Did I make a financial mistake buying an EG?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Okay I might get ignored or maybe get schooled by some of the shifus here about buying a Honda but here I go. Yes I bought a Honda eg6 with a b16b in it for quite the price.. wait for it, 37k! The mods arent much, spoon ecu,spoon intake,race clutch,pistons and head all stock,offset headers and that’s pretty much it I guess. Before y’all start just hear me out. I needed a screaming NA engine yes,not to drive like a ricer but really get the feel of vtec and the claims of the b16b being the most powerful 1.6 engine during the days before Nissan took over the tittle, thus explains why.. about the price, sometimes I really question myself with life decisions..

37k not that expensive for and eg6 with b16 (or is it really eg6 originally or just lower model eg with b16 engine swap)

Reactions: Ranjanmax

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yes true bro.. I see the current mods on in are good enough for me cause I not race kaki.. just might want to bring it to 200whp if for the fun of it.. plus will have to check around for security stuff la and need to find retractable steering wheel if that’ll help.. anyone you can recommend?
Don't park at shady areas, no matter what security you put also will gone. My friend had EK4 with EK9 Recaro. Parked outside, overnight no more seats left.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Don't park at shady areas, no matter what security you put also will gone. My friend had EK4 with EK9 Recaro. Parked outside, overnight no more seats left.
At least the car is still there, 4 wheels still with it ?

Thanks,
Ken

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Any car that gets from point a to b is a good buy. It is better if you smile everytime u look at it and drive it.

Only get worse when your other half is jealous and try to make you sell it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
At least the car is still there, 4 wheels still with it ?

Thanks,
Ken
They didn't take the wheels cause it was cap ayam Regamasters. Thieves know their shit man.

Any car that gets from point a to b is a good buy. It is better if you smile everytime u look at it and drive it.

Only get worse when your other half is jealous and try to make you sell it.
Change your other half.

True story, at the same time I own my turbo sampan, already changed 2 girlfriends.
Moral of the story, the girls will leave you but your car won't.

EDIT: and if someone steals your girlfriend, you're screwed
if someone steals your car, you're sad, but at least insurance will pay you, you can cry with money

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
They didn't take the wheels cause it was cap ayam Regamasters. Thieves know their shit man.

Change your other half.

True story, at the same time I own my turbo sampan, already changed 2 girlfriends.

if someone steals your car, you're sad, but at least insurance will pay you, you can cry with money
Eh...at my previous workplace got 1 Neo rims was stolen. I recognize the Neo as it always parked at the same spot outside the company premise and its on TE37.
The rim is cap ayam.

The effect of stolen ride for a petrol head is deep and damaging. Got one evening my heart dropped and almost stop, i felt a sense of emptiness, everything is silence, i froze and my mind is blank when i notice my EX5 is not where i left it in the morning.
Took me abt 30sec to get a hold of myself and think again, turns out i had ride out for lunch and parked at another spot.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Eh...at my previous workplace got 1 Neo rims was stolen. I recognize the Neo as it always parked at the same spot outside the company premise and its on TE37.
The rim is cap ayam.

The effect of stolen ride for a petrol head is deep and damaging. Got one evening my heart dropped and almost stop, i felt a sense of emptiness, everything is silence, i froze and my mind is blank when i notice my EX5 is not where i left it in the morning.
Took me abt 30sec to get a hold of myself and think again, turns out i had ride out for lunch and parked at another spot.
see...EX5 is priceless, ya money can buy but the feels of ownership gone.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The rim is cap ayam.

What if people steal your girlfriend? Insurance also don’t have.

I guess thieves in that area more class don’t steal cap ayam. They only took the Recaro

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Change your other half.

LOLLlllll your sampan is your actual girlfriend/wife !

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia