Apr 20, 2017
Background information:
Total mileage travelled per month: 3000km
Fuel consumption: 8.1L / 100km 85% highway; 15% city
Average speed on highway: 80-100km/h
Average speed in city: 20-60km/h
Local car with monthly instalment of RM 460

Question:
Should I change my ride to a 2nd hand car with a more efficient petrol engine or a diesel engine?
or
Screw it, just stick to the current ride.

Appreciate all your sound advices.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What triggers you to have the thought in yr mind?

To me its simple...the best way to travel is by having my own car..meaning free of debt.

A diesel will give u better fc for sure but u must travel more to make use of it since u are paying more in term of road tax and some wear and tear item. Modern diesel pickup and SUV are running rims with min size of 16inch.

A manual diesel VGT/VNT is the best bet for great fc but you will pay more to keep it running like i mentioned earlier. No, its not because it kept on breaking down. A used model with VGT/VNT/VGS is between RM60k-RM70k. A used Triton VGT before they come out with the 2.4 aluminium engine is well within that range. The best fc comes from Isuzu Dmax but interior is just like Isuzu lorry range.

If u travel alone and u really want to save then u can ride but dont go beyond 250cc as it will become like running a car without roof. 150cc is good enough. Then again riding is not everyone cup of tea.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Background information:
Total mileage travelled per month: 3000km
Fuel consumption: 8.1L / 100km 85% highway; 15% city
Average speed on highway: 80-100km/h
Average speed in city: 20-60km/h
Local car with monthly instalment of RM 460

Question:
Should I change my ride to a 2nd hand car with a more efficient petrol engine or a diesel engine?
or
Screw it, just stick to the current ride.

Appreciate all your sound advices.
What car and model is this?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
fc kinda bad for current car, why not do a good service instead of selling it. what car are u using now

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
What triggers you to have the thought in yr mind?

To me its simple...the best way to travel is by having my own car..meaning free of debt.

A diesel will give u better fc for sure but u must travel more to make use of it since u are paying more in term of road tax and some wear and tear item. Modern diesel pickup and SUV are running rims with min size of 16inch.

A manual diesel VGT/VNT is the best bet for great fc but you will pay more to keep it running like i mentioned earlier. No, its not because it kept on breaking down. A used model with VGT/VNT/VGS is between RM60k-RM70k. A used Triton VGT before they come out with the 2.4 aluminium engine is well within that range. The best fc comes from Isuzu Dmax but interior is just like Isuzu lorry range.

If u travel alone and u really want to save then u can ride but dont go beyond 250cc as it will become like running a car without roof. 150cc is good enough. Then again riding is not everyone cup of tea.
I was looking at 2nd 320d or 520d which may be over-ambitious since their reliability are generally not too good. Then i was looking at 2nd hand kia sportage diesel or hyundai santa fe diesel. Riding is not an option even after countless times of negotiations with loved ones.

What car and model is this?
Proton Iriz 1.6 CVT

Any problem with current ride?
None as of now being a 3 years old ++ car. Problem will be this dilemma

fc kinda bad for current car, why not do a good service instead of selling it. what car are u using now
I know right and most of the time i travelling on highway at that speed range of 80 -100km/h

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I was looking at 2nd 320d or 520d which may be over-ambitious since their reliability are generally not too good. Then i was looking at 2nd hand kia sportage diesel or hyundai santa fe diesel. Riding is not an option even after countless times of negotiations with loved ones.

Proton Iriz 1.6 CVT

None as of now being a 3 years old ++ car. Problem will be this dilemma

I know right and most of the time i travelling on highway at that speed range of 80 -100km/h
320d have great fc as my company has one, very hard to empty the tank. Reliability is a question mark as few times already need to change this and that. For a car well below 100k km thats not good on the wallet. Even if under warranty, its a waste of time.

My bro is driving a 1.3 iriz cvt and fc is not bad actually. Easily get 14km/l. Whats the mileage of yr Iriz?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

Proton Iriz 1.6 CVT

Looks like you want to upgrade the car rather than FC :-)
Your fc doesn't looks like travel on 80-100 km/h on highway. If highway like LDP, MEX, KESAS, SPRINT during peak... that is city driving because driving less than 40 km/h and in low gear. hehehe...

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
320d have great fc as my company has one, very hard to empty the tank. Reliability is a question mark as few times already need to change this and that. For a car well below 100k km thats not good on the wallet. Even if under warranty, its a waste of time.

My bro is driving a 1.3 iriz cvt and fc is not bad actually. Easily get 14km/l. Whats the mileage of yr Iriz?
55K KM

Looks like you want to upgrade the car rather than FC :-)
Your fc doesn't looks like travel on 80-100 km/h on highway. If highway like LDP, MEX, KESAS, SPRINT during peak... that is city driving because driving less than 40 km/h and in low gear. hehehe...
Thats why i seek advice. On Federal at 6:35am (To work) and On Kesas at 5:30pm (Back home)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually reliability really depends on the condition you buy it. I know someone selling his 320D that I wanna go see but haven't had the time to see yet. If not mistaken he's selling around your price range. He just drives it and services it. It's never given the owner any problem, basically the key is servicing what needs to be serviced at the right intervals. I don't know about other diesels but I love BMW diesels!

Proton Iriz 1.6 CVT

Ah ok. Iriz. I've ridden and sat in one long distance. It's quite tiring to drive and I do not like the feel of the car. And highway speed 80-100 tipuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
All my cars above 10+ L/100km. When I see your 8.1, I think it's fuel sipping.

So what figures are you aiming for? Does this mean you are aiming for an older and lighter car? BMW by no means lighter.
Your cars all guzzlers mah......hhahahhahahha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience