Cheap tyre

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Goodyear Duraplus in the rear and the Viking Citytech in front?
Duraplus is in front and the City tech is in rear.

Looks like 4 yo tires?

I will change them, esp those viking is like a slick tire in the rain when it harden.
The viking on my blm got plenty of thread left but already 4yo...damn noisy and bad in the rain..easily skate on the surface.
So far for my tyres, only the good year had shown to lose grip during rain while for viking, haven't experience such a thing before.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
How the F you guys keep your tyre life so long ? The longest i can maintain one set of tyres are 2 years !

Thanks,
Ken
Because our normal car which is hardly driven or only used for short distance commute is using cheap2 tire which had treadwear rating of above 320?

Our other car is different.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How the F you guys keep your tyre life so long ? The longest i can maintain one set of tyres are 2 years !

Thanks,
Ken
I don't drive alot like maybe less than 10k a year. That is probably why my tyres last so long.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

Thanks,
Ken
daily working car less than 5000km per year.
car discuss here is weekend car that keep in the basement... maybe 500km per year. Not yet do rotation already harden. hehehe...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
First impressions of Kumho PS31
Noisy

Maybe haven’t scrub in yet?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Is it the S1 Noble 2, so far pretty good feedback.....
yesterday just come back from raya holiday, had chance to really experience s1n2 tyre around 1500km from jb to perak. so far im really satisfied with that tyre, i felt my car is way more comfortable than before. plus my car is rear wheel drive, taking corners is never like i experience before.. max speed driven now is 180kmh and im confident with it.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Yours hardly use, Bro. Mitevo7 scrub them away........hahhahhahaha
You are quite right ! None of my tyres can last to 2 years !

There was once i bought a set of used Nexen 8000, has about 70% thread left, a return trip to Penang, i've managed to scrub the tyre down to almost 40% left. I wasn't driving very aggressive too. Probably this used tyre already has some thread problem so that's why it was gotten rid of.

Its amazing that i am still able to drive relatively quite stable on this thing.

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You are quite right ! None of my tyres can last to 2 years !

There was once i bought a set of used Nexen 8000, has about 70% thread left, a return trip to Penang, i've managed to scrub the tyre down to almost 40% left. I wasn't driving very aggressive too. Probably this used tyre already has some thread problem so that's why it was gotten rid of.

Its amazing that i am still able to drive relatively quite stable on this thing.

Thanks,
Ken
Wow, that is bad. Are your alignments off, because they can wear tyres really fast........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia VPCM has announced a price reduction on their new cars in light of the sales tax exemption which will take place from:

15th June till 31st December 2020

View attachment 578001

Locally assembled VWs:
  • Polo, Vento, Tiguan and Passat
Fully Imported VWs:
  • Golf, Golf R-Line, Golf GTI, Golf R
Sales tax exemption savings example:
  • RM3,881 – Tiguan
  • RM6,133 – Passat
  • RM4,884 – Golf R-Line
Below...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience