Buying a Bmw 330e

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Potential for turbo mods should be better and easier on your 1jz but if stock for stock then the 1UZ should give more low-mid torque. I saw in Russia there's already Mark X also swapped to 1UZ.
There was a dilemma when i was choosing N/A or turbo path, but after figured out the weight & power ratio that i want to match to the E46, 1JZGTE is better and i was right. Some 1UZ swapped E46 owners complaint that the nose of their cars gotten much heavier and makes understeering very profound. 1UZFE weights 250 kgs and 1JZGTE weights 204 kg while the original BMW M43 weighted at 138kg and M54B25 engine weights at 130kg. I have to shift the 1jzgte position slightly backward and lower to get the balance the car weight. With 1UZ, don't think this is possible as the engine is tall with 90' design and not to mention its weight. Fortunately all the swap is done without anything done to the body and i can taste the smoothness of inline6 and its turbo powahhhhh when on boost. Its intoxicating.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There was a dilemma when i was choosing N/A or turbo path, but after figured out the weight & power ratio that i want to match to the E46, 1JZGTE is better and i was right. Some 1UZ swapped E46 owners complaint that the nose of their cars gotten much heavier and makes understeering very profound. 1UZFE weights 250 kgs and 1JZGTE weights 204 kg while the original BMW M43 weighted at 138kg and M54B25 engine weights at 130kg. I have to shift the 1jzgte position slightly backward and lower to get the balance the car weight. With 1UZ, don't think this is possible as the engine is tall with 90' design and not to mention its weight. Fortunately all the swap is done without anything done to the body and i can taste the smoothness of inline6 and its turbo powahhhhh when on boost. Its intoxicating.
The 1jz weighs 204kg with or without the turbo and inter cooler?

Yeah boost is intoxicating but somehow on average I probably drive as slow if not slower in my Evo than my other 2 NA cars! Lol.

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu

Yeah boost is intoxicating but somehow on average I probably drive as slow if not slower in my Evo than my other 2 NA cars! Lol.
mywikimotors.com - all engine weight listed.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Makes me wonder what would my E46 be if i chose the 4.0 1UZFE V8 instead of 1JZGTE VVTI, with few mods can the E46 drag like the E92 M3. :smokin:
don't think the UZ would fit. Some friends of mine commented that it's a wide engine although short. Wide is never gonna fit in a 46 engine bay.

And you're better off with a M62 or S62 if you wanna do v8. At least BMW engines will fit there properly....

yalo 330e tak jadi.. I currently own a gti and wanna sell off but few buyer loan x jadi so Mayb god wants me to retain it and mod it hahahhaa..

but okla Mayb by modding it i learn something out of it lol.. so many sifus advise I need slowly digesttt.. hmm interesting ☺
First of all research how much power and torque the gearbox can handle. Then find out how much your current engine delivers. Then from there you can estimate how much you can mod.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Not included, purely engine weight. Hahaha that's what i'm impressed with 1JZ, i boost all day long and still return me with kinda good FC. On average, RM100 on RON95 can get me somewhere 360 km or 380 km.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
don't think the UZ would fit. Some friends of mine commented that it's a wide engine although short. Wide is never gonna fit in a 46 engine bay.
There are plenty of E46 with 1UZFE, domestically and internationally. However, the engine bay is fully occupied that makes modifications very troublesome. Russians like to fit this engine into their E46, locally wise, i went to this Lee's Garage in Shah Alam, they have done a couple of 1UZ swapped E46 in the past with great success.

For modifications, 1JZ will benefit more as more working room. For stock standard comfort, 1UZFE will be good enough. The later version of 1UZFE packs 320hp N/A. Some simple IHE, ignition and ECU should get another 30 hp easily.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not included, purely engine weight. Hahaha that's what i'm impressed with 1JZ, i boost all day long and still return me with kinda good FC. On average, RM100 on RON95 can get me somewhere 360 km or 380 km.
I'm impressed you're running on RON95! And how can you boost and have good FC?? When I was doing it, boosting too much meant 100km shaved off my FC

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then if all included still about 250 kg also.

Wah that's the same as mine OFF boost! Last week measurement only got me 7.7km/litre testing on 95 with Bardhal octane booster, granted I went thru quite a lot traffic jams. Seems like this mixture gives me a bit better FC than pure 97.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I'm impressed you're running on RON95! And how can you boost and have good FC?? When I was doing it, boosting too much meant 100km shaved off my FC
The engine has no problem running on RON95, no vibration and no knocking even at 6.5k high rev.

I think thanks to the final drive, when i am cruising at 120km/h or below, my RPM is about 2.5-2.7k. Now i am gonna figure out how to rid of the droning sound !

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Then if all included still about 250 kg also.

Wah that's the same as mine OFF boost! Last week measurement only got me 7.7km/litre testing on 95 with Bardhal octane booster, granted I went thru quite a lot traffic jams. Seems like this mixture gives me a bit better FC than pure 97.
Interesting, can i find this in ACE Hardware ? I think in time it is still better to have higher octane for high performance engine. I also noticed engine will run colder when on RON97 or RON100.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The engine has no problem running on RON95, no vibration and no knocking even at 6.5k high rev.

I think thanks to the final drive, when i am cruising at 120km/h or below, my RPM is about 2.5-2.7k. Now i am gonna figure out how to rid of the droning sound !
Exhaust drone? I got a few "dark arts" secrets to try if you're interested.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Oh tall gearing, no wonder!
Interesting, can i find this in ACE Hardware ? I think in time it is still better to have higher octane for high performance engine. I also noticed engine will run colder when on RON97 or RON100.
I bought from Lazada/Shoppee. Supposedly can increase ron by as much as 3 numbers (up to 30 points), so theoretically similar to 97-98? So far I tested no knocking even on full boost at red line.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If it runs colder on 97 or 100 then it could be knocking all these while.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day

Assuming i already have a paint code, lets say i have a Lexus Paint Code Glacier Frost Mica (Paint Code 074).

Which / where is the best shop that i can send my car to for repaint to this EXACT same color as if it was out form the factory ?

(Within KL/PJ Area, and for reasonable price -meaning not dirt cheap, but not dirt expensive)? Would appreciate any recommendaitons. THanks guys !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience