Proton on the right track

Jul 4, 2019
Looks like things will only get better for proton. Fingers crossed they will revive the legendary Satria GTi in the near future!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Are they on the right track?
Looks like it. Its like a newly open restaurant where everyone in the office takes turn to have lunch there. To maintain they need to act quick and push out new model at very competitive pricing as they are not new in the market. Pricing needs to be competitive at least in local market.

If we want to talk about survival, profit, and the lot...Geely will do that with Proton.

There will be one thing that i am almost sure we will lost... a decent handling car at cheap price that have aircond system fit to cool the artic circle. I just hope Geely take advantage of this and inject these DNA into whatever Geely they want to rebadge as Proton.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Are they on the right track?
Looks like it. Its like a newly open restaurant where everyone in the office takes turn to have lunch there. To maintain they need to act quick and push out new model at very competitive pricing as they are not new in the market. Pricing needs to be competitive at least in local market.

If we want to talk about survival, profit, and the lot...Geely will do that with Proton.

There will be one thing that i am almost sure we will lost... a decent handling car at cheap price that have aircond system fit to cool the artic circle. I just hope Geely take advantage of this and inject these DNA into whatever Geely they want to rebadge as Proton.
from what i heard, the handling department will be dealt with by proton so... maybe they can do a good job?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My personal opinion on how Proton turn around:

1. Put someone who qualifies by MERIT to RUN the company. Not based on SKIN COLOR.
2. Rationalize the supply chain and cut crony suppliers. Share parts with Geely group e.g. switches, solenoids etc like VAG so it lowers the cost — economies of scale

They clearly did 1, now onto 2. Should get Geely to manufacture some parts in Malaysia for the entire group.

And it’s the same shit for all government/national owned businesses. Like MAS. Aviation is a growing industry, MAS used to be profitable 20 years back. You put a retard in charge, of course you lose money.

Reactions: jerrysiow and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

1. Put someone who qualifies by MERIT to RUN the company. Not based on SKIN COLOR.
2. Rationalize the supply chain and cut crony suppliers. Share parts with Geely group e.g. switches, solenoids etc like VAG so it lowers the cost — economies of scale

They clearly did 1, now onto 2. Should get Geely to manufacture some parts in Malaysia for the entire group.

And it’s the same shit for all government/national owned businesses. Like MAS. Aviation is a growing industry, MAS used to be profitable 20 years back. You put a retard in charge, of course you lose money.
Totally agree on No 2.

Now, the company i work with supply lighting material for high end european models apart from other automakers. Volvo is in the list. Now that Geely own both Proton and Volvo....who knows..boost for local economy.

BTW, we are local company so i believe we will even more than happy to supply for 'Malaysian' car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Totally agree on No 2.

Now, the company i work with supply lighting material for high end european models apart from other automakers. Volvo is in the list. Now that Geely own both Proton and Volvo....who knows..boost for local economy.

BTW, we are local company so i believe we will even more than happy to supply for 'Malaysian' car.
Sadly you don't get the Proton contract because of who you DON'T KNOW. But yes, if they use the same part from you for Proton and some Geely, then they order MORE from your company, and naturally its CHEAPER.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I think Dr Li is chinese bro

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ferrari has unveiled their new racer for 2011 - the 458 Challenge. Based on the, you guessed it, 458 Italia, the new Challenge features an updated dual-clutch F1 gearbox, an 'E-Diff' electronic differential, and an 'F1-Trac' traction control system with wet or dry weather settings. Other upgrades for the Challenge include a race suspension that come with solid aluminum bushings, stiffer springs, and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience