4pot cross spring/brake pad retainer

audetom

read while you still can
Aug 30, 2004
Selangor/KL
Hi all...

My car is not Nissan, but I used R32 4pot Sumitomo brake caliper to my car.
Few months back changed my front brake pad, the somehow this pad retainer are gone!!!
Now my brake got sound like longgar...I've asked around, the brake can still work and the pad will stay there, but the sound really irritates me...
I'm wondering if anyone got spare? Or know where to get it...

Sorry, if this is not permitted here...admin can remove if it's not suppose to be here.
Thanks.

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure where to get this part. My Chery SUV also missing same part on one side of the rear brakes......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all...

Few months back changed my front brake pad, the somehow this pad retainer are gone!!!
Now my brake got sound like longgar...I've asked around, the brake can still work and the pad will stay there, but the sound really irritates me...

Sorry, if this is not permitted here...admin can remove if it's not suppose to be here.
Thanks.
I think the only place to find this is from halfcut and even there you need to buy the whole caliper.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all...

Thanks.
You still have the other piece from the other side? If so, you can approach spring shop to duplicate one for you

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi all...

Thanks.

halfcut is hard to get for small parts like this....

if me, i'll order new... this exact caliper came from r23/fairlady 300zx,silvia,subaru wrx (non brembo) and landcruiser prado.... maybe if you ask around big sparepart shop that have hilux/landcruiser prado brakes, maybe u will able to source it...

alternatively, i source new part from subaru japan via this friend: https://www.facebook.com/shazmie

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
good luck finding it... i had S14 calipers which was missing 1 oso.... looked around for 1-2 years but cant find. even overseas websites didnt have (or didnt reply).

In the end the calipers were not used and i just gave it away.

however, i did a swap with a friend for his R33 calipers...and his calipers also had a missing side... but was replaced with dawai. some mechanic somewhere managed to bend the dawai to function like the cross spring. worked well.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
good luck finding it... i had S14 calipers which was missing 1 oso.... looked around for 1-2 years but cant find. even overseas websites didnt have (or didnt reply).

In the end the calipers were not used and i just gave it away.

however, i did a swap with a friend for his R33 calipers...and his calipers also had a missing side... but was replaced with dawai. some mechanic somewhere managed to bend the dawai to function like the cross spring. worked well.

can buy la... same as subaru 2002-2005 WRX (NOT STI BREMBO) and still available in japan or uk or us easily...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience