C-R use which type so i don't blow my ecu.

Thanks guys..

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Actually the car is running B18C GSR wiring, i think it's OBD1. but my mechanic modified the injector wiring to be able to run both GSR or Type R injectors.

My mechanic don't like the idea of running the prelude injectors with ballast, cause he say its old and the ballast spoilts easily which reduce reliability.

I was running high compression on my B18c about 12.5 and the car was running fine with 8000rpm to 8500rpm. Then i got greedy and push it to 9000rpm to 9300rpm thats where problem came. All it takes was just two sessions of 6 laps rounds SIC and I ended up with two melted piston.. Guess my car was not tuned properly at the higher rev and injectors max out capacity. So my mech suggest getting bigger injectors and proper ECU tuning with the bigger injectors, to leash out higher and more reliable power.

So i found RC Eng injectors, and they are damn expensive and don't want to buy the wrong type.

Thanks alot guys..

acuralover

Oct 21, 2006
which injectors are best on EK4 using rechipped ecu of EG, running on b20b?

i see many running on prelude 330cc injectors? But there are 3 types of prelude injectors..and which one should i get??

thanks bros.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
how much is the RC injector anyway?...just being curious...

some people also use mitsu GSR injector in their honda....but some say the spray pattern not that nice compare to honda ones...i don't know whether it's true or not lah...

how do we know that our injectors are going bad while driving?....car jerking?...erratic idling?....knocking?...

budin99

Known Member
Mar 19, 2006
how much is the RC injector anyway?...just being curious...

some people also use mitsu GSR injector in their honda....but some say the spray pattern not that nice compare to honda ones...i don't know whether it's true or not lah...

how do we know that our injectors are going bad while driving?....car jerking?...erratic idling?....knocking?...
Just happened to me yesterday. pay a visit to my mech regarding the jerking. Thru the phone call the mech suspected the Distributer problem but when come to him different story.

He jacked up my car and start the engine with gear and hear the sound of vtec open. then he said injector problem (i dun believed at 1st). Open up all injector and start to stimulate. Walllaa...he's correct. one of the injector was clog when spray with wd40.

ask him how to know the the injector clog? he said the vtec sound will be "serak" if injector clog. well i think he's right. after that the car run smooth and the vtec not sound like ramli sarip anymore.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I have sources now for RC injectors 310cc or 370cc for B-Series engines. If you need any just give me a PM :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey, Im thinking of custom making a sticker... anyone knows where?
I need the kind that will stick to the window from inside the car, transparant background with white wordings. Something like the official ZTH sticker.
:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience