Will Izso buy a good car???

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
:banana:
Yeah I also don't dare to buy bimmer yet even though I know they're nice to drive. In fact I don't dare to buy any German or other non Japanese cars yet. Probably coz I don't have enough knowledge on them too so still scared to own one. The only non Japanese cars that I had ever had any experience we're my dad's 1984 Peugeot 505 and 1983 Mercs 280E. The 505 was super comfy but shit on other aspects, and the 280E was nice and built like a tank but also quite complicated for its time. The rest are all Japanese.
For someone who's currently driving an EVO, i think that car is even harder to maintain then entry level bimmer. For this first time ever, i kasi you ... :banana:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
:banana:

For someone who's currently driving an EVO, i think that car is even harder to maintain then entry level bimmer. For this first time ever, i kasi you ... :banana:
No la, the Evo is still very much a traditional car, just with turbo and AYC but the rest not as many electronics and sensors. Engine is an old 4 cylinder which most people already pretty familiar with. I can even do a few simple maintenance on it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But he is much stronger than me now coz he has been going to gym for a year!
My son like to drive the slower hyundai, say my clutch is heavy, but actually it is not as I use normal exedy only. Probably he like the hyundai because more leg room, since he is tall.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
No la, the Evo is still very much a traditional car, just with turbo and AYC but the rest not as many electronics and sensors. Engine is an old 4 cylinder which most people already pretty familiar with. I can even do a few simple maintenance on it.
Are you sure ? As far as i know of, EVO engines are durable but its still royal pain in the butt to maintain it. Not to mention the AWD system, especially those with AYC, the pump can go out pretty easily. That's why i prefer to look for EVO VIII with no AYC, all mechanical LSD.

Site note, BMW's 4 cylinder also can be huge pain to maintain.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Are you sure ? As far as i know of, EVO engines are durable but its still royal pain in the butt to maintain it. Not to mention the AWD system, especially those with AYC, the pump can go out pretty easily. That's why i prefer to look for EVO VIII with no AYC, all mechanical LSD.

Site note, BMW's 4 cylinder also can be huge pain to maintain.

Thanks,
Ken
But AYC is a big factor that makes this car so special. I've never driven anything else that handles so sharp as the turn-in is so responsive and I'm still just driving nowhere near the limit yet. So for me I wouldn't get an Evo without the AYC.

One thing though, the oil change interval is shorter than normal cars coz should not go over 7500km.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
But AYC is a big factor that makes this car so special. I've never driven anything else that handles so sharp as the turn-in is so responsive and I'm still just driving nowhere near the limit yet. So for me I wouldn't get an Evo without the AYC.

One thing though, the oil change interval is shorter than normal cars coz should not go over 7500km.
Agreed to the benefits of AYC, I also had a chance to experience the AYC, however, what makes EVO so special was its used to be lightweight, agile handling, solid chassis and the 4G63T, the AYC came during EVO IV time kinda make the car isn't a daily driver and prone to become garage queen.

Some USDM guys actually got so frustrated with the AYC and ACD and got rid of it and went aftermarket mechanical LSD for long term reliability. And of course, the road racing scene in US isn't like Malaysia, most of them went with 1/4 miles, not much of canyon racing so sharp turn in to them isn't completely necessary.

Even in Aussie land, people would go with EVO without AYC cause repairs and labourship in Aussie is horrid, and they usually perform repairs on their own so they need their cars to be as simple as possible.

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed to the benefits of AYC, I also had a chance to experience the AYC, however, what makes EVO so special was its used to be lightweight, agile handling, solid chassis and the 4G63T, the AYC came during EVO IV time kinda make the car isn't a daily driver and prone to become garage queen.

Some USDM guys actually got so frustrated with the AYC and ACD and got rid of it and went aftermarket mechanical LSD for long term reliability. And of course, the road racing scene in US isn't like Malaysia, most of them went with 1/4 miles, not much of canyon racing so sharp turn in to them isn't completely necessary.

Even in Aussie land, people would go with EVO without AYC cause repairs and labourship in Aussie is horrid, and they usually perform repairs on their own so they need their cars to be as simple as possible.

Thanks,
Ken
That's the magic, CT9A is not exactly lightweight anymore (around 1.4 tons now) but yet it still handles so sharp. The front end just turns in so quickly and the rear follows pivoting into the turn, just fabulous. If don't want AYC then best is to get RS version or the GT (only available for Evo 9) but RS is too bare bone and Evo 9 GT is very rare.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That's the magic, CT9A is not exactly lightweight anymore (around 1.4 tons now) but yet it still handles so sharp. The front end just turns in so quickly and the rear follows pivoting into the turn, just fabulous. If don't want AYC then best is to get RS version or the GT (only available for Evo 9) but RS is too bare bone and Evo 9 GT is very rare.
RS is meant for race team's model and it's not livable, with No A/C unit, that's a big effing NO in Malaysia. I had seen GT version Evo IX in Malaysia once, but don't whether its genuine buy i guess no one would put a fake GT badge on it.

You really gotta try EVO X's S-AWC, EVO X has the craziest turning capability and it weights almost 1.6 tonne, they should have made the engine more powerful on stock form, 300ps isn't gonna cut it when the car is taller and heavier.

On test track, drivers had praised Evo X's turning limit and the responsive low end power. Sadly Evo X didn't get the reputation its deserved, its selling price is comparable to Evo 9 now.

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RS is meant for race team's model and it's not livable, with No A/C unit, that's a big effing NO in Malaysia. I had seen GT version Evo IX in Malaysia once, but don't whether its genuine buy i guess no one would put a fake GT badge on it.

You really gotta try EVO X's S-AWC, EVO X has the craziest turning capability and it weights almost 1.6 tonne, they should have made the engine more powerful on stock form, 300ps isn't gonna cut it when the car is taller and heavier.

On test track, drivers had praised Evo X's turning limit and the responsive low end power. Sadly Evo X didn't get the reputation its deserved, its selling price is comparable to Evo 9 now.

Thanks,
Ken
CP9A and CT9A are sharper than Evo X I think. My 9 also has good low end response, almost no lag now and quite linear. Evo X was intended as a more mature machine but that's where it doesn't really succeed and that's why price not as strong.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My son like to drive the slower hyundai, say my clutch is heavy, but actually it is not as I use normal exedy only. Probably he like the hyundai because more leg room, since he is tall.....

my wife also complains my forester clutch being heavy....while in fact its just stock standard oem exedy clutch....

i knew myvi clutch are featherweight... even more surprised that big ass hilux also have featherweight clutch paddle feel...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My son when he pressed the Evo clutch he said ok not too heavy coz his legs now very strong after going to gym. His legs can push weight more than double what I can! But I won't let him drive the Evo yet until he is very good. I want to get him to try automatic now using the Mark X.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[FONT=&quot]

It’s quite an occasion when something that emits pure motoring hits the decade mark, and that’s precisely the case as Ariel’s bare-to-the-bones sports car, the Atom, turns 10. To mark kick start the party, Ariel joined forces with Mugen’s European office to churn out a special edition (read: limited) model of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience