Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why are all these turbo owners trying to stay off boost? Kinda defeats the purpose of owning such a vehicle
I don't stay off boost all the time. I just boost only when needed. We're all civilized people right? hehehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just for curiosity, I always want to know the best my cars can achieve either in FC, or acceleration, or top speeds. Knowing all those kinda gives indication of how healthy the cars are especially is they're still with stock engines.

Of course in the case of Evo, since it's also pretty thirsty, not wise for the wallet to keep boosting too. Lol. I don't want to kill my engine too soon either especially if I keep boosting in the middle of hot noon days.
So far I've only managed 120km for the first quarter bar of petrol. Everytime after that there's always something that'll drop the FC to ridiculous amounts

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
after rebuild, run in and retune, i go through following stress test:

- drive to penang and cruise around 160+- . <-- compare fuel consumption before and after rebuild. see how it fare(temp wise) on long journey with rpm 4k+.
- join drag competition. <-- not there to compete, just tekan kaw2 while theres engine guarantee from builder.
- drive to kl on weekdays during rush hour (morning, lunch hour, and evening when ppl balik kerja) <-- if anything fail during this time, tow is free to bengkel. hahaha..

so far so good. all checked out good. till now no issue. *touchwood. hahaha

the only time i see fc different is after tuning.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
after rebuild, run in and retune, i go through following stress test:

- drive to penang and cruise around 160+- . <-- compare fuel consumption before and after rebuild. see how it fare(temp wise) on long journey with rpm 4k+.
- join drag competition. <-- not there to compete, just tekan kaw2 while theres engine guarantee from builder.
- drive to kl on weekdays during rush hour (morning, lunch hour, and evening when ppl balik kerja) <-- if anything fail during this time, tow is free to bengkel. hahaha..

so far so good. all checked out good. till now no issue. *touchwood. hahaha

the only time i see fc different is after tuning.
Whoa pretty hard stress test leh!

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Whoa pretty hard stress test leh!
Marshall is hard core type :driver:
not normal ke? i thought its common especially for those convert engine...maybe not the high speed cruise..hahaha

u can test on open empty road instead of join dragday..

well, its my car for outstation/weekend/fun, those scenario bring confidence in its reliability. :rock:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
time for rebuild!

no need for seperate meter. scg1 is one 52mm meter for 2 display, it display both afr and boost same time.

Yup, comes with failsafe. there's boost controller too but abit troublesome to set for new user. It doesnt have any hi low.

If you want different boost setup, can do it this way:

low: switch off solenoid control and your boost will be based on your wastegate spring.( failsafe is off too)
Hi : switch on solenoid control (failsafe is on)
Bro, I'm really interested in this SCG1 but based on your comments the boost controller is not as complete. But I like the all-in-one packaging as it's cleaner inside the cockpit and cheaper as a total. I'm considering these options now:
1. Get this SCG1, or
2. Get the AEM 30-4900 A/F failsafe plus the Profec (either the older B or the newer Oled) which should be the most expensive option, or
3. Get just the more basic AEM A/F meter only plus the Profec. Of course this means no failsafe.

I'm thinking to run maybe 1.3-1.4 bar for normal boost then 1.7 bar for high boost. Which options seems more suitable?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, I'm really interested in this SCG1 but based on your comments the boost controller is not as complete. But I like the all-in-one packaging as it's cleaner inside the cockpit and cheaper as a total. I'm considering these options now:
1. Get this SCG1, or
2. Get the AEM 30-4900 A/F failsafe plus the Profec (either the older B or the newer Oled) which should be the most expensive option, or
3. Get just the more basic AEM A/F meter only plus the Profec. Of course this means no failsafe.

I'm thinking to run maybe 1.3-1.4 bar for normal boost then 1.7 bar for high boost. Which options seems more suitable?
i would go scg1 +remap ecu.

scg1 dependable on your wastegate spring, it cant set boost lower than your wastegate spring rate. Hence, getting tial wastegate is good pair. Tial provide various spring vs turbosmart only provide single setup spring.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/SCG-1 Manual.pdf <<-- try take a look at its feature.

for your setup, you use wastegate with 1.3 spring rate then use scg1 to increase the boost.

BUT, if you want to change hi/low boost on the go, profec +AEM failsafe is for you. Profec ebc is not dependable on your wastegate spring.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i would go scg1 +remap ecu.

scg1 dependable on your wastegate spring, it cant set boost lower than your wastegate spring rate. Hence, getting tial wastegate is good pair. Tial provide various spring vs turbosmart only provide single setup spring.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/SCG-1 Manual.pdf <<-- try take a look at its feature.

for your setup, you use wastegate with 1.3 spring rate then use scg1 to increase the boost.

BUT, if you want to change hi/low boost on the go, profec +AEM failsafe is for you. Profec ebc is not dependable on your wastegate spring.
How do you switch boost in SCG1? Can it be done quickly like just 1 button press?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, please help me, yesterday I was changing my old rusa engine oil after 5k run, but found that the oil b4 change has lost alot, its at the middle of "full" n "low" level which is not usual for me, it seems like leak of sumthing, so i found the bottom part of the engine soak wif oil, n have strong smell of petrol everytime i stoped my engine.
So is it the engine casket leaking? or what cause the engine oil consumption.
Btw, why my van have heavy petrol smell after the engine stop, this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience