Airtrek Turbo (CU2W) Engine (4G63T), tranny and drivetrain swap to Lancer 2008

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I think if you swap to Evo X 4b11t will end up cheaper.
EVO X is my 2nd option, i would opt for Ralliart, mechanically simpler and has a 6th gear for high way cruising.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah but EVO 7-9 you can still find it below 15k, Airtrek turbo is 7k !
Airtrek engine so expensive meh? It's the weakest engine out of the 2nd gen 4G63T so I'd think it should be much cheaper. 9 and 8MR are the expensive ones.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Airtrek engine so expensive meh? It's the weakest engine out of the 2nd gen 4G63T so I'd think it should be much cheaper. 9 and 8MR are the expensive ones.
yea bout 7 give or take

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I always look for the most expensive half cut for me to have a high and low bench mark, it's the weakest due to so much has been detuned. I have another option is Evo 7 GTA half cut but its double the price. Not worth if i am going to spend large portion of my cash to fabricate stuffs to make all things work.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I always look for the most expensive half cut for me to have a high and low bench mark, it's the weakest due to so much has been detuned. I have another option is Evo 7 GTA half cut but its double the price. Not worth if i am going to spend large portion of my cash to fabricate stuffs to make all things work.
k let me be frank...
just bolt on or evo x

if u do die wana install 4g
gen2, look at evo4/5/6/airtrek, forget 7 and up... alot more complicated for a swap.
gen1, your calllah but e3 is cheap these days.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I saw a Ralliart turbo kit for 4b11 on sale in Facebook, rated to 240hp. I think better bolt on that.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I saw a Ralliart turbo kit for 4b11 on sale in Facebook, rated to 240hp. I think better bolt on that.
Need to convert the gearbox to manual, and will need LSD to hold the power to the ground. This was one of my options 3 years ago but i found out the manual gearbox conversion is as expensive as a Lancer N/A half cut, i put that idea away.

k let me be frank...
just bolt on or evo x

if u do die wana install 4g
gen2, look at evo4/5/6/airtrek, forget 7 and up... alot more complicated for a swap.
gen1, your calllah but e3 is cheap these days.
Ralliart is simpler than Evo X. Evo X got plenty of stocks in MY though but still hella expensive. Realistically speaking, 4G conversion is extremely difficult to do as might involve cutting some body frame, which cutting is needed i will straight say no. My mechanic still checking the Airtrek body and mount to see how difficult it is for this swap. An Airtrek turbo just came in to his shop for oil change and driveshaft shaft, so he took this chance to check it out for me. Stay tuned.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Ralliart is simpler than Evo X. Evo X got plenty of stocks in MY though but still hella expensive. Realistically speaking, 4G conversion is extremely difficult to do as might involve cutting some body frame, which cutting is needed i will straight say no. My mechanic still checking the Airtrek body and mount to see how difficult it is for this swap. An Airtrek turbo just came in to his shop for oil change and driveshaft shaft, so he took this chance to check it out for me. Stay tuned.
im pretty sure can be made to fit without cutting... but be prepared to keep the car for life. I'll say it again, turbo the bugger or swap in the 2.4+ turbo the bugger....

also... if the lackthereof lsd is a buzzkill for you, the airtrek doesnt have it either (afaik)

**also think i saw a turbo kit for sale... 7k (im sure u can nego)

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
im pretty sure can be made to fit without cutting... but be prepared to keep the car for life. I'll say it again, turbo the bugger or swap in the 2.4+ turbo the bugger....

also... if the lackthereof lsd is a buzzkill for you, the airtrek doesnt have it either (afaik)

I heard you mate, let me satisfy my hunger to know on this mod, even if my mechanic friend thinks it can be done but whether he wants to do it or not is another case. I won't force him to do it if he is not confident.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Problem with BOT, is the internal may not last.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys yesterday me and my friend and this car was involved in an 3 car accident
this lady driver who was driving this iswara WJQ 9782 did an illegal U-turn infront of pelita mamak at ss2 at around 12.40 and she suddely braked and put signal to u-turn, so natural instinct my fren jammed his braked when the iswara infront stopped right in the fast lane of the road to make a u-turn, and i was driving behind my friend, my friend managed to stop in time but as for me i was behind him and i didnt...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience