Need suggestion : Malaysia Boleh workshop

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
LOL come to think of it my CI current has lost its ASC (Active Stability Control), only the ABS is working. Would need to get LSD for the rear diff, otherwise its gonna be very scary in the rain.

Thanks,
Ken
You need to install LSD especially with the power you're making. I also already installed on my Mark X.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm correct me if im wrong, it helps get power down. In that sense yes, if ur getting stuck alot, the lsd will help. but in theory, at the limit if your wheel's traction, actually you (with an lsd) will slide before a car without an lsd (car with an open dif will probably lose traction later since you dont break that traction threshold as easily. you dont tend to be able to put down power as suddenly with one wheel slipping away)

i could be wrong, but thats what i was told. Its not all pros, there are cons.
No, not correct. The LSD functions to distribute more power to the wheel with the better traction until that wheel also reaches the traction limit then both wheels will slide. So in the meantime as a whole the traction limit of cars with LSD is higher than those without LSD.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Your car no need push out, already parked outside......hhahahhahaha
Then I'll make sure to arm the immobilizer and all the security gadgets... wait I already do arm those. No one in my family knows how to disarm so it's all good.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
No, not correct. The LSD functions to distribute more power to the wheel with the better traction until that wheel also reaches the traction limit then both wheels will slide. So in the meantime as a whole the traction limit of cars with LSD is higher than those without LSD.
yea i agree traction is higher as a whole, but question is about 'safer'
with an lsd, if you suddenly put in more throttle not knowing one wheel is slipping, you break that threshold more suddenly?
'i was speaking more in terms of safer in the rain'.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
with an lsd, if you suddenly put in more throttle not knowing one wheel is slipping, you break that threshold more suddenly?
Hmm with LSD both wheels will be slipping, not just one. With LSD probably one will feel the oversteer is more severe once the traction limit is passed but the behaviour should be more consistent in one direction? But if without LSD, it will give you snap oversteer to the other way around once the inside wheel suddenly bites back.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
You need to install LSD especially with the power you're making. I also already installed on my Mark X.
Is your LSD custom or ready make for it ? I have seen some guys talking about Powerzone LSD which they seems like can make for any car. But i couldn't find any information anymore.

Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
With LSD and your choice of types, you can have more traction put to the ground, even if one wheel is in the pile of water or wetter road, the slip is being "limited" to a certain degree which you are either experience enough to feel the back of the car is losing traction before any snap oversteer happens. I am pretty sure any experience drivers can tell whether his/her car is losing traction and will control the throttle to prevent it from breaking traction. Its about managing the traction.

Open diff on the other hand, if one wheel is lifted up or in the pile of water, the torque distribution to the wheel with traction will be equally low as the wheel that lost the traction, hence putting your car into understeer situation, when traction returns to both wheels, the sudden twist of torque to the drive axle will create snap oversteer. I'd experienced this in a FWD while driving on wet road, first, i felt the front is losing traction and i tried to manage the "slip" by tapping on the throttle, when the "slip" is over there comes the snap oversteer.

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Is your LSD custom or ready make for it ? I have seen some guys talking about Powerzone LSD which they seems like can make for any car. But i couldn't find any information anymore.

Ken
I use Toyota 1 torsen way LSD, plug and play.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My friend shipped on in from overseas. It's the only place to buy it
Can i retro fit some other car brand's rear diff with LSD into my beemer ? Any car makes' rear LSD diff that can be mounted with some modifications ?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Got any lobang to a BMW E46 Non-M ? Currently i am using 325i rear diff with 3.46 diff, i think i need one with 3.96 with LSD.
You're on auto right? Did you find out the differential's ratio that's suitable for your current engine/gb?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi I need some information.

I am actually looking for a 4g92 MIVEC engine. Can someone please tell me whats the rough estimation of the the cost.
I intend to upgrade my WIRA 1,5m yr 2000 model. Would I require authorization from JPJ and also do I require to change my current breaking system. At current moment my front breaks are Disc breaks and back breaks are drum breaks.

I also need to know..would this effect my car insurance and NCB..?

I hope all u "tai kor" can help me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience