BNM measures to give 6 months moratorium

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
*facepalm*

I saw wrongly. KNN why is Citibank above HLB. Mines HLB. Phew.... ok I'm safe for now.

I also blame my poor eyesight and small font. KNN... why is there nothing old-man friendly

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
*facepalm*

I saw wrongly. KNN why is Citibank above HLB. Mines HLB. Phew.... ok I'm safe for now.

I also blame my poor eyesight and small font. KNN... why is there nothing old-man friendly
Ahhhh.... "low far" eyesight kambing.......lol

Reactions: Izso

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Guys something to share ya, for those who enrolled in 6 months moratorium, the interest will still be charged on top of your outstanding loan amount, not your principal. Meaning to say your monthly installments after 6 months will become higher. After running my own layman calculations, i came to conclusion that i will be paying more on interest so i opted out. However some banks do offer free interest in that 6 months period.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys something to share ya, for those who enrolled in 6 months moratorium, the interest will still be charged on top of your outstanding loan amount, not your principal. Meaning to say your monthly installments after 6 months will become higher. After running my own layman calculations, i came to conclusion that i will be paying more on interest so i opted out. However some banks do offer free interest in that 6 months period.
Yeah. But the advise from the govt is "Keep the money as emergency money and if after 6 months you don't spend it, you can pile the whole 6 months savings into your loan and you'd only pay extra 60" or something. Anyway I agree with you - I am opting out.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah. But the advise from the govt is "Keep the money as emergency money and if after 6 months you don't spend it, you can pile the whole 6 months savings into your loan and you'd only pay extra 60" or something. Anyway I agree with you - I am opting out.
I am only opting out from the loan that will make me pay higher. For car loan its only deferment so i am only agree to this.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Its not really clear for me too.
Lets say i choose to take this rest period and dont pay my housing loan for 6 month.
Interest will still be charged but its not compounded...thats fair to me.
I wanted to know what happen after my 6 month;
1. My tenure is extended and no more additional interest on top of the 6 month holiday? or
2. The 6 month interest is consolidated into my principal thus will make my future interest higher?

Rumors are out there some bank will do the 6 month extension while some will increases the installment, which one is true?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am only opting out from the loan that will make me pay higher. For car loan its only deferment so i am only agree to this.
yeah well - this topic was supposed to focus on hire purchase anyway. Car loan good deal if you ask me.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Lets say i choose to take this rest period and dont pay my housing loan for 6 month.
1. My tenure is extended and no more additional interest on top of the 6 month holiday? or
2. The 6 month interest is consolidated into my principal thus will make my future interest higher?

Rumors are out there some bank will do the 6 month extension while some will increases the installment, which one is true?
For Personal Loan, i can confirmed you will pay more after the 6 months rest period, because the interest is still incurred to your total loan. I read that housing loan is also the same.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Differ from bank to bank and on what type of loan. Best is to check with your individual banks, see what they say......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Sifus,

Need your advice on the matter above. Recently when I shift the mmt gearbox to D the light was ok then a few seconds later the D light is blinking. What is the reason? After that I pull over at the road shoulder and engagse to N but the D light is still blinking.

Also, when I try to engage the E and S mode the selector indicator is not shown at the panel cluster.

I never experience this before.Please help... :banghead:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience