Steering pulls to right and left

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Seldom use the car, might as well use the tyres until compound harden. No need waste money to buy new tyres then park the car......lol
or maybe buy second tyres... hehe cannot always park as also, waste of paying expensive roadtax

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
or maybe buy second tyres... hehe cannot always park as also, waste of paying expensive roadtax
second hand tyres hard to get exact size, good condition and especially the same brand and model. Better off buying a new cheaper model / brand tyres.....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Road uneven. Malaysia quality ma.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'd rather buy used tires than new but cheap lousy ones.
If can get the exact size then no problem. I used to get my supply from one shop. It was years ago during Falken ST115 time, not sure where he gets them but was using for a few years. Tyres were 90% above, very even wear. And on new tyres, I mentioned cheaper model/brand, not cheap tyres.....lol

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
ok thanks for all inputs and suggestion. second hand tyres can get good brands too, like one of the sellers I found and contacted: https://www.facebook.com/PancangTayar/

let see how. need to verify my steering bush first. im going to KL and meet my trusted mechanic (not found any yet in JB haha). after that, will decide what to do.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ok thanks for all inputs and suggestion. second hand tyres can get good brands too, like one of the sellers I found and contacted: https://www.facebook.com/PancangTayar/

let see how. need to verify my steering bush first. im going to KL and meet my trusted mechanic (not found any yet in JB haha). after that, will decide what to do.
Depends where you get them from. If those second hand tyre importers, be careful and check the tyres out nicely for damaged, wear and especially manufacturing date.

Reactions: jebatdex

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Guys, I had this problem for my car. When driving on uneven road, the steering feels it is pulled to right and left (depending on the road). Is it a time to do alignment (and balancing too, i know balancing dont cause this, but sekali jalan la), or absorber problem? Alignment done 1 year ago.
Front absorber never changed by previous owner, car come into Malaysia from Japan in 2015. The car is made in 2010. Rear absorber changed 6 months ago.
My steering also have this feedback slightly pull to left/right when hit bumps/hole. Not all bumps but sometimes it happened.
Then come this term "steering kickback." when search the net. Problem more to power steering pump or air in the system.
Not related to bump steer.
what do you sifu's think ?

Reactions: jebatdex

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Just an update. Check my tyre recently and ending up my tyre condition is very bad. So decided to change all 4 tyres to Hankook brand, complete balancing alignment, problem solved! Lucky it is not other major problems like steering rack etc.
Anyway, thanks all for the info and suggestion!
(good investment for incoming Raya holiday)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just an update. Check my tyre recently and ending up my tyre condition is very bad. So decided to change all 4 tyres to Hankook brand, complete balancing alignment, problem solved! Lucky it is not other major problems like steering rack etc.
Anyway, thanks all for the info and suggestion!
(good investment for incoming Raya holiday)
Which Hankook?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
S1 noble... V12 is out of budget coz recently upgrade my brake oso... so sudah kering... 235/45/18 S1 noble i get for RM389/each
Oh for that size the V12E2 is not available anyway. It's a bit odd size, not many models have it. Falken FK510 and PS4 have, cannot remember exactly what else.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
S1 noble... V12 is out of budget coz recently upgrade my brake oso... so sudah kering... 235/45/18 S1 noble i get for RM389/each
Larger sizes is S1 Noble 2 for UHP all seasons tyres, smaller sizes is V2 Concept 2, V12 Evo2 are summer tyres......

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Oh for that size the V12E2 is not available anyway. It's a bit odd size, not many models have it. Falken FK510 and PS4 have, cannot remember exactly what else.
If I have budget, maybe will go for 245 V12, sure have this size right. But its ok, lets see what option do I have in another 3 or 4 years

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I Found Silver Perodua Viva >> WQM 780 , car is located at pantai dalam , once u pass Kerinchi Lrt station go up towards Old Town White Coffee , the same road goin to Pantai Panorama Condo , car is park on the road outside the condo in that condition. I was going to my dads office in Pantai Panorama and notices this 2 ays back , anyone lost his/her car pls go check.

Bump: Moderator pls highlight this as it cud get sumbody's car back thx

Bump: Moderator pls highlight this as it cud get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience