Steering pulls to right and left

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Just get suspension checked yesterday at the tyre shop. Lifted my car and checked all bushings and rubber parts. According to the mechanic, everything is still in good condition. He suspect the tyre might be the culprit. The thread is wear off to one side for front tyre and alignment is off a bit. Currently using dunlop formula d05, come with the car from previous owner. Its 2016 tyre and initially, I also not really like this tyre becaue its noisy. Now, korek tabung for a new set of tyre.
Now on 225/45 18, stock mark x is 235/45 18, thinking to go for 235. Based on my reading, there are now 4 choices that I have finalised:

- Michelin PS4 (RM600+)
- Bridgestone potenza re003 (dont know)
- Goodyear assymetric 2 (dont know)
- Hankook V12 Evo2 (RM420)

I know we have debated about tyres in many other threads, but can sifus here suggest between these 4, which one is good. My budget is I think max RM500/piece (so PS4 seems unreachable), but if PS4 is justified and worth the money compared to others, maybe go for it. I dont know lah about PS4, some said its just brand that makes it expensive, performance wise almost similar to those I listed above, some said its totally different and worth every penny. My car is mostly driven on weekends and long distance (KL-once a month & Kelantan). For work, I use my satria and my wife, viva. Not really a heavy footed, but can be sometimes when meet some cocky driver.. haha thanks in advance

My mind is on Re003 now, but maybe with inputs from others, will change my mind.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just get suspension checked yesterday at the tyre shop. Lifted my car and checked all bushings and rubber parts. According to the mechanic, everything is still in good condition. He suspect the tyre might be the culprit. The thread is wear off to one side for front tyre and alignment is off a bit. Currently using dunlop formula d05, come with the car from previous owner. Its 2016 tyre and initially, I also not really like this tyre becaue its noisy. Now, korek tabung for a new set of tyre.
Now on 225/45 18, stock mark x is 235/45 18, thinking to go for 235. Based on my reading, there are now 4 choices that I have finalised:

- Michelin PS4 (RM600+)

I know we have debated about tyres in many other threads, but can sifus here suggest between these 4, which one is good. My budget is I think max RM500/piece (so PS4 seems unreachable), but if PS4 is justified and worth the money compared to others, maybe go for it. I dont know lah about PS4, some said its just brand that makes it expensive, performance wise almost similar to those I listed above, some said its totally different and worth every penny. My car is mostly driven on weekends and long distance (KL-once a month & Kelantan). For work, I use my satria and my wife, viva. Not really a heavy footed, but can be sometimes when meet some cocky driver.. haha thanks in advance

My mind is on Re003 now, but maybe with inputs from others, will change my mind.
Any of those 4 brands are good. Hankook is the only one with the soft sidewall though

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Not really. Depends on how you drive. Plenty of people use the V12 for performance too.
hm... okk noted. maybe this is the right choice for me, since soft sidewall will be better for comfort for my family. but i really like the look of the thread pattern on re003

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

- Michelin PS4 (RM600+)

I would suggest only PS4 if you have the budget, or Falken FK510 if your budget is less for size 235/45/18.

The V12E2 unfortunately doesn't have that size, otherwise that would be the best value for money coz it's the cheapest yet still very good.

F1A2 also I think doesn't have that size, plus it's also already old tire.

As for re003, that would be my last choice because it wears off the soonest and wet performance not as good, plus it's old model too.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I would suggest only PS4 if you have the budget, or Falken FK510 if your budget is less for size 235/45/18.

The V12E2 unfortunately doesn't have that size, otherwise that would be the best value for money coz it's the cheapest yet still very good.

F1A2 also I think doesn't have that size, plus it's also already old tire.

As for re003, that would be my last choice because it wears off the soonest and wet performance not as good, plus it's old model too.
ok, that adds another candidates, Falken FK510. What if, FK510 vs Assymetric 5, performance and price wise?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ok, that adds another candidates, Falken FK510. What if, FK510 vs Assymetric 5, performance and price wise?
F1A5 is still very new, no review comparison yet. I would think it should be better but price also should be much higher, typical of the European made tires.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
F1A5 is still very new, no review comparison yet. I would think it should be better but price also should be much higher, typical of the European made tires.
Yup.... hurm, a lot of very good reviews on FK510. What do you think the price range would be for FK510? RM500 for my size, 235/45 18?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Falken FK510 is quite highly recommended. GY F1A5 should be around PS4 price. Since you mention not hardcore, V12Evo2 and FK510 is very good already. Outright performance then PS4 or F1A5

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Falken FK510 is quite highly recommended. GY F1A5 should be around PS4 price. Since you mention not hardcore, V12Evo2 and FK510 is very good already. Outright performance then PS4 or F1A5
ok then, so FK510 it is.. now looking for tyre shop with good price. I heard from a friend of mine, there is 1 shop in kota kemuning give cheapest tyre price he ever found.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Outright performance got PS4S and F1 Super Sport series!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there,

I am planning for the following Yokohama tyres for my 2 cars, one using 195.55.15 and another is 180.60.14

After some research online and offline, found that Advan Neova AD07 only have size for my 195.55.15 while AVS ES100 have sizes of both.

Also known that the UTQG for AD07 is 180 AA A and ES100 is 280 AA A. If I am going to take AD07 for the 15" and ES 100 for the 14", would this be my good choices?

Need your experiences on both tyres model in terms of dry, wet, treadwear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience