Suitable absorber for wira 1.5

kaihoong

Known Member

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
You did your exhaust mod but is your engine actually healthy? That is one important factor. Does it consume engine oil or anything?

My interior is strictly all stock except the audio player. I don't want to do anything there, just keeping it as it is.
Engine is healty, no makan minyak. Still can go 17xkmh but take a long distance.
What your temperature bar point after driving certain time. Mine one always near to half, I using double layer radiator

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Engine is healty, no makan minyak. Still can go 17xkmh but take a long distance.
What your temperature bar point after driving certain time. Mine one always near to half, I using double layer radiator
Then that is good. Maybe you can try to adjust your ignition timing via distributor. Your VDO will need something like a device to set it I think unlike mine which is mechanically based. My temperature is also near to half, like maybe 40-45% all the time even when I'm driving fast at high rpm. Using stock half size radiator.

kaihoong

Known Member

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
Then that is good. Maybe you can try to adjust your ignition timing via distributor. Your VDO will need something like a device to set it I think unlike mine which is mechanically based. My temperature is also near to half, like maybe 40-45% all the time even when I'm driving fast at high rpm. Using stock half size radiator.
That mean 40%-45% is normal.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
typically drive fast ok... its jams when theres little air movement where you will see the temps climb

May 15, 2006
just now I saw have people sell redsuns adjustable high low bodyshift front 6k rear 4k(used condition)...is better go for adjustable?

let say use sport absorber + sport absorber, will feel very bumpy or not
Don't buy redsuns adjustable. After using not more than 2 years, I had to service it 2 times. Even after servicing the absorber, the ride is still very very bumpy and uncomfortable. At last, I replaced them with a better one. Also please take note, you are unable to adjust the stiffness/softness of the absorber on redsuns. You can only adjust the height and had to depend on the spring tension for the comfort of your ride.

May 15, 2006
Now my budget is allow me to use second hand adjustable. Below is my finding at marketplace.
Brand: Redsuns
Spec: front 6k rear 4k spring rate, High Low Bodyshift
Is It suitable for wira, how about the riding review.
Better you keep your money first until such time you can buy a better adjustable. Be patients and keep your money until you can purchase a Tein if you ever want to have a comfortable and value for money (secondhand value + no need to worry about servicing) adjustable.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Maybe your fan motor or radiator were not functioning well. Usually temperature will be stable.
Mine one always maintain here
Yes. Should not be above 50%
For mine it doesn't even climb at all even during traffic jam.
no not saying it will climb (honestly doesnt matter if it climbs abit), but if u have more accurate gauges and try monitor the oil temps, assuming the car is all warmed up and has soaked up heat, you will definitely notice the oil gets abit hotter when idling away in a jam compared to cruising away...
my case the on dash gauge too just goes to a certain point and sits there forever... but the oil temp gauges can show quite a dif.

tldr: unless ur absolutely pushing your car to the limits, cruising temps are typically cooler than idling in jams

kaihoong

Known Member

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
Don't buy redsuns adjustable. After using not more than 2 years, I had to service it 2 times. Even after servicing the absorber, the ride is still very very bumpy and uncomfortable. At last, I replaced them with a better one. Also please take note, you are unable to adjust the stiffness/softness of the absorber on redsuns. You can only adjust the height and had to depend on the spring tension for the comfort of your ride.
Thanks for your info. Now I want to go for a new absorber with sport spring 1st, because mine one only 1.5, not a fast car, standard is enough...hahah

kaihoong

Known Member

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
no not saying it will climb (honestly doesnt matter if it climbs abit), but if u have more accurate gauges and try monitor the oil temps, assuming the car is all warmed up and has soaked up heat, you will definitely notice the oil gets abit hotter when idling away in a jam compared to cruising away...
my case the on dash gauge too just goes to a certain point and sits there forever... but the oil temp gauges can show quite a dif.

tldr: unless ur absolutely pushing your car to the limits, cruising temps are typically cooler than idling in jams
Sometime motor fan is weak will cause temperature high when idling or running slow, this is caused by fan no enough power to speed up like normal when drive slow. Meanwhile, ride high speed at highway will maintaince the fan motor functioning

May 15, 2006
Thanks for your info. Now I want to go for a new absorber with sport spring 1st, because mine one only 1.5, not a fast car, standard is enough...hahah
Better that way. Don't waste money buying something you regret like how I regret using Cap Ayam things.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
what you want from ur wira ride (fast, main corner, long distance travel...etc, many factors, many butts feels) ? think for urself and decide to go for shock+spring or adjustable or fully stock.
i let go comfort since start with coilovers.

kaihoong

Known Member

kaihoong

Known Member
Jun 1, 2019
Penang
what you want from ur wira ride (fast, main corner, long distance travel...etc, many factors, many butts feels) ? think for urself and decide to go for shock+spring or adjustable or fully stock.
i let go comfort since start with coilovers.
For highway stable..Its ok need sifu Arlim advice, this is most direct answer

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1. How does this ATF cooler work ? isit same concept with normal oil cooler?

2. Can we use normal oil cooler to be use as ATF cooler ?

3. does this ATF cooler really usefull in M'sia environment and weather? if yes, in what sense ?

4. Where to get ATF cooler in KL/sunway/puchong?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience