Engine mounts and brackets

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
So out of nowhere I happen to find out that my civic engine mount bracket (the one of the right side when we look at the engine) happen to break.. something that’s usually the opposite where the mounts break and the brackets stay solid.. what’s bothering me the most is the fact that I still fear of driving it and I only get to start the car everyday (typical me).. still not too sure how to solve this problem liao since I’ve been advised to change the mounts as well (which look good to me cause the rubber also no sign of crack).. and I need to find the route cost to this issue.. plus is it possible to diy this because paying 700 for a 300 job is kind of :confused::confused:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So out of nowhere I happen to find out that my civic engine mount bracket (the one of the right side when we look at the engine) happen to break.. something that’s usually the opposite where the mounts break and the brackets stay solid.. what’s bothering me the most is the fact that I still fear of driving it and I only get to start the car everyday (typical me).. still not too sure how to solve this problem liao since I’ve been advised to change the mounts as well (which look good to me cause the rubber also no sign of crack).. and I need to find the route cost to this issue.. plus is it possible to diy this because paying 700 for a 300 job is kind of :confused::confused:
Confirmed the bracket on your car body break?

One way to break it is by giving it too much power to handle.

If u happen to have a welding equipment lying around + u know how to weld then u just need 1welding rod to solve it and it will last a lifetime.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then better check what cause it to break first, if not change, will break again. Unless the welding was faulty in the first place...

Reactions: Ranjanmax

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Confirmed the bracket on your car body break?

One way to break it is by giving it too much power to handle.

If u happen to have a welding equipment lying around + u know how to weld then u just need 1welding rod to solve it and it will last a lifetime.
So one way is to weld it back? Noted.. need to find a shop that’ll do welding liao.. and yes as confirmed it is the bracket because the mounting screws (Picture attached) is literally scrapping almost the hell out of my block.. mounts seem fine to me

Attachments

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Then better check what cause it to break first, if not change, will break again. Unless the welding was faulty in the first place...
Would it be advisable if I were to change that one mount only? Or would i have to change all the mounts.. plus why do I need the valve cover to be removed to replace the bracket/mounts? Makes no sense to me :confused::confused:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
you might try break loose all the mounting and see it can fit back nicely without so much force. To confirm alignment tak lari.
just my 2 cent lah.

Reactions: Ranjanmax

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Would it be advisable if I were to change that one mount only? Or would i have to change all the mounts.. plus why do I need the valve cover to be removed to replace the bracket/mounts? Makes no sense to me :confused::confused:
If u know all the other mount is new then there is ho harm replacing the only one mount.

However, your pic showed the engine i
has moved quite a bit. I am guessing +- 2inches and thats a lot. Other mounting might be stressed to the point they are damaged too.

If u want to see a horror movie;
1.pop open the hood.
2.ask a friend to start the engine and give a little rev.
3.watch your engine moves in horror

Want so see even more horror movie;
1.with the engine running and handbrake on shift into 1st or reverse.
2.lift the clutch slowly until the car start to move then press the clutch again. no need for the car to be moving.
3.watch how much your engine dances with one broken mounting.

Best practice when replacing mounts, joints, suspension arms is to replace it in pairs or set.

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
If u know all the other mount is new then there is ho harm replacing the only one mount.

However, your pic showed the engine i
has moved quite a bit. I am guessing +- 2inches and thats a lot. Other mounting might be stressed to the point they are damaged too.

If u want to see a horror movie;
1.pop open the hood.
2.ask a friend to start the engine and give a little rev.
3.watch your engine moves in horror

Want so see even more horror movie;
1.with the engine running and handbrake on shift into 1st or reverse.
2.lift the clutch slowly until the car start to move then press the clutch again. no need for the car to be moving.
3.watch how much your engine dances with one broken mounting.

Best practice when replacing mounts, joints, suspension arms is to replace it in pairs or set.
Owhh no worries about that I have a satria that does the conga everytime

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
you might try break loose all the mounting and see it can fit back nicely without so much force. To confirm alignment tak lari.
just my 2 cent lah.
Noted boss. Will experiment that out as well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought a used car...how to change to a new number? i dont want the existing number to the car...anyone know/got any lubang to change to new number????

willing to invest on a new bike, but i dont want the bike, just to get the number...please pm/reply back

019-324 9797
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience