2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Eh, modern P1 safety i a hell lot better than what it used to be. Its not like boron steel tough but their HPF thingny does it job when things go bad on the road. My friend brother survive a frontal offset crash with a Hilux (drunk driver )at abt 60-70kmh with not cut or bruises....well there is bruises but at the expected area where the seatbelt held the driver in place.

The Atos is from older generation thus it cant hold a candle against modern P1 and the latest Myvi. What i notice on most P2 is there are not enough metal support across the frontal area. Maybe their engineer will say there is no need for it as it serve no purpose as crash structure but for end user it adds up to the repair bill as everything behind the front bumper will be destroyed in a minor crash.

Now go bring your gf to shop for replacement for the Atos.
Sounds good but from my observation of Saga (FL1 & FL2) crash cases, those cars were totaled, not to say i have bias against the car but what i saw is hard to pass. There are too many probabilities that lead to a crash so i really glad your friend's brother able to walk away without any real injuries. If she is going to spend on a new car, it has to be equipped with VSC or Traction control.

VSC and Traction Control are also other import features that should be made standard to all cars, these CAN effectively reduce likelihood of loosing control and crash into oncoming traffic or light poles. Which is something i really don't like about our local MOT, we have to pay a fxxking premium prices for some safety techs that should be standard in the first place. Let's take it an example, ABS is quite standard in all modern cars.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sounds good but from my observation of Saga (FL1 & FL2) crash cases, those cars were totaled, not to say i have bias against the car but what i saw is hard to pass. There are too many probabilities that lead to a crash so i really glad your friend's brother able to walk away without any real injuries. If she is going to spend on a new car, it has to be equipped with VSC or Traction control.

VSC and Traction Control are also other import features that should be made standard to all cars, these CAN effectively reduce likelihood of loosing control and crash into oncoming traffic or light poles. Which is something i really don't like about our local MOT, we have to pay a fxxking premium prices for some safety techs that should be standard in the first place. Let's take it an example, ABS is quite standard in all modern cars.

Thanks,
Ken
Saga is not included in the 'safe' list. The 'safe' cars are Iriz, Preve, Suprima, latest Persona.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Other markets already have AEB as standard feature. And in Malaysia we still don't have traction control. Syukurlah Malaysia masih aman. Transport minister don't know doing what everyday. Tinting very important is it? Can tint darker so his VIP friends happy? Idiot.

Different government, still same stupidity.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Saga is not included in the 'safe' list. The 'safe' cars are Iriz, Preve, Suprima, latest Persona.
That's what i said, it seems like "Safety" is for those who can pay and afford. Lesser earning can kiss their safety goodbye for all they care. Saga is not classified under "safe" list then i guess its only rational to avoid this model and go for Iriz, Preve and Persona, but again, these so called "safe" list comes with a price tag, which the masses would rather go with foreign brand like Honda and Toyota. which can satisfy very much of the masses' needs, like space, safety, entertainment and also the brand factor.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
That's what i said, it seems like "Safety" is for those who can pay and afford. Lesser earning can kiss their safety goodbye for all they care. Saga is not classified under "safe" list then i guess its only rational to avoid this model and go for Iriz, Preve and Persona, but again, these so called "safe" list comes with a price tag, which the masses would rather go with foreign brand like Honda and Toyota. which can satisfy very much of the masses' needs, like space, safety, entertainment and also the brand factor.
If i recall correctly the latest saga chassis is the same one they used since BLM so not much can be done. Only way is to come out with new platform which P1 cant afford under previous 'mis'management.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
If i recall correctly the latest saga chassis is the same one they used since BLM so not much can be done. Only way is to come out with new platform which P1 cant afford under previous 'mis'management.
which would be in 2021 or end of 2020. new saga model

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Exactly like what ixeo described, put a lipstick on pig is still a pig. Put a NEW Saga in ads without a refresh model is still the 2008 version Saga. I hope they don't plan to run this model for another 10 years. It's clocked 11 years already since the last true refreshed Saga has been introduced.

Even the Vios had been refreshed totally ...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Exactly like what ixeo described, put a lipstick on pig is still a pig. Put a NEW Saga in ads without a refresh model is still the 2008 version Saga. I hope they don't plan to run this model for another 10 years. It's clocked 11 years already since the last true refreshed Saga has been introduced.

Even the Vios had been refreshed totally ...
With Geely steering the company now they have to come out with new platform or adopt Geely platform and engine to comply with higher std of foreign market. Not to mention better engine. Local market alone just wont cut it to make healthy profit.

I work in local company which supply parts for major automotive brand. When i asked people from sales why we dont supply to P1 or P2 the answer i receive;
1.Previously P1 management is sombong.
2.P1 and P2 volume is peanut compared to order from current make we supply. Having to cater for them could potentially yield unnecessary cost.

Nonetheless things are changing for P1 and hopefully we can supply to them too. At least i can proud and claim 'I put lights in your P1'.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
With Geely steering the company now they have to come out with new platform or adopt Geely platform and engine to comply with higher std of foreign market. Not to mention better engine. Local market alone just wont cut it to make healthy profit.

I work in local company which supply parts for major automotive brand. When i asked people from sales why we dont supply to P1 or P2 the answer i receive;
2.P1 and P2 volume is peanut compared to order from current make we supply. Having to cater for them could potentially yield unnecessary cost.

Nonetheless things are changing for P1 and hopefully we can supply to them too. At least i can proud and claim 'I put lights in your P1'.
Dominant?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Supply P1 need to know who is inside......lol

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
I can neither confirm or deny that.
was just seeing the MD post on his new venture of LED. so far i know the MD is having hard time penetrating to supply local and germans car lighting.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

LOL I liked your last one, "put lights to your P1". Geely have yet to show us their business direction to the locals, when P1 keeps boasting they want to make affordable cars with class leading standards, but came out with something like X70, which in my context, not entirely affordable, but does come with class leading features. Suppliers of parts play a very huge role, as that will determine the final perception of the quality, cut away useless cronies that supply 3rd class parts with 1st class prices, that would effectively increase the quality perception and also lowering down costs (if assuming cronies are charging skyhigh prices on their parts).

And also, they may need better designing concepts to their cars, to make it more appealing to all race, religions and species without sacrificing the identity. IMO, the X70 looks 100% like Geely Boyue and both models are super appealing to look at ! Hope they find some other platform to adopt to the future SAGA.

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just doing a research on these 2 manifolds and wondering which is better.
As far as i know mivec manifold is good but its very heavy (cast iron) and hot bits is proven. Your ideas on this guys??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience