Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
honestly i am not very sure at this point if it is wise to still keep repairing my neo or just get a "new" car. since i have not decided yet what i should do, that is why i keep repairing it..almost every week in workshop now

currently also checking around cars like EG with b18cr swap. average price around 40k now. not sure is a good idea to get one

btw, just wanted to ask all sifu here, do K20ar really fit into EG engine bay? cause i see some video showing that the frame need to be cut to fit the engine in, so are are all those k20a swap EG selling in mudah.my also has been cut on the frame? isn't that dangerous? just wondering..
fitment wise, it will go in fine. the h22 my friend had in his was a tighter squeeze than the k20. far as i know, there was no cutting required BUT he did rojak alot of parts from different hondas throughout his ownership. There are proper aftermarket mounts and all.

Yes, especially if can only get 3rd party insurance for it.
friends k20eg is on 1st party.... but value isnt high and it was kinda costly.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
friends k20eg is on 1st party.... but value isnt high and it was kinda costly.
Usually for old car still on 1st. party insurance minimum is RM10k insured value, but I think some insurance company can negotiate lower......

iameternal

Known Member
May 16, 2019
fitment wise, it will go in fine. the h22 my friend had in his was a tighter squeeze than the k20. far as i know, there was no cutting required BUT he did rojak alot of parts from different hondas throughout his ownership. There are proper aftermarket mounts and all.

K20a engine mounting is different from original EG B series mounting? is still endorsed by JPJ?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
K20a engine mounting is different from original EG B series mounting? is still endorsed by JPJ?
mounting itself is definitely different, whole engine has been shifted to the other side of the bay. apparently can endorse (heck insurance knows about it). I have wondered the same thing. why are their aftermarket engine mounts allowed.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
mounting itself is definitely different, whole engine has been shifted to the other side of the bay. apparently can endorse (heck insurance knows about it). I have wondered the same thing. why are their aftermarket engine mounts allowed.
Yalor, was told last time, engine mounting cannot convert, must be original place.......lol

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
EG6 was also in one of my car list :)

anyway, how is the maintenance? should be relatively ok for a honda right?
From what my ownership so far, everything is good. Servicing is about 200 cause I use 15w40 cause from what I heard too thin oil like 5w40 for vtec engine won’t last long.. petrol wise I find it good, quite okay la for a 1.6l engine

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
From what my ownership so far, everything is good. Servicing is about 200 cause I use 15w40 cause from what I heard too thin oil like 5w40 for vtec engine won’t last long.. petrol wise I find it good, quite okay la for a 1.6l engine
But but but 15W40 supposed to be cheaper...why RM200...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience