Myvi Gab SS Series vs BC Racing V1

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
oh damn.. yours is the 4-door integra. I had the impression it was a Myvi.. Haha..

Ok based on your feedback this is what I'd suggest then :

- Get a decent set of absorbers or consider custom revalved ones like by PRS. Stick with stock springs or consider getting a new set of standard ones because of the age.
- Upgrade your rear and front anti-roll bars, change to lightweight rims and perhaps the brakes

and be done with it. Based on the internet RS suspension seems to have a lot of positive feedback. I think you should stick around and wait for an integra owner to respond. But most integra owners I know are track focused and aren't daily drivers.
Since you mentioned about PRS, they just quoted me PRS Hi-lo-soft-hard 32 steps adjustable for my converted BMW E46 at BC Racing's price. Just want to check how well is their adjustable fare against bigger brands like BC, Titan, HKS ...

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since you mentioned about PRS, they just quoted me PRS Hi-lo-soft-hard 32 steps adjustable for my converted BMW E46 at BC Racing's price. Just want to check how well is their adjustable fare against bigger brands like BC, Titan, HKS ...

Thanks,
Ken
I like dealing with Ah Sim the boss. He's quite easy going and friendly to chat with. In terms of adjustability I'd say it's on par with BC Racing except the service center is his shop in Seri Kembangan. Whats more Sim will setup your suspension the way you describe it before he installs it in your car. Normally he'll go a few rounds in your own car with you in it, then sometimes if available another car with suspension he was recommending and then from your description he'll setup and recommend the spring rates, damping, etc before installing. I don't know about Titan as their internal structure is all messed up with their head mech opening his own brand called 'premium' and all. I didn't know HKS made shocks for BMW.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I like dealing with Ah Sim the boss. He's quite easy going and friendly to chat with. In terms of adjustability I'd say it's on par with BC Racing except the service center is his shop in Seri Kembangan. Whats more Sim will setup your suspension the way you describe it before he installs it in your car. Normally he'll go a few rounds in your own car with you in it, then sometimes if available another car with suspension he was recommending and then from your description he'll setup and recommend the spring rates, damping, etc before installing. I don't know about Titan as their internal structure is all messed up with their head mech opening his own brand called 'premium' and all. I didn't know HKS made shocks for BMW.....
From the sounds of it you are are happy with his services. HKS not making anything to BMW, just a brand to brand comparisons. Nevertheless, i will pay him a visit to see for myself.

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
From the sounds of it you are are happy with his services. HKS not making anything to BMW, just a brand to brand comparisons. Nevertheless, i will pay him a visit to see for myself.

Thanks,
Ken
I've personally approached Ftuned, Titan, HWL (long time ago), BCRacing/AR-Racing/Improve Hyperflex (EA Autoworks, not the dealer), PRS and Koni/Eibach dealer.

I can safely tell you that PRS provided the best bang for buck with EA Autoworks coming a close 2nd. Service is great, knowledgeable about the technologies and what suites you and they don't make an effort to make you buy the most expensive thing they have. Caveat is HWL was great back then too direct at their factory. But it's been close to 10 years since I last went there so I don't know if they are still the same bunch of fellas.

Personally I feel if you're not going hardcore racing or track, the best brand you should opt for is the one that provides you with the best service. Whether it's monotube, inverted mono, twin tube or whatever, if the service is crap before and/or after installation then the product image is tarnished. Some companies forget this and end up sitting on a throne they think is up there but in reality it's on a pile of rubbish.

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Their product has changed throughout the years. Some say good some say bad but their aftersales service has been rubbish. Personal experience btw.
Wow suprise to hear that. I am quite intrested on their CLS spring rarely heard got ppl use in JB.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
Their product has changed throughout the years. Some say good some say bad but their aftersales service has been rubbish. Personal experience btw.
I heard the same story as well, in which they changed their core parts suppliers.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I've personally approached Ftuned, Titan, HWL (long time ago), BCRacing/AR-Racing/Improve Hyperflex (EA Autoworks, not the dealer), PRS and Koni/Eibach dealer.

I can safely tell you that PRS provided the best bang for buck with EA Autoworks coming a close 2nd. Service is great, knowledgeable about the technologies and what suites you and they don't make an effort to make you buy the most expensive thing they have. Caveat is HWL was great back then too direct at their factory. But it's been close to 10 years since I last went there so I don't know if they are still the same bunch of fellas.

Personally I feel if you're not going hardcore racing or track, the best brand you should opt for is the one that provides you with the best service. Whether it's monotube, inverted mono, twin tube or whatever, if the service is crap before and/or after installation then the product image is tarnished. Some companies forget this and end up sitting on a throne they think is up there but in reality it's on a pile of rubbish.
Very high praise coming from OCD guy like. Hopefully if i mention Iszo name to Ah Sim, i can get some special discounts :D. BTW now i have to settle my rear differential case, the fxcking wheel locked up yesterday when i test driven it on trunk road. Looks like this used differential was bone dry in grease !

Thanks,
Ken

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Interesting.
I am on my 5th year with myvi icon 1.5SE stock absorber and suspension

Foreman say still very good (I avoid or slow down on unavoidable bumps and potholes)

When come time to change should I stick to stock? Or use any brands that master izso may recommend. As long as within rm 3.5k and below

Looking at 60 40 comfort spec as sometimes I fetch parents out to market easy parking. But most times I drive myself and I am already on anti roll and fsb as well as potenza for cornering

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Interesting.

Foreman say still very good (I avoid or slow down on unavoidable bumps and potholes)

When come time to change should I stick to stock? Or use any brands that master izso may recommend. As long as within rm 3.5k and below

Looking at 60 40 comfort spec as sometimes I fetch parents out to market easy parking. But most times I drive myself and I am already on anti roll and fsb as well as potenza for cornering
You can try Kyb excel G if you want stock height.Is quite nice and very stable on high speed. And is very affordable. I bought whole set for my myvi for 400+. I will buy another set for my jazz also. Very satisfied

If you are going to more sport Coilover is you option since there is a lot of setting you can do with it if you buy a fully adjustable one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Very high praise coming from OCD guy like. Hopefully if i mention Iszo name to Ah Sim, i can get some special discounts :D. BTW now i have to settle my rear differential case, the fxcking wheel locked up yesterday when i test driven it on trunk road. Looks like this used differential was bone dry in grease !

Thanks,
Ken
Nah, Ah Sim might remember a Sylphy with Impul suspension that he rebuilt, he won't know Izso.

Interesting.

First of all, I'm not a master. There are tonnes of people in this forum that are waaaaaaaaaaaay more qualified for that title. But if you insist on calling me master I insist on master-sifu fees of RM50 per month. :deal:

Secondly what you like is purely up to you. If you like the stock ride - stick with it. If you want adjustability, get coilovers (at the risk of losing comfort). etc. It's such a personal thing la.. you need to decide yourself what you want from your suspension.

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Interesting.

Me too is planning to changed the absorber. would prefer to retain the springs though. just recently replaced Front absorber mounting as it already worned out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Taking a look back at the Almera Turbo one year on, let's talk about power. It's always easy to forget that at the heart of this zippy sedan sits a puny but potent, perfected 1.0T engine. More so, it's effectively a miniature sized performance powerplant with 1/4 the potency of its Nissan GTR cousin.

100ps / 152nm / 999cc 3 cylinder turbo / CVT / FWD / 1076kg / 180kmh / Almera VL RM83,888 SST...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience