Dyno result sr20ve, 2.0L na

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
same principal , different terms ?
VVT-i Variable Valve Timing with intelligence. VVTL-i Variable Valve Timing and intelligence with LIFT.
Of course, is like vtec, mivec and so on......BMW is Vanos.......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I tried two dyno, both dynoject.
One from Mpower, got 160 whp with worn engine after tuned.
After overhaul, when to D4 racing, first run without tuning I got 165 whp. Which means i gain 5 hp after overhauling my engine, which is logical. Finally after tune on the second dyno, the results are 180 whp.
Also a myvi 1.5L got 80 whp, factory rating 102 hp at the D4 racing dynojet.
So i think dynojet is quite accurate at the least.
I think since your engine has cam profiling the dip is normal. That kinda power on a stock NA engine is pretty healthy. Looks like you did a good job overhauling. Whats next on the engine list?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I think since your engine has cam profiling the dip is normal. That kinda power on a stock NA engine is pretty healthy. Looks like you did a good job overhauling. Whats next on the engine list?
I'm going to try improve my fc. Currently only at 7.5-8.5km/L. Change spark plug, spark plug cable, clean air filter and tuning already. I guess the next obvious thing is changing the oxygen sensor. So i bought one from china since i could not find compatible oxygen sensor at the spare part shop, and just fixed it yesterday. Will pump a full tank and monitor from today. Btw the sensor only costs me rm35 lol.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I'm going to try improve my fc. Currently only at 7.5-8.5km/L. Change spark plug, spark plug cable, clean air filter and tuning already. I guess the next obvious thing is changing the oxygen sensor. So i bought one from china since i could not find compatible oxygen sensor at the spare part shop, and just fixed it yesterday. Will pump a full tank and monitor from today. Btw the sensor only costs me rm35 lol.
Dont forget to change the fuel filter too.

On oxygen sensor, its almost universal.
Older model have 2 wire for reading only. Newer model have 4 wire for heater as O2 sensor needs to be so hot before it can provide the most accurate reading.

Another way to improve fc and at the same time improve aircond cooling is to wrap the cold aircond pipping in the engine bay. Some here did that including me. Superlon is cheap. Your aircons will gets cool quicker, your compressor runs at shorter time which help reduce fc.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Dont forget to change the fuel filter too.

On oxygen sensor, its almost universal.
Older model have 2 wire for reading only. Newer model have 4 wire for heater as O2 sensor needs to be so hot before it can provide the most accurate reading.

Another way to improve fc and at the same time improve aircond cooling is to wrap the cold aircond pipping in the engine bay. Some here did that including me. Superlon is cheap. Your aircons will gets cool quicker, your compressor runs at shorter time which help reduce fc.
Mine is a 3 wire type. Where to buy the superlon? Maybe i will try it. How much improvement did u get?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Mine is a 3 wire type. Where to buy the superlon? Maybe i will try it. How much improvement did u get?
u can try ask hardware shop. most shop carry the round type for home aircond usage. i buy the sheet type as i used it for other purpose too.

I can confirmed the compressor runs at shorter period and the aircond cools quicker.

How much improvement?
Its been a while (years maybe) since i calculate my fc as now i mostly ride and does not fill up full tank anymore when driving. I just used benchmark of RM50 should get me above 300km. If not then something is wrong or i drive like a lunatic. Car is BLM auto.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
O2 sensor shouldn't be too much trouble if it's new. MAF/MAP sensor and fuel filter might be worthwhile changing to new as well. The SR20 uses COP I guess? Then better COPs?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
actually there's damn a lot of things you can do to improve fc.

1. Reduce overall engine load like what Gunnerz suggested. Aircon compressor kick. Check that your grounding is all good. etc.
2. Lighten your car interior, remove heavy-ass subwoofers and spare tyres (replace with patch kit) and skip all the downforce mods.
3. Fuel filter, ignition, fueling, air-intake - all these need to be in optimum condition.
4. Spark - some say that bigger spark will help. I personally don't really know. Kits like those that increase spark help make things run smoother. Back then with my wira I tested and share in ZTH this spark plug cable that increased the spark and that seemed to work wonders with my power which indirectly helped my FC.
5. Put a brick behind the accel pedal. Driving smoothly and non aggressively improves FC and keep revs below 3k rpm. You want FC you gotta live with the boring.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
O2 sensor shouldn't be too much trouble if it's new. MAF/MAP sensor and fuel filter might be worthwhile changing to new as well. The SR20 uses COP I guess? Then better COPs?
Will changing thr maf sensor really help? What is a COP?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
u can try ask hardware shop. most shop carry the round type for home aircond usage. i buy the sheet type as i used it for other purpose too.

I can confirmed the compressor runs at shorter period and the aircond cools quicker.

How much improvement?
Its been a while (years maybe) since i calculate my fc as now i mostly ride and does not fill up full tank anymore when driving. I just used mt benchmark of RM50 should get me above 300km. If not then something is wrong or i drive like a lunatic. Car is BLM auto.
Your blm is quite good. I always heard of horror stories regarding the blm auto

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TC Euro Cars, the sole distributor of Renault Cars in Malaysia launches the Special Edition of the best-selling Megane RS 250 Cup at the newly opened Renault Flagship showroom in Section 13, Petaling Jaya. Williams F1 Drivers Bruno Senna and Valtteri Bottas were on hand to unveil the new car.

<!--more-->The Special Edition was conceived for Megane RS customers looking for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience