Show us your lancer/evo pics!

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Yes, just keep cranking but if jump started with enough juice then it will on. Based on what I read seems to point to crank sensor.
my x-gear got one time it cranks but no start occasionally.
At last check due to battery weak.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Strong cranking
Your problem during hot start, except you jump start it. If drive back home don do anything, cold early morning can start without any fear ?
Heat soak can affect so many things. Weird becos evo got hood vent.

Your problem during hot start, except you jump start it. If drive back home don do anything, cold early morning can start without any fear ?
Heat soak can affect so many things. Weird becos evo got hood vent.
Yes car always can start the first time before driving. After driving then cannot restart again, maybe until a long time.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Yes car always can start the first time before driving. After driving then cannot restart again, maybe until a long time.
I assumed even hot engine bay, battery voltage still good ?. If yes can rule out voltage leak.
And check as @Izso mention wiring connection, recently installed sensor.
Heat soak issue and jump start macam diff scenario. My noob observation btw.

marsha1l_v6

Aug 1, 2013
i had this issue before..similar to say the least

i was WOT my car and suddenly engine stall. long story short: it was ballast resistor failure. I dont know how ,as its just a resistor.

engine can start and running during cold start. since u change injector, probably can take a look.

took out one of the cylinder plug to see if theres anything wrong with ignition/coil, spark is there.
monitoring the afr gauge for any fault in fuel system, check out everything ok.
starter crank strong, i keep on crank + gas till battery kaput.

me and mechanic called two different tuner, both mention injector resistor ballast faulty. According to them, those ballast commonly fail during dyno tune. Ive send the car for dyno twice before, and fail while im on the road. Since then, i have spare ballast standby. :nurse:

Reactions: 6UE5t

i was WOT my car and suddenly engine stall. long story short: it was ballast resistor failure. I dont know how ,as its just a resistor.

engine can start and running during cold start. since u change injector, probably can take a look.

took out one of the cylinder plug to see if theres anything wrong with ignition/coil, spark is there.

me and mechanic called two different tuner, both mention injector resistor ballast faulty. According to them, those ballast commonly fail during dyno tune. Ive send the car for dyno twice before, and fail while im on the road. Since then, i have spare ballast standby. :nurse:
This reminds me of an old case with my video player, when hot it shuts down. I think you got something here. My case with the video is one of the capacitor break connection when hot, and joins back when cool, so could be similar case like this.......lol

Hmm ok thx for the info, I will discuss with my mechanic.

hope it helps and you can enjoy your modded evo asap. Let us know your latest gain after those mod.:driver::driver:
My mechanic said it's solved already, will pick up the car this afternoon. He said it's cam sensor already weak. Maybe magnified by changing cams too. He has just done on road tune as well. Maybe next Saturday dyno tune in Sunway.

pls do yourself a huge favor and have your car dyno tuned on a mainline dyno not a dynodynamics machine.

How does changing the cams magnify it? It's just a positional sensor.
Not exactly sure to be honest, it's just my own thoughts. But it's confirmed the cam sensor issue, so he changed that. He also added extra grounding to help.
pls do yourself a huge favor and have your car dyno tuned on a mainline dyno not a dynodynamics machine.
My mechanic regular dyno shop is mainline but it's broken now for a few months! So need to look at other options.

Reactions: Izso

parakey

Apr 30, 2012
Not exactly sure to be honest, it's just my own thoughts. But it's confirmed the cam sensor issue, so he changed that. He also added extra grounding to help.
I read that cam sensor issues occur after replacing the camshafts. Often it's due to shoddy work. Oil leaks into where the sensor is or dirt/metal shavings interfere with the sensor's readings.

Hi again all ZTH members ... Here to create a thread which will mainly discuss only SUPERCHARGER issues ... I understand that supercharger is a type of Force Induction system which is the kit itself is mounted on the crank (engine) ... The pulley driven device will drives the air into the kit and compresses it then send it to the intake manifold ...

Ok thats some brief introduction ... Hope i've got them all correct ... Now the further on discussion will be NA engines to fix with...