Dyno result sr20ve, 2.0L na

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Haha the sound is driving me crazy.. imagine the daily traffic and the frequent squeaks in need to hear... Nyekkk nyekk nyekkk nyekkk~ omg going crazy. I have to fix the sound before i go crazy lol.
Experienced it on the Pajero. Greasing the rod only help a tiny bit. In my case, the internal seal moving in the cylinder is producing that annoying sound like VR2 mentioned. U can try different brand of fluid.

Ended up just ignoring it. Its a 4x4 so additional mechanical sound comes as standard. If no sound then something is wrong...hahahah.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Experienced it on the Pajero. Greasing the rod only help a tiny bit. In my case, the internal seal moving in the cylinder is producing that annoying sound like VR2 mentioned. U can try different brand of fluid.

Ended up just ignoring it. Its a 4x4 so additional mechanical sound comes as standard. If no sound then something is wrong...hahahah.
If internal, only other thing is remove, take apart and try grease with rubber grease.....lol

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Yup I'm a penang lang, so to speak.

Btw my car current has a squeaky clutch pedal. Applying white lithium grease at the push rod at the clutch pedal only helps a tiny bit. Any reliable mechanic to recommend in Penang?
WD40 it. It helps
But spray it at the right angle, precise place.

I did mine last time. on my 20DET
Yours is 20ve 20v right, so its 6 speed 9 inch bell housing clutch pump type.
what chassis are you in. N16? B14? B13?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
WD40 it. It helps
But spray it at the right angle, precise place.

I did mine last time. on my 20DET
Yours is 20ve 20v right, so its 6 speed 9 inch bell housing clutch pump type.
what chassis are you in. N16? B14? B13?
Yup thats right. A 20ve 20v with 6 speed manual in a b13 chassis.

I already tried spraying wd40, white lithium grease and also some thick castrol grease. Non of it works, the best being the white lithium grease. But it only works for 1-2 days. I went to a workshop, and he told me the clutch pedal bushings need to be changed. Might need to custom make he said, since he not sure my car still got sell the bushings or not. Rm1xx.. normal price?

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
hmmmm
what happened to me was, initially i hantam spray saja at the pedal assembly at firewall, but the squeaking nyek nyek sound still exist.

what i did was go inside and put my head inside the driver foot area, manage to detect precisely where the squeaking sound coming from
(with the help of flashlight offcourse) took the WD40 and spray directly at the culprit.

I did this method to my 3 previous ride.
N16 with 20DET cable clutch GB.
B13 20ve with cable clutch GB
N16 20DET with clutch pump GB (not the same car as above)

all 3 of them were succesful. All 3 hantam spray WD40 1st, failed...and resort to the method as explained above.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
hmmmm
what happened to me was, initially i hantam spray saja at the pedal assembly at firewall, but the squeaking nyek nyek sound still exist.

what i did was go inside and put my head inside the driver foot area, manage to detect precisely where the squeaking sound coming from
(with the help of flashlight offcourse) took the WD40 and spray directly at the culprit.

I did this method to my 3 previous ride.
N16 with 20DET cable clutch GB.
B13 20ve with cable clutch GB
N16 20DET with clutch pump GB (not the same car as above)

all 3 of them were succesful. All 3 hantam spray WD40 1st, failed...and resort to the method as explained above.
Yes, my head went under a few times already and i sprayed at the source of the sound. Anyway the mechanic had a point. He told me confirm is the bushing, because my squeaking sound is there as soon as i apply pressure on the pedal, before the clutch bite..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VW Golf R finally arrives! Passat CC R-line also revealed!

We waited, and waited, and the wait is now finally over. It is official - the Golf R has finally landed on our shores! Just to quickly go through the stats once more: 2.0L turbo mated to a 6-speed DSG box, 255PS and 330Nm, 4MOTION all-wheel drive system, Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience