Courses for ECU Tuning - Professional Cert

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

Anyone has information on the above ? If i can attend courses physically and it will be awesome. And what are the investment i needed besides tuition fee ?

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Mentari Performance Academy, anyone around here actually seen them in action ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
3k per class, so total of 15k for the course?......wow!
My friend runs a tuning shop and was telling me the price. 5 classes and they only attend the last 2 days cuz that's the actual tuning part of the classes. The others is like wiring, setup, etc etc. But then again this is Haltech so being the most premium brand now it's probably gonna be expensive.

Cheapest is Youtube.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Dear All,

Anyone has information on the above ? If i can attend courses physically and it will be awesome. And what are the investment i needed besides tuition fee ?

Thanks,
Ken
I would suggest you getting a High Performance Academyn(HPA) subscription. Watch the live webinar introduction to tuning and they'll usually give you some good deal on the package. Really worth it IMO though I do not actually have it.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My friend runs a tuning shop and was telling me the price. 5 classes and they only attend the last 2 days cuz that's the actual tuning part of the classes. The others is like wiring, setup, etc etc. But then again this is Haltech so being the most premium brand now it's probably gonna be expensive.

Cheapest is Youtube.
Don't mind paying for premium education if i am learning from one of the best.

I would suggest you getting a High Performance Academyn(HPA) subscription. Watch the live webinar introduction to tuning and they'll usually give you some good deal on the package. Really worth it IMO though I do not actually have it.
Currently in contact with them, they will get back to me on training courses and subject covered, obviously i also want to learn on wiring, setup and other related stuffs.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Cheapest is Youtube.
obviously i also want to learn on wiring, setup and other related stuffs.
While it's wise to physically learn from the experts, I am wondering the same thing, one can really pick up serious skills with youtube videos these days. I have been watching LED topics, soldering tips, wiring methods recently and was able to successfully build my project. It is my go to source for learning stuff and the best part is you have related videos which may lead you to knowing things you didn't know you need

Reactions: Izso and vr2turbo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
While it's wise to physically learn from the experts, I am wondering the same thing, one can really pick up serious skills with youtube videos these days. I have been watching LED topics, soldering tips, wiring methods recently and was able to successfully build my project. It is my go to source for learning stuff and the best part is you have related videos which may lead you to knowing things you didn't know you need
Yah, I got some tips of youtube too.......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Currently in contact with them, they will get back to me on training courses and subject covered, obviously i also want to learn on wiring, setup and other related stuffs.
Bro if you get more info please share. I'm keen as well. The Haltech session was completed just a few months back and I don't have that much cash to fork out anyway.

The only issue with Youtube is you will fall sometimes and make mistakes. Just pray they aren't expensive mistakes. With a expert guiding you, you will pick up the habits that the expert has which may or may not be a good thing either. Then depending on the experts personality, you may or may not get scolded a zillion times before you are able to stand on your own. Haha! I personally fixed a lot of things with Youtube and Google. Not all car-related things though.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Don't mind paying for premium education if i am learning from one of the best.

It's definitely going to be worth it bro. i almost forked out on the course, but bank account didn't permit :(

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
The only issue with Youtube is you will fall sometimes and make mistakes. Just pray they aren't expensive mistakes. With a expert guiding you, you will pick up the habits that the expert has which may or may not be a good thing either. Then depending on the experts personality, you may or may not get scolded a zillion times before you are able to stand on your own. Haha! I personally fixed a lot of things with Youtube and Google. Not all car-related things though.
True, it really depends on the individual's geek level. Still, it's a good place to start from zero. In just a few short Youtube videos you go from illiterate to literate and it gets you far enough to start trying and actually solve the problem. Like Programming, I think ECU tuning can be learned from the videos. After all, it's a technical skill. Then maybe after all that self learning, you want to get an expert to optimize skills further.

If it was kung fu, then maybe one should start with an expert

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Bro if you get more info please share. I'm keen as well. The Haltech session was completed just a few months back and I don't have that much cash to fork out anyway.
Yup i will share to you via whatsapp later, we can sign up for a basic class first which takes MYR600 only. The more advance one will hands on practice.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Guys,

Just to update, USM, Despark and TOC also offer short courses for the above. I am checking with all 3 of them and will update you guys should anyone of you interested to pursue any other skilled cert.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: vr2turbo

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

Just to update, USM, Despark and TOC also offer short courses for the above. I am checking with all 3 of them and will update you guys should anyone of you interested to pursue any other skilled cert.

Thanks,
Ken
You da man. Thanks for sharing! I wanna know

Reactions: Mitevo7

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just as Air Asia head honcho Tony Fernandes said that looking to the future and planning ahead was the key to the low-cost carrier’s success, even if it took eight years to get to the top, the same school of thought is being implemented at Lotus Racing by embracing young talent in preparation for the future with 16 year old Malaysian karting...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience