Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Dyno results are out! With RON95, 1 bar boost, and 4-speed GSR 4wd locked gearbox, results generated are 175-177 wheel horsepower. On crank, 200+-?

Though, I have done metal gasket 1.8mm and ARP head studs while doing top overhaul. Also, using Evo 3 intercooler, instead of GSR side intercooler. Is this number considered healthy for GSR?
i not sure your gsr from which model. if you googled, it upgrade from 192 to 212 bhp. Becos u on Auto box, need sifu here to give opinions.
Don get so IN with bhp yet. Go settle minor problem as you stated above + handling.
I never dyno my gsr till now. lol... BTW u still on stock ecu or piggy ?

Last edited:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Need advise!

RPM Hunting (high/low fluctuations and rough idle when aircond on)
It seems like my GSR is hunting rpm when idle with aircond on (high and low fluctuations). I notice it happens too when I turn my steering on idle. When I stop at a traffic light, gear is in Drive, and brakes are pressed, the idle goes quite bad and rough vibrations. Is these signs of my ISC gone bad? If yes, I’m considering to (1) change stepper motor or (2) mod Toyota / Denso FICD into it. Opinions and sharings needed, fellow bros!

Screeching Noise (aircond on, idle rev, screeching sound)
When my car idle with aircond on in Park or Neutral while revving a little, a screeching noise occured, loud. Any idea what’s the culprit? Sounds like belt noise or something.

Electric Fan Sound / Sharp High Radio Pitch Sound (when driving, the stronger the throttle pressed, the higher the “sound” comes in cabin)
This is seriously new to me. Some electric fan / sharp high radio pitch sound is generated when I press the throttle pedal (like TV3 closes channel at 1am and produce the “whinnnggg” sound non stop). The sound gets worse when i press even harder on throttle when driving. Any idea where is this coming from?
Lol just saw your updated post.

Screeching sound when aircond is in means your belt is not tightened tight enough. Go find your workshop to rectify it. Whining sound flowing rpm is from your sound system. Mine have it very severe but no time to rectify it nor do I know how haha From ground loop or interference. You didn't do rear battery mod right? For this go find a EA Howie he should be able to pinpoint

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
i not sure your gsr from which model. if you googled, it upgrade from 192 to 212 bhp. Becos u on Auto box, need sifu here to give opinions.
Don get so IN with bhp yet. Go settle minor problem as you stated above + handling.
I never dyno my gsr till now. lol... BTW u still on stock ecu or piggy ?
Manufacturer numbers are at the crank, dyno numbers will definitely be lower. And you can't compare numbers from different dynos as their calibration are different. A dyno jet will read high while mainline, dyno dynamics read low. 170 on a jet may be 140 on a mainline. Samore his is automatic gearbox so the losses are higher.

He di mentioned he's on emanage pushing 1 bar, which was why he was on the dyno.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True! Handling is so darn tricky. Everytime the car goes on boost, can feel the car doesn’t grip that well now even with new ps4 205/50/16 all round. Need more fine tuning :confused:
New PS4, need to scrub in a little first. Then probably need to do some alignment and camber adjustment also.....:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need advise!

Screeching Noise (aircond on, idle rev, screeching sound)
When my car idle with aircond on in Park or Neutral while revving a little, a screeching noise occured, loud. Any idea what’s the culprit? Sounds like belt noise or something.
Try tightening the belt, or spray some belt dressing on the belt

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hi bro! So far, the handling is not up to expectations yet, imo. The height and clicks still has major room for improvements. So far the front has 2 finger gap without driver/passenger, 6k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. While the back has 3.5 finger gap without load, 4k springs, 7 clicks soft>hard. Feeling a little wobbly, perhaps even crashy to say, and on boost doesnt feel securely planted enough. Need more experiment.

Tentatively planning 2.5 finger front without load, 6 clicks soft>hard, meanwhile rear 3.5 finger without load and 4 clicks soft>hard. Hopefully all goes well with 205/50/16 rubber.
your rear is high. imo, if front 2.5 finger, rear should be 2 finger. don't set the rear too hard, you'll oversteer easily coz aeroback the rear is heavier compare to sedan.

Now I have one tricky issue about my gearbox.

First, it feels very rough when driving off from standstills. Feels rough vibration going through the whole car. The gear change is smooth though when moving.

Second, when moving from standstills and throttle forward, it’ll feel like cannot makan gear then boom, it moves hard (not like on boost feel, but like gear finally masuk properly).

I not sure if this is the characteristics of locked 4wd gearbox, or if the locking wasnt done well, or worst still, signs of gearbox dying. Any thoughts? It’s automatic 4-speed GSR gearbox. :confused:
rough vibration can be due to the engine and gearbox mounting. u using full rubber mounts? the second one, moving from standstill and throttle forward, u throttle hard or just let it move normally? it sounds like the gearbox is slipping. it's either coz the gearbox havent move for years or probably coz of your 29kgm torque. LOL. what ATF u using? let it run first. the clutch and bands might need some time to run in again. nothing to do with locking the gearbox.

Need advise!

RPM Hunting (high/low fluctuations and rough idle when aircond on)
It seems like my GSR is hunting rpm when idle with aircond on (high and low fluctuations). I notice it happens too when I turn my steering on idle. When I stop at a traffic light, gear is in Drive, and brakes are pressed, the idle goes quite bad and rough vibrations. Is these signs of my ISC gone bad? If yes, I’m considering to (1) change stepper motor or (2) mod Toyota / Denso FICD into it. Opinions and sharings needed, fellow bros!
your RPM hunting is caused by faulty stepper motor. u can contact Franky 012 322 3582. he sells new stepper motor. also, when in D and brake pressed not moving, the idle definitely will go lower because of the load. can't do much about that unless someone knows where can adjust the TCU for idling speed in D. old autobox, old car, vibration is your friend.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Relax bro. Get everything sort out one by one. There's nothing swap in all OK see rainbow sunshine.
Solve the idle problem 1st. Change new isc. Agreed with bro @Nightstalker1993
Aircon kick in screeeching, go get it check. No big deal unless compressor problem.
Whinning sound u confirm not turbo spooling ?
Pls don feel demoralize.
Exactly, i had the same issue before but my problem is with voltage instead of engine itself. Takes time :)

1.) Idle problem with A/C on, sometimes could be your electricity not enough, mine does the same before i rectify the electrical issue, when A/C fan / radiator fan kicked in, RPM drop to almost stall
2.) Screeching sound, high chances the clutch behind the pulley having resistant in turning, that will put strain to your engine and makes it idle like shit
3.) The harder you press, the more sound you hear, sounds like you have a pipe leak somewhere, experienced this before, refit and tighten those rubber hoses, voila, quiet.

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yo guys and dudes here.....did LMST got any bodykit out there?

cause my friend kiss a wira.....plastic bumper dent in and inside the steel bar kemek in......quotation for repair it.....RM80

he said the plastic have to heat it up and reshape.....

i don think is worth it......beside that his right corner bumper also already crack due to last time minor-minor accident.

so guys here.....where can get any front bumper bodykit for LMST? thanks! and how much
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience