Jan 26, 2005
Subang
Visit site
emo said:
Dudes ,
i'm new here and i need some advice..

(1)putra and gti are using 1.8 engines,but are they the same
specs? or gti more powerful?.

(2)in terms of performance(stock egine) which is the best?
their bhp? max speed? power-weight ratio?

(3)im planning to buy a second-hand either gti or putra..
a year 2000 gti price range around 45000-49000 while a
1999/2000 putra would only set me around 40000-45000..
which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~
u can click on the search button on top of the screen.. i think last time some one ask before this question aready.. they have alot of coment's there...

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
ben_gsr2s said:
hi..

found that kind of ad. in motortrader... don remember when...
i don think its the new one... mayb they wan to clear old stock... summore i heard of new interior lining n trimming... is it? anybody can update this?

MOMO is missing???
then they replace wif what?

how about the other spec..? still 14" rim?
MOMO replaced with ugly wira steering. 14" alloy rim. Yup, definately old stock.

But anyway, a Putra is a car you buy to mod, esp bodykits, rims, decals, ICE, spoilers etc. Power-wise, the venerable MMC 1.8 DOHC is good enough. Be proud since most people overseas are stuck with 1.5 SOHC Mirage Asti's.

emo

Jul 17, 2005
subang jaya
engine ecu

hmm...

another thing, is putra same like the gti? which is said to be using siemens ecu on production of after 2000?

i hearing rumours and replies dat those engines using the siemens ecu dun perform well..is it true? does it makes a big different in the engine and its performance?

and personally speaking i'm really in for a putra.. :P
but still considering it..eheh...

any advice and tips on how to find a nice & almost perfect putra? what should i take notice when inspecting & testing the car?

i,ve found 1 and had called the owner to see the car personally.. a grey(original paint)putra year 2000..price was set at rm45500..mileage 100100..15'' rims..normal bodykit..& blaupunkt sound system..(cdplayer headunit not included)

does the price worth it? im aware of that a year 1999/2000 GTI is almost the same price range..

Putra3

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
Subang
Visit site
emo said:
hmm...

another thing, is putra same like the gti? which is said to be using siemens ecu on production of after 2000?

i hearing rumours and replies dat those engines using the siemens ecu dun perform well..is it true? does it makes a big different in the engine and its performance?

any advice and tips on how to find a nice & almost perfect putra? what should i take notice when inspecting & testing the car?

i,ve found 1 and had called the owner to see the car personally.. a grey(original paint)putra year 2000..price was set at rm45500..mileage 100100..15'' rims..normal bodykit..& blaupunkt sound system..(cdplayer headunit not included)

does the price worth it? im aware of that a year 1999/2000 GTI is almost the same price range..
u can also post this in prince alliance forum. they have alot of poeple with ideas there..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
adrianlek said:
putra is lighter than GTi ler
just because GTi looks smaller doesn't mean it's lighter :D
sori, my bad for quoting wrongly... yeah SGTI is heavier..must be becoz of the bodywork garnish and extrta sound deadening material.

hence the reason R3 being produced albeit in limited numbers...

thanx for correcting me.. :D

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
emo said:
hmm...

ALL Putras comes with MMC ECU and the one at Selayang PE also MMC ECU minus the Momo steering and gear knob same like the year 2000 batch

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
prozac said:
MOMO replaced with ugly wira steering. 14" alloy rim. Yup, definately old stock.

But anyway, a Putra is a car you buy to mod, esp bodykits, rims, decals, ICE, spoilers etc. Power-wise, the venerable MMC 1.8 DOHC is good enough. Be proud since most people overseas are stuck with 1.5 SOHC Mirage Asti's.
hi..

what..?
they try to sell down grade putra..?
c'mon... get real...

wif the price tag... they shouldn't do dat...
MOMO is ok... in fact my MOMO still serve me well...
still 14" rim...? y don they put 16"... like WISE..?

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
Satrias r humble hot hatches, putra is coupe, both r different segments. I personally think coupe looks better with those longer wheel base, but proton puts more efforts in making satria, so they have got lotus r3, clubsports, whereas putra only comes in normal spec. Need modifications to make good looking putra. I would get putra coz more rare compare to satria, but i dun know is the parts for putra getting harder to get? Or they share same engine parts with wira/satria?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Putra sold less, therefore used units sure rare. Last time saw a metallic yellow unit, really nice... :driver:

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Satrias r humble hot hatches, putra is coupe, both r different segments. I personally think coupe looks better with those longer wheel base, but proton puts more efforts in making satria, so they have got lotus r3, clubsports, whereas putra only comes in normal spec. Need modifications to make good looking putra. I would get putra coz more rare compare to satria, but i dun know is the parts for putra getting harder to get? Or they share same engine parts with wira/satria?
not sure what parts you're looking for. The common parts still available. A lot from the 4G93 MMC models too.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Same engine parts with Satria GTi and Wira 1.8 EXi. Putra only had a few exclusive parts for its body, other than that, most are interchangeable between Wira and Satria.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all
not long ago there is a new trend that ppl make their car higher..
some is just make the butt of the car higher (very high, for a sedan)
some is make the whole car higher (like wan to go offroad)

to my supprise.. this trend seems like reaches my hometown also
yesterday go out saw so many high car

mostly r wira,
some r kancil also (with extra large wheel)

i just wan to ask all
how to raise the height of the car?
without changing absorber+spring

is there any spacer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience