Buying a Bmw 330e

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
lolzz... 40k reli not worth it..
Don’t mention evo la pls... make me saddd
Evo 5 also cost 80-90 somemore is cash... how to buyyyy ..
Evo 5/6 GSR is around 60+ now. Only the TME costs above 90 now but people trying to sell at that crazy prices doesn't mean got buyer also.

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
Well are you an Evo expert? If so then maybe can provide this newbie a more exact guidelines of your expertise what to do and how much to spend for that power level? Anyway I also mentioned 'probably ' so that's my disclaimer.

Dude, Suzuki is out of Malaysia already since so many years so how on earth I work for Suzuki here. Are you living under a rock? Stop talking utter nonsense.
I have R32 GTR 500whp (current building 700whp) i spend 50k on parts alone( which I imported myself). labor is partially free as my in-house mechanic does all the job.
I have been building ae86 400whp, 400whp S2000 personally so i do know my costings.

Maybe i live under a rock but you are still living in a 1980 where car parts are still cheap- cheers

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
suddenly discussion being swayed away from original topic. cool down to both of you. so has the TS made his mind?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have R32 GTR 500whp (current building 700whp) i spend 50k on parts alone( which I imported myself). labor is partially free as my in-house mechanic does all the job.
I have been building ae86 400whp, 400whp S2000 personally so i do know my costings.

Maybe i live under a rock but you are still living in a 1980 where car parts are still cheap- cheers
Well those are still not Evo so sorry to say still not really qualify you to comment on Evo.

At least still better than living under a rock ya!
suddenly discussion being swayed away from original topic. cool down to both of you. so has the TS made his mind?
Well tell that to the above dude who still lives under a rock why accusing people without having a clue.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Get the F30 330i instead.
Power. Yes 330i.
FC with torque 320d.

but I think 330e is damn cheap compared to those two for the year made. Worth driving for 2 or 3 years before warranty expire then upgrade.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
How long does the battery last? If spread out for a prolonged period of time and considering the price of the vehicle, I dont think we can call that expensive.
Lithium ions in Tesla actually lasts quite well. Nissan Leaf however is abysmal. Li-on is Li-on, brand is irrelevant, the conditioning and battery management especially cooling is what matters. Heat kill batteries along with discharging it to 0%. The 330e has pretty good cooling and it doesn’t drain the battery completely so the cooling strategy is pretty good.

That being said if you drive it like you stole it all the time then 330e doesn’t make sense at all. It makes a lot of sense if you can charge at home and even better if at work. And you don’t commute more than 50km a day (home charging) or double that if at work as well.

Its fuel economy shines when you’re stuck in traffic a lot. Highways then the hybrid doesn’t really help.

The driving sensation is awesome, in sports mode and there’s no turbo lag. But don’t go racing with A45s.

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
What car you're driving now? If wan to worry about FC, forget about it. It will be the LEAST of your worries. I alternate between an E90 330i and a 2013 F10 528i.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Power. Yes 330i.
FC with torque 320d.

but I think 330e is damn cheap compared to those two for the year made. Worth driving for 2 or 3 years before warranty expire then upgrade.
So that's your plan in the next 3 years?

koshin

Known Member
Feb 1, 2018
Vietnam
Well those are still not Evo so sorry to say still not really qualify you to comment on Evo.

At least still better than living under a rock ya!

Well tell that to the above dude who still lives under a rock why accusing people without having a clue.
Of course those R32, s2000, A86 are not Evos, Evos are boring *yawn* cars, Ironically I happen to Own an Evo8MR running on Tomei turbo+ link ECU. So believe me i am more than qualify to comment on Evos. and I know RM per HP cost. :biggrin:

Reactions: alcyon

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Just take it as a pinch of salt. You have an Evo, and you knew better on Evo cars. He mentioned he has a GTR and an AE86. maybe, just maybe he knew his car as well.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Boss, 40k will NOT get you 500hp~600hp. UNLESS you use all second-tangan + recycle parts which i also doubtful.
Piston+rods, injectors, clutch, turbo, manifold+exhaust, IC, fuel pump, ECU+tuning. igition coils, are not cheap

I think you really work for suzuki la.
Depends on your modding strategy, 500-600hp is achievable with 40K if all those budgets exclusively spend on ENGINE mods. If talk about drivability after you hit 500-600hp, then you will spent another 20-30k to getting the power transfer to the ground.

And your last comment, is quite baseless and stirring up unnecessary emotions from 6UEST.

Please refrain yourselves to show your superiority by telling us all the rides you have owned or modded. Like i said its baseless.

@6UEST,

Take a step back and take a breath man. No glory in winning internet fights.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Just take it as a pinch of salt. You have an Evo, and you knew better on Evo cars. He mentioned he has a GTR and an AE86. maybe, just maybe he knew his car as well.
Well said dude. 6UEST was too worked up on his emotions. Must be lack of coffee

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
WTF??!! That's why I probably will never own a German car! Still way too poor for such nonsense prices!
I don't think its a German specific thing, more like paying through the nose for new exclusive technology. I bet for simpler German cars one doesn't have to pay such prices for parts.

Last edited:
Reactions: koshin

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i am looking at purchasing a RX-8, which i am aware that it is a rotary and fuel hog. Its just for my weekend drive. Manual transmission is around RM50k. The cons would be, no matter what the previous owner says about the engine, it may still fail and i would be looking at a rebuild at about RM8k or transplant, which is about 12k. The pros about a manual transmission RX-8 at this price range would be that it is maintained well than the much lower priced ones.

Alternatively if i get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience