Cheap tyre

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
not UHP la... for my Wira to go morning market and yum-cha :-) Night time also cannot go out... headlight blur. hahahaha....
Better get Ecopia EP300? Price difference not that great anyway.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Better get Ecopia EP300? Price difference not that great anyway.
I thought Dayton much cheaper. If not, then better get Ecopia.......lol
Just saw Rydanz tyre 215/45R17 at RM170 only, that is cheaper than PS3 in 15".......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I thought Dayton much cheaper. If not, then better get Ecopia.......lol
Just saw Rydanz tyre 215/45R17 at RM170 only, that is cheaper than PS3 in 15".......lol
Just went to their website.
Its funny to read some of the words they used to highlight the feature of their tires.

Anyway, its baffling how they can sell at that price when the tire is made over there and shipped here. In China it will cost below RM100 a piece?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just went to their website.
Its funny to read some of the words they used to highlight the feature of their tires.

Anyway, its baffling how they can sell at that price when the tire is made over there and shipped here. In China it will cost below RM100 a piece?
Either that or other brands making a lot of money......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
got a Ecopia EP300 195/R15/55 for RM135. Happy..!!! no more slippery and noisy old tyre.

thanks for all the suggestion
Thats cheap considering its a Bridgestone.
Anyway, my previous experience with EP200 is they are pretty good in wet. In dry it fits well in the eco category.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
got a Ecopia EP300 195/R15/55 for RM135. Happy..!!! no more slippery and noisy old tyre.

thanks for all the suggestion
I would have been able to get Kumho PS31 for that price for less at that size....with some creative online shopping..hahaha.. but I think for normal driving the EP300 would be good enough.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
I would have been able to get Kumho PS31 for that price for less at that size....with some creative online shopping..hahaha.. but I think for normal driving the EP300 would be good enough.
saw the ad in Lazada and Shoppee for Kumho PS31. Just for normal driving... i'm fine.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Finally changed all 4 with Hankook Kinergy, RM120/pc in JB. Oscar Shah Alam sell the same for RM119/pc. Now (and for another 5 years hopefully if not punctured) no need to worry about tyre anymore.. haha

Attachments

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
sentimental value... cannot sell.. my father bought this car when i was 10 yo, and this car has serving me so long from single until 2 kids..
even if really wana sell, need to take the number, need to buy another vehicle..
Reminds me of my Wira's sentimental value. Father bought the Wira when I was 6 years old and I'm now the one driving the car for 5 years already.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Reminds me of my Wira's sentimental value. Father bought the Wira when I was 6 years old and I'm now the one driving the car for 5 years already.
old proton models like wira satria really can last long if properly maintained. the FC also not so bad, especially if kept stock. I havent touch a thing on my satria, just replace when failed/broken due to wear n tear. top overhaul done once i think in 2010.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
old proton models like wira satria really can last long if properly maintained. the FC also not so bad, especially if kept stock. I havent touch a thing on my satria, just replace when failed/broken due to wear n tear. top overhaul done once i think in 2010.
Indeed they can last very long with good FC and power too if they are properly maintained. My Wira 1.5 isn't exactly stock since its early days where my father changed the original 13 inch wheels for a set of 14 inch wheels right after purchasing the car. He also added on a front strut bar and a rear subframe brace back then.

In my hands, I've done a few modifications to it and they did not affect my reliability and FC at all. In fact, I think the FC even improved. I changed my extractor to a 4-2-1 setup, replaced the whole exhaust piping with a 1.7 inch diameter piping with a centre bullet/resonator and lastly the muffler was changed to a twin tip muffler taken out from @parakey's own C99 Wira 1.8. 2 months ago, I did a refreshment on the suspension system by changing a few arms on the rear side, a full set of brand new spring + absorber from Wira 1.6/1.8 and a rear anti roll bar taken from a Wira 1.6 halfcut. My ride height increased but comfort, handling and stability improved significantly.

For my engine, it was clocked at 224k km mileage now and it hasn't undergone any overhaul yet. So far so good.

Reactions: minibeany

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Indeed they can last very long with good FC and power too if they are properly maintained. My Wira 1.5 isn't exactly stock since its early days where my father changed the original 13 inch wheels for a set of 14 inch wheels right after purchasing the car. He also added on a front strut bar and a rear subframe brace back then.

In my hands, I've done a few modifications to it and they did not affect my reliability and FC at all. In fact, I think the FC even improved. I changed my extractor to a 4-2-1 setup, replaced the whole exhaust piping with a 1.7 inch diameter piping with a centre bullet/resonator and lastly the muffler was changed to a twin tip muffler taken out from @parakey's own C99 Wira 1.8. 2 months ago, I did a refreshment on the suspension system by changing a few arms on the rear side, a full set of brand new spring + absorber from Wira 1.6/1.8 and a rear anti roll bar taken from a Wira 1.6 halfcut. My ride height increased but comfort, handling and stability improved significantly.

For my engine, it was clocked at 224k km mileage now and it hasn't undergone any overhaul yet. So far so good.
when you mentioned exhaust, yes I have changed mine too. i changed the whole thing from extractor to the tip, but don't remember the size. maybe i should install anti roll bar too, front and rear. last time im not installing it coz I want the rear boot space, now only to go for work, no need space anymore...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
when you mentioned exhaust, yes I have changed mine too. i changed the whole thing from extractor to the tip, but don't remember the size. maybe i should install anti roll bar too, front and rear. last time im not installing it coz I want the rear boot space, now only to go for work, no need space anymore...
And did your FC improved after the exhaust system upgrade?

If I'm not mistaken, yours is a Satria 1.6 isn't it? If so, yours already came equipped with front and rear anti roll bar. Or do you mean the strut bar?

Speaking of tyres in relation to this thread, I'm planning to change to a set of Michelin XM2 tyres for my Wira soon. Same size as yours, 185/60/R14. How does your set of Michelin fare for your usage throughout these few years? Grip, road noise, comfort?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Ninja,
I am currently using Titan on my E34 . Purchased by previous owner .
Two of them I believe it's leaking cause I can see some oil start accumulating .
Making the ride uncomfortable .

Since Titan carried two years warranty , how much does it cost to service it .

Do we need to make an appointment or I just can drop by and expect to get services by Q . ( first come first serve )

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience