1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Normally when it is not plug and play, and need modification, sure will cost more and take more time also....
Yup, prioritize is one of the key things, for the alternator, for now the smaller pulley solves the issue, i will leave it for now until i go for high performance fuel pump.

Now prioritize on cooling, low temp thermostat and fan controller (by Shadow).

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Guys,

I can confirm my electricity issue was solved after few days of driving. Power windows, RPM, lights all are working at optimum efficiency. Moving on to handling, although installed with P9 Premium Shock absorber, i can still experience some degree of roll in corners. Due to the fact that my E46 originally was a 318ci, there's not much more brace bar came from the factory. So far i've gathered that 318ci has 15mm front sway bar and 16mm rear sway bar. Are they any other brands other that Ultra Racing that makes sway bars for Non M E46?

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

I can confirm my electricity issue was solved after few days of driving. Power windows, RPM, lights all are working at optimum efficiency. Moving on to handling, although installed with P9 Premium Shock absorber, i can still experience some degree of roll in corners. Due to the fact that my E46 originally was a 318ci, there's not much more brace bar came from the factory. So far i've gathered that 318ci has 15mm front sway bar and 16mm rear sway bar. Are they any other brands other that Ultra Racing that makes sway bars for Non M E46?

Thanks,
Ken
15mm front???? That's tiny! Even Wira front sway is 19/20mm at the very least. If i'm not mistaken UR is the most cost effective. The other brands are Eibach and KW but I don't think you'll want to go Euro route considering the price difference.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
15mm front???? That's tiny! Even Wira front sway is 19/20mm at the very least. If i'm not mistaken UR is the most cost effective. The other brands are Eibach and KW but I don't think you'll want to go Euro route considering the price difference.
I reacted the same when i measured it with a scale, i am very surprised that stock bar is so tiny but the car handles very firm and planted with its original 1.9 Litre engine. That's Euro chassis magic to you.

UR bars huh, well in my case what bars do you think is most essential to accommodate the new found power ?

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I reacted the same when i measured it with a scale, i am very surprised that stock bar is so tiny but the car handles very firm and planted with its original 1.9 Litre engine. That's Euro chassis magic to you.

UR bars huh, well in my case what bars do you think is most essential to accommodate the new found power ?

Thanks,
Ken
front and rear ARB, and and bars in the middle

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Guys,

Thanks,
Ken

i think ultra racing arb is bigger? might be better go all UR item as well

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
i think ultra racing arb is bigger? might be better go all UR item as well
Yes UR standard settings are 21mm or 23mm front, 19mm or 21mm rear. Stock 318ci uses very tiny ARB. Getting quote directly from UR and once install, i am going for brake mod.

Thanks,
Ken

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Thanks,
Ken
For my wira - front top brace, fender bar, room bar, rear arb, rear top brace.
Front arb stock gsr already 23mm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a set of AE101 silvertop individual throttle body (ITB) or known as 4 throttle, or some might say quad throttle. I am planning to mod it to fit in my 4g93 head(old news, now fitting in mivec).

things that i need to consider are as follows:

1) fabricate an 'adaptor' or intake manifold to fit the ITB to my head. this will include the injector 'holes' and all necessary things.

2) make a closed chamber or intake plenum so that i could fix my AFM (air flow meter) which will go to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience