My 2L B-Series N/A Project

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
you can always use it 1st, then when the money comes in, only upgrade and do a new tune. hehe. :0

kuNyit

1,500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Moon
Visit site
I just wondering to whom aaaa this tittle belong to???
hua hua hua!!

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
A little update and changes on my built.

Now considering selling my 85mm CP pistons 11.5:1 comp and going for something higher comp to make more torque with higher duration cams. Anyone interested in my CP pistons? hehe..

The Blox intake for GSR head was sold to a customer last week who need them badly. So it ended up me looking for a B16A head yesterday to use with either ITR intake or SKunk2 intake.

Thanks to dc_vtec who had a spare head to sell to me at good price for my built. :_:

Attached pictures are nothing spectacular. They are just pictures of the used B16A PR3-1 head of an EG I got from DC_vtec last night. They are currently totally stock and will be going to my mech for porting this week.

Enjoy the pictures of the std head if you haven't seen one before yet.

Attachments

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
A little update and changes on my built.

Now considering selling my 85mm CP pistons 11.5:1 comp and going for something higher comp to make more torque with higher duration cams. Anyone interested in my CP pistons? hehe..

The Blox intake for GSR head was sold to a customer last week who need them badly. So it ended up me looking for a B16A head yesterday to use with either ITR intake or SKunk2 intake.

Thanks to dc_vtec who had a spare head to sell to me at good price for my built. :_:

Attached pictures are nothing spectacular. They are just pictures of the used B16A PR3-1 head of an EG I got from DC_vtec last night. They are currently totally stock and will be going to my mech for porting this week.

Enjoy the pictures of the std head if you haven't seen one before yet.
Haha.. underwhelming.. looks like a good candidate for a makeover..
Let's see what kind of valve job you're opting for.. Recessed valves seems like a good idea for valve piston clearance, but how about the rocker arms? Hope to see how yours is done.

Oh.. I totally forgot.. I'll pm you after this.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Haha.. underwhelming.. looks like a good candidate for a makeover..
Let's see what kind of valve job you're opting for.. Recessed valves seems like a good idea for valve piston clearance, but how about the rocker arms? Hope to see how yours is done.

Oh.. I totally forgot.. I'll pm you after this.
From what i know from my mech, they didn't do any valve job on my head even the current ones running in my B18C that made 200whp.

He did one custom valve job on a previous setup but it did not make power pass 8000rpm. Think he over done it.

But i know he is doing more work on valve job on another head that is going on an EK for testing this week, so we will see how it work that car 1st. hehe...

No valve job but yet it flows really well. Strange but this what i'm told..

But then again, I told you before these mechs all tend to keep some secret to themselves and not so keen to reveal too much as they worry other mech will learn too much. Sometimes when i find something new or interesting facts, i'll go over to tell him and he will just give that look and say "ya, i know. we have doing that even on your engine". I was like "how come you never tell" and he will say i never ask. hai ya.. these people...

But this built i will try to snap some photos after its been mildly hand ported.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
He did one custom valve job on a previous setup but it did not make power pass 8000rpm. Think he over done it.

But i know he is doing more work on valve job on another head that is going on an EK for testing this week, so we will see how it work that car 1st. hehe...

No valve job but yet it flows really well. Strange but this what i'm told..
Actually that's one of the manufacturing quirks of casting.. some come out very nice.. some come out with flashes and needs to be cleaned up. I think even the size of the ports are varied a little from one to another, and I think that's why some cars make really good power when stock, and some not so.

Actually I think the stock heads flow pretty well, so usually just cleaning them a bit would be good enough... Observing the port and polish work of another head from Japan last year (or was it mid 2005?).. it looks pretty much close to stock, except for some parts, esp. the bowl area where the valve guide juts out, and the turn that leads to the valves... damn.. it made me want to DIY mine.. haha.. The porting was meant for a 2.0, so I guess 2.0 NA don't need huge ports like what americans do.. but well.. americans like to turbo their cars, so that's one possible reason why.

In my thinking, big ports only make power for high revving big CC engines that get's choked on high rpm air flow.. small CC cars, the engine waste too much power trying to pump the air in... (well in theorylah.. mine)

Low end always suffers though when using big ports.... I think you can see it from vids of how some all motors launch off from the starting line.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
chris2000;2146849 But then again said:
Hahaha.. true.. usually they're quite hesitant to share, unless you already know some parts of it. I suspects that your mech knows more than he let's on.. :P

I think he probably don't use the same terms we use for describing compression ratio and other stuff... but I doubt that he don't know about them.

But by logging results, I think discoveries can be made with less trial and error.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Hahaha.. true.. usually they're quite hesitant to share, unless you already know some parts of it. I suspects that your mech knows more than he let's on.. :P

I think he probably don't use the same terms we use for describing compression ratio and other stuff... but I doubt that he don't know about them.

But by logging results, I think discoveries can be made with less trial and error.
Thats why they had spend a lot time and money over the years in R&D or trial and error, so alot mech become abit less willing to reveal till you know about it then they will talk about it. They do have alot of results but all stored in their Pentium powered brain only. hehe..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Thats why they had spend a lot time and money over the years in R&D or trial and error, so alot mech become abit less willing to reveal till you know about it then they will talk about it. They do have alot of results but all stored in their Pentium powered brain only. hehe..
Hahaha.. yeah.. but the thing with human brains is that they run on organic fluids... so things tend to flow away after time.. hahaa..

That's why I log every single thing.. and I calculate stuff over and over... even though I really hated maths when I was young.. hahaha..

Now I've discovered lots of stuff, and as I discover more, I find out there's more to learn.. which is why I'm an engine tech enthusiast, rather than simply a car modding enthusiast. In fact, compression can be checked with the only the variables needed.. the combustion chamber volume, h/gasket thickness, and piston dome volume... the rest.. pretty much a constant. In fact, the JDM parts like Toda pistons actually give you the info on paper for you to calculate the compression.. which is really really impressive.. I guess even Japanese don't trial and error their R&D... :P

So far, most of the stuff I made checks out.. if I can get more data, perhaps can even discover how the rod stroke ratio, compression (dynamic one, based on opening and closing of the cams) and what ignition timing generates power at that certain RPM. Can even extrapolate to find out exactly what kind of ignition timing would work. Perhaps the fuel will make it slightly variable.. but it will make building engines and tuning less of a guesswork and trial and error.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to fit a evo motor to my neo either a 1.8t or a 2.0t i can find any info on the swap and ive been looking for weeks,

i really want the 2.0 in but want i want to know is what gearbox is used? also are the mounts the same? im guessing not but want to make sure.
the lad who is doing my car has a twin engine c2 , awd with over 500whp so he knows what he is doing but i want to get everything before we start.

or is the 1.8t an easier job?

hope someone can help as i want to get this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience