Starting a new journey. Tough decision.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
These days, sane, everyday, normal people car is quite insane.

Case study: Volvo S60 T8 Twin Engine, 0-100km/h in 4.4s
Comparison: Audi R8 V8 4.2L 0-100km/h in 4.6s

In other words, the Volvo, with wife and baby in tow, will smoke you in your fancy Audi R8 sports car.

AND, the Volvo will handle better in the hands of an average joe driver, due to AWD, it'll run wide in corners and won't risk spinning out or oversteering (where average joe's can't recover).
Funny, I thought sane everyday people car are Axia,Myvi,Bezza, Saga. Volvo never comes to my mind.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Funny, I thought sane everyday people car are Axia,Myvi,Bezza, Saga. Volvo never comes to my mind.
Those are cheap affordable cars.
People who own Volvo S60 drives it everyday...and they are sane..and they are normal..not datuk, not royalty... eat roti canai also..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have a thread before about my cl7 long long time ago. Posted my dyno sheet with open pod intake, mid till end stainless exhaust and k100, i think around 210+.
0-100 slow lah - best 7sec+
Maybe i should just mod my cl7...haha...felt really not appreciating my cl7 sometime...
I see vtec opens at around 5500, the graph become steep suddenly. 210 whp is already a lot, plus yours is a heavy car so 7+ seconds already quite decent.
Perhaps your project car should be a b16 turbo in a civic eg. Engine is quite solid and many are still around in case you blow it during boost lol.
If 7+ sec to 100 then most likely it's 210hp on crank, not on wheels. 210whp with manual gearbox should be in low 6sec I think.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I still remember a vid on YT, very old video. Its in Japan where race drivers go against each other in 3 Type-R in the same generation...the Accord, Civic, and Integra. I can only recalled it was Civic EK generation.
That Accord is as fast as the other 2.

Which led me to think having a civic or integra as yr fun car might not turn out to be that fun.

What car i can suggest?
I dunno, i only hav experience with sane, everyday, normal people car.
Wahlau.. I am so offended you think the Civic and Integra are not fun cars even though I don't own either. And unless you're driving these cars on the track everyday like those crazy Japanese fellas it's going to be plenty of good fun on the road. Only thing bad is the way the security needs to be double triple quadruple reinforced.

These days, sane, everyday, normal people car is quite insane.

Case study: Volvo S60 T8 Twin Engine, 0-100km/h in 4.4s
Comparison: Audi R8 V8 4.2L 0-100km/h in 4.6s

In other words, the Volvo, with wife and baby in tow, will smoke you in your fancy Audi R8 sports car.

AND, the Volvo will handle better in the hands of an average joe driver, due to AWD, it'll run wide in corners and won't risk spinning out or oversteering (where average joe's can't recover).
Oh how technology for newer cars has improved. Even the way the DSG gearboxes work although unreliable they are pretty impressive gearboxes. Anyway those two cars are sane people cars but they aren't for 'normal' people. These fellas need to be in a pretty reasonably high end bracket to afford either the Volvo or Audi. Not necessarily rich but definitely better than your average joe. Average joes drive Vios or Altis' at best.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Oh how technology for newer cars has improved. Even the way the DSG gearboxes work although unreliable they are pretty impressive gearboxes. Anyway those two cars are sane people cars but they aren't for 'normal' people. These fellas need to be in a pretty reasonably high end bracket to afford either the Volvo or Audi. Not necessarily rich but definitely better than your average joe. Average joes drive Vios or Altis' at best.
Last I checked.. Toyota Vios owners think they "made it in life"....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It all comes down to each own expectations and ambitions. Some people are happy enough with what they have achieved thru their own hard work, and some people who are always wanting more.

Reactions: alcyon

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
When you driving Axia, Bezza or Saga all your life, of course if get to own Vios you would think you "made it in life".
I row boat for 11 years, upgrade to cruise liner also I don't think I made it in life.

It all comes down to each own expectations and ambitions. Some people are happy enough with what they have achieved thru their own hard work, and some people who are always wanting more.
Thing is, the ones I refer to, think they macam yes..hot shot... I just..well, row my boat lor.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I row boat for 11 years, upgrade to cruise liner also I don't think I made it in life.

Thing is, the ones I refer to, think they macam yes..hot shot... I just..well, row my boat lor.
Well one should be proud of what they have achieved from their struggles and be happy with it but one should not be arrogant.

Reactions: minibeany

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
People who own Volvo S60 drives it everyday...and they are sane..and they are normal..not datuk, not royalty... eat roti canai also..
Datuk and royalty don't drive, they have drivers.......lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yup that's me !

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Got few kinds of Vios owners:

1.) Practical and well behave road users
2.) Young and dangerous + race everything on the road
3.) Old and dangerous + road rage
4.) Made it in life kind and appreciate the heck of of Vios which brings goodness to him/her
5.) Upgraded from trustworthy Toyota SEG

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Got few kinds of Vios owners:

1.) Practical and well behave road users
2.) Young and dangerous + race everything on the road
3.) Old and dangerous + road rage
4.) Made it in life kind and appreciate the heck of of Vios which brings goodness to him/her
5.) Upgraded from trustworthy Toyota SEG
Another type.
6.) Tom Goh, races in the Toyota Vios 1 make race :dancing2:

Reactions: vr2turbo and Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

door to door service.. stubborn windscreen watermarks remover.

only need 15 minutes of your time

Satisfaction Guaranteed

RM40 per car / MPV RM60

Klang Valley Area

CALL 019-3636 883 Steven

Call for enquiries. Plz do not SMS . Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience