Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
BOT jerr, but plan well ahead. I started with my 4g18 BOT in 2012 lolz.
hehehe. i think i saw that project before also. yeah. due to the planning well ahead becomes budget restriction. by right, i just need to get the intercooler system, turbo, injectors, fuel pump and i'm good to go. still good enough to boost up to 1bar with the 93 single cam pistons. but i'm concern about the durability (coz i will definitely whack it hard). so yeah, planning well ahead.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
hehehe. i think i saw that project before also. yeah. due to the planning well ahead becomes budget restriction. by right, i just need to get the intercooler system, turbo, injectors, fuel pump and i'm good to go. still good enough to boost up to 1bar with the 93 single cam pistons. but i'm concern about the durability (coz i will definitely whack it hard). so yeah, planning well ahead.
When I first did my BOT, I saved up for like half a year slowly buying all the parts, intercooler, turbo, bov, wastegate etc before installing haha.

Don't think you should be boosting 1 bar on stock pistons though. 0.6bar should be your limit and also good enough to feel the torque. My current setup also is only boosting 1 bar

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
When I first did my BOT, I saved up for like half a year slowly buying all the parts, intercooler, turbo, bov, wastegate etc before installing haha.

Don't think you should be boosting 1 bar on stock pistons though. 0.6bar should be your limit and also good enough to feel the torque. My current setup also is only boosting 1 bar
i dont know. my mech said can boost up to 1 bar no problem. hahaha. having a kid damn hard to save up slowly for projects. one of the reason why i temporarily stop modding my car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
i dont know. my mech said can boost up to 1 bar no problem. hahaha. having a kid damn hard to save up slowly for projects. one of the reason why i temporarily stop modding my car.
Sacrifice of a man...
There will be more sacrifice after this which might made us forget the road tax expiry date, oil and fluid change. Then car will get dirty yet we dont bother to wash, the trip to chanhe tire usually took 1 whole day becomes 2hrs only...hihihi

Luckily i found something automotive related which myself and my boy can enjoy...offroading. Last week took him light offroading and he enjoyed every second of it...even request to be in the Pajero again the next day. Plus point, no traffic jam on the road less travelled. BTW the NA Pajero can multiple its torque 3X by just selecting 4L....amazing.

Reactions: sanekit

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Sacrifice of a man...
There will be more sacrifice after this which might made us forget the road tax expiry date, oil and fluid change. Then car will get dirty yet we dont bother to wash, the trip to chanhe tire usually took 1 whole day becomes 2hrs only...hihihi

Luckily i found something automotive related which myself and my boy can enjoy...offroading. Last week took him light offroading and he enjoyed every second of it...even request to be in the Pajero again the next day. Plus point, no traffic jam on the road less travelled. BTW the NA Pajero can multiple its torque 3X by just selecting 4L....amazing.
I also recently married, cutting down on expenditures on the car. After the car came out also it took me like 1.5 years only I went to dyno my car. Sepang dreams also no idea when can enter. You off road at where bro?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I also recently married, cutting down on expenditures on the car. After the car came out also it took me like 1.5 years only I went to dyno my car. Sepang dreams also no idea when can enter. You off road at where bro?
Luckily Melaka still blessed with forest and housing construction site..hihi.
Last week was at Alor Gajah while trying to find my dad piece of land which he got very long time ago, we failed so this Sat will be a repeat armed with GPS and few long parang.
Construction site is fun but cannot beat jungle as u can see on what u r driving.

You can follow clubs which is more fun but will cost even more. Dont worry, they allow beginner with bone stock car armed with only AT or MT tire to tag along on moderate to extreme route. Tag along a friend and u will be addicted.

What happened to my cars?
BLM is now bone stock (from very mild mod) and used for point to point transport at turtle pace.
Waja is resting since last Dec with periodic start up and run around in housing area only.

Anyway, as i mentioned on my previous post...thats the sacrifice men made. Some even buy a another car for their other half so they can enjoy their hobby but in the end also cant enjoy as have to maintain 2 cars..hihihi.
We end up only planning and dreaming but no excecution as we need to sacrifice for others...unless that man is a billionaire.

One trivia : The Pajero 4G54 engine puts out 197Nm of torque, engaging 4L will multiple the torque 3X....

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Sacrifice of a man...

the car is now use as a daily by my wife coz it's auto. i've reached the road tax expiry date dy. ahahaha. luckily oil change not an issue coz i'm using royal purple HPS. haven't wash the car for quite sometime too.

nice get to share same hobby with your son. my son is still small tho. 19 months.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
the car is now use as a daily by my wife coz it's auto. i've reached the road tax expiry date dy. ahahaha. luckily oil change not an issue coz i'm using royal purple HPS. haven't wash the car for quite sometime too.

nice get to share same hobby with your son. my son is still small tho. 19 months.
There u go..havent wash the car for some time...
Wait till he learn about preference...u will be surprised. No doubt kids will just hop on any vehicle when we asked them to do so as they know they will go jalan-jalan.

This is what my son did when i asked him to choose;
1.Waja vs BLM - Waja wins
2.Waja vs BLM vs EX5 - EX5 wins

When at my parents house;
1.Iriz vs Suprima - Iriz wins
2.Iriz vs HRV - 50/50...kinda funny seeing he hesitate when getting on the car.
3.Iriz vs HRV vs W124 - W124 wins
4.Ask him to choose from all 7 or 8 rides - he will pause a little between the W124 and the Pajero before running towards the Pajero.

When this preference becomes a norm, men will start to make a sacrifice yet again.most probably by selling our project car...huhuhuhu.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
There u go..havent wash the car for some time...
Wait till he learn about preference...u will be surprised. No doubt kids will just hop on any vehicle when we asked them to do so as they know they will go jalan-jalan.

This is what my son did when i asked him to choose;
1.Waja vs BLM - Waja wins
2.Waja vs BLM vs EX5 - EX5 wins

When at my parents house;
1.Iriz vs Suprima - Iriz wins
2.Iriz vs HRV - 50/50...kinda funny seeing he hesitate when getting on the car.
3.Iriz vs HRV vs W124 - W124 wins
4.Ask him to choose from all 7 or 8 rides - he will pause a little between the W124 and the Pajero before running towards the Pajero.

When this preference becomes a norm, men will start to make a sacrifice yet again.most probably by selling our project car...huhuhuhu.
my project car is my wira. hopefully he'll pick that always. ahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try joining those smaller runs first, like USJ go kart track. Then slowly make you way to SIC......:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Try joining those smaller runs first, like USJ go kart track. Then slowly make you way to SIC......:driver:
By the time reaching SIC already got 3 children whom prefer large, boring, spacious vehicle...hahahah...
Project car becomes weekend ride...if thats even possible. People or even strangers will come asking if its for sale.

my project car is my wira. hopefully he'll pick that always. ahahaha
hopefully...kids luv adrenaline rush. With cars, feeling of boost kicking in might get them hooked.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
By the time reaching SIC already got 3 children whom prefer large, boring, spacious vehicle...hahahah...
Project car becomes weekend ride...if thats even possible. People or even strangers will come asking if its for sale.

hopefully...kids luv adrenaline rush. With cars, feeling of boost kicking in might get them hooked.
At least at a start he gets to feel some track first, if not maybe no chance at SIC......hhahahhahahaha

My son and daughter drove both my manual Hyundai Sonata III and VR. Only my daughter like my VR......hhahhahahaha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Now, I have one headaching matter about my car which does not have a “correct” or “right” answer. It is about the paint job of my car (exterior only).

Over my short span of research on paintjob, I had understood that paint jobs are separated into different elements of work namely craftmanship on metal/plastic bodywork, primer base, color base, and clear coat base. Additionally, to select a paint job according to our personal preferences and desired output would rely on the ability/craftmanship quality and material quality (budget varies accordingly). Unfortunately, I’m not exposed to any form of car detailing with relations to paint (even among my car buddies). This is where I dearly need your help or to shine the light in the right direction for me, fellow gentlemens.

Desired craftmanship/ability/output

(a) Craftmanship that ensures my car parts are not accidentally painted/damaged for whatsoever reasons i.e. wheels, tyres, adjustable, brake disc/calipers, headlamps.
(b) Proper craftmanship of removing/applying primer, base coat, color coat, and clear coat.
(c) Paint job craftmanship output that puts a smile on our face even after an extended period of time (with proper care i.e. polish/wax/coating)

Questions in mind.

1. Recommendation to undergo/avoid of any paint brands / workshop.
2. Estimated price range for medium and/or good paint job craftmanship.
3. Notes that I should take before making a decision on which paint job.

Ultimately, my budget end in mind is tentatively floating at 3k. I don’t mind to stretch a little out in order to have a peace of mind over the next few years, if necessary. Do advise!

if u were in KL... go over fb and look for BANDI SPRAYWORK.... with that budget is doable to high quality paint work

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Luckily Melaka still blessed with forest and housing construction site..hihi.
Last week was at Alor Gajah while trying to find my dad piece of land which he got very long time ago, we failed so this Sat will be a repeat armed with GPS and few long parang.
Construction site is fun but cannot beat jungle as u can see on what u r driving.

You can follow clubs which is more fun but will cost even more. Dont worry, they allow beginner with bone stock car armed with only AT or MT tire to tag along on moderate to extreme route. Tag along a friend and u will be addicted.

What happened to my cars?
BLM is now bone stock (from very mild mod) and used for point to point transport at turtle pace.
Waja is resting since last Dec with periodic start up and run around in housing area only.

Anyway, as i mentioned on my previous post...thats the sacrifice men made. Some even buy a another car for their other half so they can enjoy their hobby but in the end also cant enjoy as have to maintain 2 cars..hihihi.
We end up only planning and dreaming but no excecution as we need to sacrifice for others...unless that man is a billionaire.

One trivia : The Pajero 4G54 engine puts out 197Nm of torque, engaging 4L will multiple the torque 3X....
Well I already have my Volvo as the 'sane' car, just hope it don't give me too much haedaches in the future haha. Off road honestly sounds fun, but not really interested in off road cars especially the wallet. Now I already need to jaga Waja, Volvo and my XJ600. Waja road tax already rm300 now, volvo road tax is 380+, insurance belum masuk lagi, luckily staggered waja renew in January, Volvo renew in June.

I entered SIC before la, before they renovated the track lagi. That time with my 4g18t engine managed to set a time of 3:00 flat with traffic like federal highway, joined the Ignition track day, 100 cars per session, kira not bad la my timing for first time masuk SIC and traffic so teruk. But that was like 3-4 years ago, damn itchy to enter again. I signed up for GRA Autocross in April 21 I think, hopefully that one jadi. Want to play with my LSD see. USJ kart track macam no more event jerr, rarely hear anything

Yeah hopefully my future kids will like cars. I really really wish...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I entered SIC before la, before they renovated the track lagi. That time with my 4g18t engine managed to set a time of 3:00 flat with traffic like federal highway, joined the Ignition track day, 100 cars per session, kira not bad la my timing for first time masuk SIC and traffic so teruk. But that was like 3-4 years ago, damn itchy to enter again. I signed up for GRA Autocross in April 21 I think, hopefully that one jadi. Want to play with my LSD see. USJ kart track macam no more event jerr, rarely hear anything
Oh! you taste SIC before already, but 100 cars sure like federal highway dy........lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had always believe that by maintain our finishing standards, our Zero Compromising Policy, we had nothing to fear. But this time round, we were scared shitless. We received a request from this client that had his car worked on by a well known detailing, so well know that the company is in many famous automotive forums. zerotohundred, lowyat, bmw owner forums and many more. We were scared shitless when we were appointed to work on a car that had undergone his so called "god hands" We were...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience