My 2L B-Series N/A Project

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
hih hih nice project car!!!!

btw this is for drag or mme?
haha.. Definetely not MME! Class B only 1.8L, and we always mod to race regulation, thats why our car is always still slower than other teams.. haha.. Our MME engine are fairly stock but mostly new and strengthen parts for ultimate engine reliability only.

And I don't think my current 2L project will even last 6hrs non-stop race without braking anything else in the car! haha... This setup will probably be changed with a much higher compression piston (which is a no no for MME cause high compression kills the motor in endurance race like MME) and a very high lift cam like 12.5mm to 12.8mm intake lift (this again will stress the valve train too much in an endurance race).

Build and items used not confirm yet but will give info as the build/project goes.. :_:

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
I'm just in the process of starting my 2L B-Series build project and want to share with fellow ZTH members and friends to gain as much feedback and tips as possible to improve my build. I'm still awaiting quite a few parts and pending confirmation of some parts that i may need or use. So as I build, I will try to post as much info and pictures as well. :regular_smile: As mentioned in earlier post, I'm now trying to share as much infos as possible unlike the old days where people want to keep everything secret. hehe.. Unless i'm told not to reveal certain things from people who are helping me in this build, all should be said and shown as much as possible.

Just a list of items i have on hand.
Sleeved B-Series Block
B18C Knife-Edge Crank
CP Forged Piston 85mm 11.5:1 (might be changing this for higher comp)
J's Racing Throttle Body 70mm taper to 64mm
J's Racing Fiber Intake system with Pipercross Viper Carbon CAI Filter
J's Racing Baffled Oil Sump
DC Sport 4-1 JDM Race extractor with 2.5" collector (might need bigger Tri-y extractor if it restrict too much flow)
RC Engineering 310cc injectors
Hondata S300J in JDM P72 ECU
Hondata Intake Gasket
PLX Wideband
ATS SuperSingle Clutch

List of items pending:-

Stock head awaiting a mild port job
Intake Manifold awaiting a clean up and mild port too
Forged I-Beam rods still waiting to buy?
Valvetrain will wait till i know my exact built and compression and rev range i want?

Thats all i can think now. :Not_Impressed:

This build i'm not trying to target crazy HP or REVS.. Just strong useable power and as flat torque as possible and hopefully with good reliability.

This build project will probably be taking 3-6 months or maybe even more depends on the budget and availability of parts.
Chris
Chris what is the size,,,"primary" piping for DC Sports ? and which flywheel you plan to use ?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Chris what is the size,,,"primary" piping for DC Sports ? and which flywheel you plan to use ?
I really don't know what is the exact size of the primary.. hehe.. actually no measure them before and its currently in my DC2 at the workshop. Will measure and let you know. All i know was it was actually a copy of the Mugen 4-1 for 99spec B18C engine or slightly bigger and it ends up with a 2.5" collector.

It worked great on my MME B18C engine but i suspect it will restrict exhaust flow of a 2L. Big tube tri-y options anyone?? Cheap cheap got ar.. hehe..

avantasia said:
wats the price for DC Sports header?

i guess the flywheel comes with super single!!
I bought it new more than 2 years ago. It is the steel type with ceramic coating. I think i paid RM2k+ for it. With that price you can now buy the J's Racing 4-2-1 which is very similar size to Toda 4-2-1 for only RM2400! Somemore it is stainless steel for better life and bling bling effect. hehe..

Yup.. Flywheel is very light and comes with the ATS SuperSingle. Try to get a picture for you guys today.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
which 1 is better? 4-2-1 or 4-1? so far as i know if using 4-1 header fuel consumption like hell....

ATS SuperSingle must be 4k++
No expert here but just info i gather. 4-1 is better for peak power and is actually harder to engineer and design to make optimum power. A badly design 4-1 (in terms of tube size and length) can actually make less power than a badly design 4-2-1. It is easier to make a mistake with a 4-1 then 4-2-1. My experience with 4-1 extractors are back in my Satria Gti. I paid for a custom RPW 4-1 race header which was also ceramic coated, and it was great on my 4G93 with higher cams. Power increase was from low all the way to redline compared with the mivec extractor + long 2-1. In terms of proton, never use any better race extractor than the RPW. We brought this in for a few MME cars before.

4-2-1 were suppose to be design for a broader power band = more useable power with a slight loss of peak power of maybe 1-3%. Even Toda website quote this. That is why i think more and more companies coming out with 4-2-1, so they can sell to road and track cars at the same time. If peak power (like drag) is all you want then a custom big tube 4-1 is a must. Otherwise, a properly design 4-1 or 4-2-1 will be good enough for most usage.

You will be suprise how much ATS supersingle for honda!! Not that expensive, only RM3k+ only! Need one? PM me. hehe..

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
wahhh good info for header bro, pity me i sold off my 5zigen 4-2-1 last time!!!

still considering ogura super single at rm2.5k brand new at ss racing!!!! ats i can't afford la bang if 3k ++...btw how much is that ++??? he hehh hehhh

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
wahhh good info for header bro, pity me i sold off my 5zigen 4-2-1 last time!!!

still considering ogura super single at rm2.5k brand new at ss racing!!!! ats i can't afford la bang if 3k ++...btw how much is that ++??? he hehh hehhh
I have seen the 5zigen 4-2-1 long time ago and i remember it is even smaller then the stock ITR 98 spec extractor or maybe similar only. Much smaller than Toda/J's Racing/Mugen type.

The 5zigen i think good only for stock or mild B16A only.

Ya, SS now selling the ogura for B-series very cheap!

If you don't like the "ching ching ching" sound and smooth clutch pedal then ATS is better. If you like the ching ching sound then you will have to go for Ogura the cheapest then Exedy then OS Giken.

ATS new with bearing only RM3199. I got one set new cover, new flywheel, new bearing but a slightly used metal plate (plate use for MME practice and less than 30 laps). This will be good price for you and slightly more expensive than the Ogura only. PM me if you need more info.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures:-

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/thtan777/ATSSuperSingle.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/thtan777/ATSSSCloseUp.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok .. here goes.... im having difficulties on my next project here... i have an E-Class 1995 Mercedes. I have researched and asked many people stating that i need to place in a Toyota Supra or Celica engine... what do you guys thinks... how much will that cost? will that effect any of the handling? will it make it even better or worsen...my budjet is aroung 60k.. please help me here...cheers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience