1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

Just about 2 days ago, my legs were itchy and decided to rev the engine hard while stationary just to listen to its BOV sound. After a while, to my surprise, suddenly the engine transformed and the car just accelerate even crazier then before, the air intake suction noise is so soundly and car just sprints everywhere.

Until today i still can't figure out why the sudden transformation. Any one can help to clarify?

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Dear All,

Just about 2 days ago, my legs are itchy and decided to rev the engine hard while stationary just to listen to its BOV sound. After a while, to my surprise, suddenly the engine transformed and the car just accelerate even crazier then before, the air intake suction noise is so sound and car just sprints everywhere.

Until today i still can't figure out why the sudden transformation. Any one can help to clarify?

Thanks,
Ken
Your BOV is leaking boost out all these while and by luck your revving dislodge whatever dirt which cause the leak?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Your BOV is leaking boost out all these while and by luck your revving dislodge whatever dirt which cause the leak?
Well i did change my BOV settings back to stock, after discovered that my current SSQV is non-recirculating BOV hence caused the engine to idle and revs shitty. Anywhere else i should look out for so that my engine performance is consistent.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well i did change my BOV settings back to stock, after discovered that my current SSQV is non-recirculating BOV hence caused the engine to idle and revs shitty. Anywhere else i should look out for so that my engine performance is consistent.

Thanks,
Ken
Have you upgraded the cooling yet? Also how is the water recirculating for your block? There should be water going to the back of the engine. Without this the engine gets reaaaaaally hot

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Have you upgraded the cooling yet? Also how is the water recirculating for your block? There should be water going to the back of the engine. Without this the engine gets reaaaaaally hot
All still using stock BMW cooling system, on normal driving, the stock temp gauge shows that its lesser than middle line, spirited driving will push the temp pass mid line a little and stays there. My mechanic told me the stock BMW temp gauge, middle line is somewhere 90 degrees. The stock 1jz thermostat is fully open at 95 degrees so that's why through spirited driving, the temp climbs a little and stays there.

What's your take for this ?

Thanks
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
All still using stock BMW cooling system, on normal driving, the stock temp gauge shows that its lesser than middle line, spirited driving will push the temp pass mid line a little and stays there. My mechanic told me the stock BMW temp gauge, middle line is somewhere 90 degrees. The stock 1jz thermostat is fully open at 95 degrees so that's why through spirited driving, the temp climbs a little and stays there.

What's your take for this ?

Thanks
Ken
He's not wrong. JZs run hot. I'd go get a low-temp thermostat though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Jaguar XF: Scoop Photo & Video

Jaguar C-XF concept : S-type successor<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience