Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if i may chip in on braking...

its the master brake pump u should change not the servo. Servo is like brake booster, assist on applying pressure to the brake caliper with lower force apply on the pedal.

mitsubishi has marking on how big the diameter is. for example, my recent brake upgrade i changed master pump to evo 6 but retain the v6 servo.

V6 1 inch
E6 17/16 inch

upsized 1/16 but pedal feel improved and drive with confidence.
Yes, you can do that too, but if servo is small changing to bigger helps a lot too. My original on the Mitsu super saloon was single layer, about same size, but my VR4 half cut one was double layer, so I transfer every thing over......lol

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Actually too big is dangerous, meaning over boost. Mechanic had a customer, who mod the servo himself, a giant one for his old 120Y. In a corner, he was going too fast wanted to slow down, but brakes was so good, the moment he step it locked and the car just slide off......lol
that's because the car is light. in my case, when i swap to my 93 engine, my servo, master pump, calipers all still using 1.5 except for the rear using 1.6/1.8 calipers. reason was the shop that did the swap said 1.5 front caliper and pumps/servo still can use. so what happen is, i was driving and it was raining quite heavy, reaching a traffic light i step on the brakes and the car brake lock on all 4 tires and was sliding. lucky i was quick to put it in neutral and pull the handbrakes. if not i would've knock the car in front.

the next few days went and bought GSR front calipers and swap. no more brake locks but i can still feel the car slowly braking and sliding through corners. so ended up buying evo servo with pumps and use trestor advantage. until today i'm pretty happy with my brakes. haha. but i need to change the hoses to braided ones for more efficient braking.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that's because the car is light. in my case, when i swap to my 93 engine, my servo, master pump, calipers all still using 1.5 except for the rear using 1.6/1.8 calipers. reason was the shop that did the swap said 1.5 front caliper and pumps/servo still can use. so what happen is, i was driving and it was raining quite heavy, reaching a traffic light i step on the brakes and the car brake lock on all 4 tires and was sliding. lucky i was quick to put it in neutral and pull the handbrakes. if not i would've knock the car in front.

the next few days went and bought GSR front calipers and swap. no more brake locks but i can still feel the car slowly braking and sliding through corners. so ended up buying evo servo with pumps and use trestor advantage. until today i'm pretty happy with my brakes. haha. but i need to change the hoses to braided ones for more efficient braking.
Locking the front is not as bad as locking the rears. If rear lock and your car at an angle sure to spin.....lol
Your case could be rear stronger than front, before total swap....

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
TS plan for sometimes. Not suddenly jump to conclusion.
You’re right. Planned for some time d. And i finally got some pictures of soundproofing done to share with you guys!

Attachments

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
if i may chip in on braking...

its the master brake pump u should change not the servo. Servo is like brake booster, assist on applying pressure to the brake caliper with lower force apply on the pedal.

mitsubishi has marking on how big the diameter is. for example, my recent brake upgrade i changed master pump to evo 6 but retain the v6 servo.

V6 1 inch
E6 17/16 inch

upsized 1/16 but pedal feel improved and drive with confidence.
Master brake pump? Needa ask my foreman on this. Good sharing! Though, I’m quite confident that my foreman took the GSR halfcut servos and master brake pump to install into my car. Perhaps after driving it only I’ll be able to tell if it’s too much or too little for my preference.

Any sharing is good sharing, so thanks for chipping in!

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Halfway there. Another week to go before it can run on it’s legs. Then supporting mods have to come. Getting the Works Engineering Pro2 Plus Gauges installation (boost, water temp, oil temp, oil press), E-Manage piggyback and tuning, and turbo timer. Any other thing i should be aware of? Speedcut not in my priority now, but later.

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Halfway there. Another week to go before it can run on it’s legs. Then supporting mods have to come. Getting the Works Engineering Pro2 Plus Gauges installation (boost, water temp, oil temp, oil press), E-Manage piggyback and tuning, and turbo timer. Any other thing i should be aware of? Speedcut not in my priority now, but later.
Fuhh... Nice engine bay

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Speaking of brakes, just got the caliper sprayed and coated. The disc is headache though. Cant find any reputable slotted disc with no holes for this brake. Any idea where can i get one? Twin pot front and single rear.
Build your calipers around the disc, not the other way around. Get the brackets modified to suite the placement of the disc.

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
Build your calipers around the disc, not the other way around. Get the brackets modified to suite the placement of the disc.
Currently, I’m using back the Evo brake disc as it’s still in good condition. Though, i wanted to know my alternative options for brake discs if they do give me issues.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Currently, I’m using back the Evo brake disc as it’s still in good condition. Though, i wanted to know my alternative options for brake discs if they do give me issues.
If stock Evo brake disc should have many types of replacement available......

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
issues as in? most issue you're gonna get is finding the best pads for it. haha

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Try upgrade to braided brake line. If stock brake line still good then save it.

Reactions: sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else here likes Chop Shop (it's a Discovery Channel TV programme) but the two guys who present it have a new 'celebrity blog', which is pretty cool - you can ask them questions about modifiying cars and stuff.

Also a man called Mike Brewer is on there from Wheeler Dealers. I guess it's a kind of 'ask the experts' thing.

http://blogs.discoverychannel.co.uk/ignition/
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience