Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
there is uncle in Puchong that knows how to repair the meter panel.
i have issue with my trip meter. dare not touch... worry some plastic will crack for this old car... lagi banyak problem
Plastic crack or not, depends on how careful you are when you dismantle the trim. Even the screws holding your ac button can break off. I am not so worried about it though. That trim is replaceable.

What you need to be more careful about is those connection strips at the back of the meter

Reactions: minibeany

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think I will smack until it cannot read then I find another solution. Hahahahaha
These few day it raises itself and I am quite surprised.
I dont know the actual cause. Due to poor state of my connectors, I am leery about dismantling my meter. I suspect it's a poor connection

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
there is uncle in Puchong that knows how to repair the meter panel.
i have issue with my trip meter. dare not touch... worry some plastic will crack for this old car... lagi banyak problem
The meter panel itself is tough even when u smack the dash. The weakest part is the dashboard trim esp the screw point above the clock area and area around the aircond switch. These area tend to break even if u sneeze when removing it to get to the meter.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update
The engine suddenly mati when I was driving. Aircond & mp3 player still on. After putting in N and start again the car is ok. After asking my Kilang Technician head he told me that mayb is the Ignition coil & cable gonna kong already. So I juz swap out both the thing & a set of New Spark plug.
All under RM200 and diy by myself. Hahahahaha
Althought the Technician is sitting beside me and see did I done something wrong.
Next month might buy some hose for the to swap out.

Another thing I found out.
When Driving and stop the Gear is in D the car rattling is quite heavy. After you accelerate the rattling is gone. Althought I know is a old car problem. But may I know what is causing the rattling? Engine mount? or other thing?

Attachments

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
The engine suddenly mati when I was driving.
What were you doing when it happened? Decelerating and braking? Any sputtering? Or perhaps you washed your engine recently.

The old plugs looks okay. Cant see the old coil or wires. So cant comment about that.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
What were you doing when it happened? Decelerating and braking? Any sputtering? Or perhaps you washed your engine recently.

The old plugs looks okay. Cant see the old coil or wires. So cant comment about that.

Decelerating then braking to a full stop. Then start rattling.Goyang until the side mirror also goyang togather. After you accerelate the rattling gone.When put it in N the car didn't rattling.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2wwCwa0-FE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, you can now catch the latest of Zerotohundred.com snippets on the Big Screen at The Pavilion KL the next time you're enjoying a Frappe at Starbucks or a Pint at La Bodega. Thanks to the gigantic Brand@Vision's Sharp Aquos digital billboard display, you can now get a glimpse of the coolest side of cars that we dish out daily.

Alfresco dining at The Pavilion will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience