Dilemma: Inspira 2.0 or Cruze 1.8

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,
Thanks for all the input. In the end i choose airtrek after all.

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

A week use in town driving, for rm30 manage to get me around 160km.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all
Is the airtrek modded or stock.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Guys,

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all
rvr auto turbo is worse?.. should be terbalik

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

Thanks again all
Good on ya dude. Just pls don't buy that Kancil. RM30 is RON95 or 97? If RON95 that's almost 11km/L which is bloody incredible. If that's RON97 it's even more incredible! How did you drive bro?

Guess your advise didn't work on him ! He went to the dark side, he's gone.
Advice? Nah. I didn't advise anything. I just threw everything I know/didn't know and the fella made an informed decision based on all the advice given to him from me an the rest. That's the best way to decide things. I personally don't like following just because people shoving down "advice" down your throat.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Guys,

Need some opinion. Recently I've test drive 2 cars. Both from the same manufacturing year, 2010. Proton Inspira 2.0 and Chevy Cruze 1.8.

Proton Inspira 2.0 premium 2010 - RM33K OTR
Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LT Sport 2010 - RM23K OTR

Look wise, Inspira looks a bit sporty. Cruze is more elegant. I dont really mind the looks for both, looks good to me.

Interior, Inspira looks like a common car of that year of make. Cruze looks like a modern car. I mean in terms of the layout of the dashboard.

Revving at idle, Inspira throttle response is more responsive compare to Cruze. However, when in gear, initial acceleration, Cruze is much more better.

Gear shifting both are smooth in auto mode. In manual mode, Cruze lacks a bit of kick compare to Inspira (or maybe it was my imagination).

Steering response, in changing lanes and going between traffic, Inspira can be consider sharp. Cruze, hard to say, i made a u turn test while chit chatting with the salesman, i didnt realize that i already made out of the u turn. So not sure to say if the steering response for Cruze is sharper or it is simply very comfortable until i didn't realize.

Comfort in cabin. Cut short, Cruze wins. Seats are more ergonomic for the driver, no noise coming from outside. Inspira is just the opposite.

Boot space, Cruze wins.

Now is the part that i dont know.

Spare part price for both models.
Fuel consumption for both models.
Resell value for both models.

If only i can get this missing information, maybe it will really help me to decide.

Thanks.

how good are you on car maintenance or doing mechanical basic or atleast able to indentify which area/part are problematic in a car?
and how good your workshop on maintaining both car?

and i would say...between inspira 2.0, cruze 1.8.... go for inspira 1.8 will be a better option on long run....

while inspira drives great, the 2.0 came only in cvt scooter gearbox...(hence u didnt feel acceleration that punch)
the cruze...looks great, feels great... support like parts and workshop for maintenance confirm headache...unless u want to stuck with service center cut throat...

hence... came the inspira 1.8.... even got manual gearbox option if you look around

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
how good are you on car maintenance or doing mechanical basic or atleast able to indentify which area/part are problematic in a car?

and i would say...between inspira 2.0, cruze 1.8.... go for inspira 1.8 will be a better option on long run....

while inspira drives great, the 2.0 came only in cvt scooter gearbox...(hence u didnt feel acceleration that punch)
the cruze...looks great, feels great... support like parts and workshop for maintenance confirm headache...unless u want to stuck with service center cut throat...

hence... came the inspira 1.8.... even got manual gearbox option if you look around
He buy Airtrek already.. cause he come to zero to hundred..and Airtrek is the fastest compare to Inspira and Cruze

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Dude he went for an Airtrek Turbo.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Guys,

Thanks again all

eh...sounds like your fc quite ok....engine is 100% stock?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Sorry for the late reply guys...
Over the weekend i went back kampung for another round.
From full bar to the lowest one of my fuel gauge, i manage to clock 530km. 82.3km was using hiway. The rest was trunk road. Not much of heavy traffic along the way. Cruising mostly at 80kmh. Fastest was at 140kmh only. On heavy traffic area, i fully use the semi auto function.

eh...sounds like your fc quite ok....engine is 100% stock?
Yup. Its totally stock and in good condition.
Btw, i drive like old man. Hehehe... Im not those type of heavy footed unless if really needed.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahaha I like how this turn out

Dilemma: Inspira vs Cruze, buys an Airtrek

I am waiting for Dilemma: Bezza or Saga, then the fella buys a BMW E36 with 1JZ inside.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry for the late reply guys...
Over the weekend i went back kampung for another round.
From full bar to the lowest one of my fuel gauge, i manage to clock 530km. 82.3km was using hiway. The rest was trunk road. Not much of heavy traffic along the way. Cruising mostly at 80kmh. Fastest was at 140kmh only. On heavy traffic area, i fully use the semi auto function.

Yup. Its totally stock and in good condition.
Btw, i drive like old man. Hehehe... Im not those type of heavy footed unless if really needed.
Not all old man drive slow......hhahahhahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I have a 2005 model Proton Waja 1.6 automatic. Recently I notices that when I switched on the head lamp the "R" indicator light was on slightly when I was driving the car, and the right signal light blink faster than normal when I make a right turn.

No such problem is observed if I do not switch on the head lamp.

Any one encountered similar problem and any suggested solution ?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience