Dyno result sr20ve, 2.0L na

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
actually there's damn a lot of things you can do to improve fc.

1. Reduce overall engine load like what Gunnerz suggested. Aircon compressor kick. Check that your grounding is all good. etc.
2. Lighten your car interior, remove heavy-ass subwoofers and spare tyres (replace with patch kit) and skip all the downforce mods.
3. Fuel filter, ignition, fueling, air-intake - all these need to be in optimum condition.
4. Spark - some say that bigger spark will help. I personally don't really know. Kits like those that increase spark help make things run smoother. Back then with my wira I tested and share in ZTH this spark plug cable that increased the spark and that seemed to work wonders with my power which indirectly helped my FC.
5. Put a brick behind the accel pedal. Driving smoothly and non aggressively improves FC and keep revs below 3k rpm. You want FC you gotta live with the boring.
Use lightweight rims.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Your blm is quite good. I always heard of horror stories regarding the blm auto
I've edited my post as there is typo there which might confused u.

My BLM is auto and it can go above 300km with RM50. Anything below 280km indicate something wrong if i drive as usual. So far i have never been able to reach 14km/l on it. Considering its a basic plain engine, thats a not to bad figure. My waja with single VVT is 14km/l anyday.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I've edited my post as there is typo there which might confused u.

My BLM is auto and it can go above 300km with RM50. Anything below 280km indicate something wrong if i drive as usual. So far i have never been able to reach 14km/l on it. Considering its a basic plain engine, thats a not to bad figure. My waja with single VVT is 14km/l anyday.
My friend had a blm before. Can hardly achieve your fc in penang traffic. His fc only average around 11km/L when new! And my another friend said his waja auto currently is at 8km/L.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
actually there's damn a lot of things you can do to improve fc.

1. Reduce overall engine load like what Gunnerz suggested. Aircon compressor kick. Check that your grounding is all good. etc.
2. Lighten your car interior, remove heavy-ass subwoofers and spare tyres (replace with patch kit) and skip all the downforce mods.
I carry my tool box, parts, bulbs, extra water bottle, etc, etc in my boot........lol

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
ehh u from penang ?
Yup I'm a penang lang, so to speak.

Btw my car current has a squeaky clutch pedal. Applying white lithium grease at the push rod at the clutch pedal only helps a tiny bit. Any reliable mechanic to recommend in Penang?

Last edited:

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I carry my tool box, parts, bulbs, extra water bottle, etc, etc in my boot........lol
Same, I carry all my tools too. A full toolbox with allen key set, screw drivers, bots and nuts, electrical tester, tapes, wrenches etc. I also carry a full set of spanners, complete tools to change tires, big scissor jack, air pump, spark plug remover tool, spark plug puller, tire gauge etc. lol

Reactions: vr2turbo

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Same, I carry all my tools too. A full toolbox with allen key set, screw drivers, bots and nuts, electrical tester, tapes, wrenches etc. I also carry a full set of spanners, complete tools to change tires, big scissor jack, air pump, spark plug remover tool, spark plug puller, tire gauge etc. lol
So I am not alone......hahhahaha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Btw my car current has a squeaky clutch pedal. Applying white lithium grease at the push rod at the clutch pedal only helps a tiny bit. Any reliable mechanic to recommend in Penang?
Sometimes can be the spring, and worse case the internal part, meaning the rubber seal rubbing against the sidewall. The squeak sounds when press or release or both action?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Sometimes can be the spring, and worse case the internal part, meaning the rubber seal rubbing against the sidewall. The squeak sounds when press or release or both action?
Exactly same with honda s200 clutch sound if u see at youtube. Both press and release got sound. Both clutch pump already changed new also have sound

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Squeaky is ok as long can shift gears.
Last time mine intermittent stuck and wont bite. Then suddenly bite. Check found out bearing kaput.
So i now on oem clutch, "daily" drive in penang is not for puck puck clutch. Hahaha....
Yup I'm penang lang too. Hi...

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Squeaky is ok as long can shift gears.
Last time mine intermittent stuck and wont bite. Then suddenly bite. Check found out bearing kaput.
So i now on oem clutch, "daily" drive in penang is not for puck puck clutch. Hahaha....
Yup I'm penang lang too. Hi...
Haha the sound is driving me crazy.. imagine the daily traffic and the frequent squeaks in need to hear... Nyekkk nyekk nyekkk nyekkk~ omg going crazy. I have to fix the sound before i go crazy lol.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thats not called 'carry my tools around' but 'carry my workshop around'.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I am having this problem for quite some time. My car tend to go left even in an even road. Steering also can feel lighter when turning to left than turning to right. I have gone to a lot of tyre shop to do alignment and balancing but didn't solve the problem. I need an opinion of what could be the cause of this, can anyone help me please..:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience