Is it wise for me to buy these second hand cars?

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
do agree with suprima. it's has features of current car needs.
getting a neo will be like ditching the in laws for a hitch ride. they will avoid being in the neo at all cost. you will have the car with your partner most of the time.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The Suprima S chassis is really well sorted. For the size, I would say its agile. I thrown the test drive unit around, the tyres couldn't keep up It's really comfortable. Satria Neo is obsolete already, and it isn't *that* special honestly. The Suprima S is just safer than the Satria Neo a lot, and if you can afford it, get it. Can't put a price on safety.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Same here, but you cant argue with the practicality of a motorcycle. I use the mcycle for mundane to and from work trips to save time and money and only drive on weekends. My mcycle is treated rather badly but serviced with the minimum requirement but my car gets special treatment.
special treatment is severely understating it. Jeezuz.. that car of yours gets pampered more than I pamper my kids. And wife. And my ex-cars.

i target suprima before decide to buy wira. hahaha...
The idea of modding Wira is not planned at all. Perhaps something knock on my head. :banghead:
:thefinger: that's what they all say at first. "Won't mod laaaa". 5 years later - Engine swapped, bigger rims, bigger brakes, loud exhaust and big ass wing.

do agree with suprima. it's has features of current car needs.
getting a neo will be like ditching the in laws for a hitch ride. they will avoid being in the neo at all cost. you will have the car with your partner most of the time.
That's not a bad thing if you ask me. Less people will ask you for favors and that's a plus point for me. haha!

I was at the Suprima press-only test drive. Personally I liked the car but a manual would have made it perfect. Space is good, build quality not too bad, driving ergonomics not bad, great safety features, but the only thing I didn't like was the way it drove. It's so sluggish because of that CVT and engine combination. I dunno - maybe I'm just heavy footed. @jon360x if you ever do decide to buy a Suprima, make sure you thoroughly test the CVT gb inside and out. It's not the cheapest thing to maintain and unfortunately the way its designed is not water-flood proof friendly. The breather hose is kinda short so it's prone to suck in water. If the CVT isn't smooth or jerks or takes a while to engage - skip the car or ask for a huge discount. A new GB replacement will set you back 20k (I think... I don't know the latest price) and halfcuts are a hit-miss.

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Apart from what I mentioned I'm really leaning towards a Satria 1.6, 1.8 SOHC
:laugh:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You’ll spend more time fixing it than driving it. #truestory

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
it u have $$$ to spare after having it. then it is wise choise, else get the better car. Do you have plan to get a vios 1st gen?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Very familiar story woh.......:biggrin:
Hahaha, he's not gonna daily drive ma, confirm fix more than drive. Seriously lah, coming from people who went through it, if your objective is to drive the car, then don't buy something that spend time on jack stands or in the work shop.

If you like to CONSTANTLY tweak the car, change stuff on the car, more so than drive it, then by all means go ahead.

My cruise liner so stock now, I don't even wanna do anything to it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hahaha, he's not gonna daily drive ma, confirm fix more than drive. Seriously lah, coming from people who went through it, if your objective is to drive the car, then don't buy something that spend time on jack stands or in the work shop.

If you like to CONSTANTLY tweak the car, change stuff on the car, more so than drive it, then by all means go ahead.

My cruise liner so stock now, I don't even wanna do anything to it.
Your cruise liner is not slow. Doesn't need to mod!

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
The Suprima S chassis is really well sorted. For the size, I would say its agile. I thrown the test drive unit around, the tyres couldn't keep up It's really comfortable. Satria Neo is obsolete already, and it isn't *that* special honestly. The Suprima S is just safer than the Satria Neo a lot, and if you can afford it, get it. Can't put a price on safety.
I dont know it is that good. why not many suprima on the road? instead i see many preves, cheaper maybe?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Your cruise liner is not slow. Doesn't need to mod!
Haha true. More than I can handle.

I dont know it is that good. why not many suprima on the road? instead i see many preves, cheaper maybe?
Preve is cheaper. And you get a boot.
Essentially the same thing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my apm sport spring always leave the spring seat whenever i jack up my kenari. hv anyone experience it? how to solve the problem? especially when the car jumo a little, i can hear the spring hit the spring seat when the spring is seated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience