4g93 Mivec Turbo Waja project(Many pictures be warned)

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
holy shit.. super close call there! Did you loctite the damn nuts?
Yeah, luckily using low comp pistons and 1.5mm thick gasket hahahahaha

Yup, he did mentioned not torqued properly.....
God knows la how it came loose. When I loosened that 5 bolts to readjust it back, it was damn loose. Using those 'L' shape allen key, I can just loosen it with the end with the lesser leverage.

actually he should...

thats the best practice...once cam is adjusted, dynoed/tuned to suits and confirm at specific degree...

then use loctite to lock it...
Belum masuk dyno ma, main main saja just to get it driving OTR town driving and idle nicely haha

These things don't typically come loose on their own, do they?
Loctite actually got a few colours grades, eventhough the bottle is all red.

http://henkeladhesivesna.com/blog/the-difference-between-red-blue-green-and-purple-threadlockers/

Mr. DIY got sell the cheap china brand Threadlocker RED but I am not sure how strong is it compared to the actual Loctite RED, as the original Loctite RED is their strongest one and is meant to be loosened with heat.... Original Loctite branded threadlocker is hella expensive.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Wonder if after loctite, later want to remove the bolt, can it come off?
just check their site,got 2 type;
1.type only require manual tool.with a bit more force of coz.
2.type require heat to loosen the bolt.260 degree of heat.
Walao I susah2 find link give you all never read merr, got 4 types la walao. Buka link and read laaaa :laugh::laugh:

Habis lah, the sprocket, camshaft and the attached seals
So that's why they don't recommend Loctite Red for stuff you actually plan to open often haha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
These things don't typically come loose on their own, do they?

it would come loose..especially if not overly tighten (damaging the thread and pulley) with super aggressive driving...

especially with current "affordable" stuff....

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Sup guys, been some time since I've updated this.

Not much had been done/happening on my car as I have a motorbike and also a Volvo S80 now so I rotate between the 3 vehicles. Last Saturday I managed to hit the dyno though, and here are the results, before my accessory belt decided to say goodbye. 235hp and 276nm of torque on a Dynokraft dyno, whose numbers are pretty understated, similar to Mainline's numbers. If you see the chart the highest run I did was around 245hp, but that run was knocking and I had to dial back on the ign timing to avoid knock.

Also for my own future reference, the code for the alternator and power steering/aircond belts are 5PK1300 and 4PK780

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
about the same figure with me at 1 bar...nice nice...looks like s80 getting most of the tlc now..hahaha
Yours 2L, and yours should be more torque kot. Mine 235hp at like 7k rpm, yours should be peaking at a lower rpm I think? Want to push to 1.2bar wan but the belt snapped so tak jadi tune for that. Also using RON95 so was encountering some knock quite early, else can push for more power wan. You tune on what grade fuel?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yours 2L, and yours should be more torque kot. Mine 235hp at like 7k rpm, yours should be peaking at a lower rpm I think? Want to push to 1.2bar wan but the belt snapped so tak jadi tune for that. Also using RON95 so was encountering some knock quite early, else can push for more power wan. You tune on what grade fuel?
i dont know where i put my dyno sheet, cant recall the torque . peak hp around 5k ish rpm and peak torque around high 4k rpm, thats why i limit my rpm at 6.5k rpm.

running and tuning 97.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beside Hup Shun Sunway, where else? :rolleyes:
Prefer area around subang/sunway. :rolleyes:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience