Steering pulls to right and left

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Guys, I had this problem for my car. When driving on uneven road, the steering feels it is pulled to right and left (depending on the road). Is it a time to do alignment (and balancing too, i know balancing dont cause this, but sekali jalan la), or absorber problem? Alignment done 1 year ago.
Front absorber never changed by previous owner, car come into Malaysia from Japan in 2015. The car is made in 2010. Rear absorber changed 6 months ago.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys, I had this problem for my car. When driving on uneven road, the steering feels it is pulled to right and left (depending on the road). Is it a time to do alignment (and balancing too, i know balancing dont cause this, but sekali jalan la), or absorber problem? Alignment done 1 year ago.
Front absorber never changed by previous owner, car come into Malaysia from Japan in 2015. The car is made in 2010. Rear absorber changed 6 months ago.
Generically speaking theres a few possibilities :

1. Tyre thread pattern is causing this.
2. Some bushes at the arm area is worn out and unable to hold the wheel straight when pushed against uneven roads
3. You have an overly sensitive power steering rack which isn't a bad thing. Just get used to it unless the pull is too aggressive.
4. Your alignment is out somehow but that's unlikely.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
worn out steering rack bush or worn out tie rod.

Worst case is worn out steering rack. On some model, the slack/freeplay can be adjusted to reduce the effect.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
How is the steering on flat roads?
on flat is ok, nothing weird.. problem when coming to uneven roads. as simple as crossing the straight road white line (the line is parallel to my car direction), lets say from right to left (or either way), I can feel slight pull.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Generically speaking theres a few possibilities :

1. Tyre thread pattern is causing this.
2. Some bushes at the arm area is worn out and unable to hold the wheel straight when pushed against uneven roads
3. You have an overly sensitive power steering rack which isn't a bad thing. Just get used to it unless the pull is too aggressive.
4. Your alignment is out somehow but that's unlikely.
So, for instance, should I just do alignment first to see hows it different? Cheapest and fastest. And if not working, maybe go to other costly way. Or maybe during doing alignment, the tyre shop ca possibly point out where the problem come from?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So, for instance, should I just do alignment first to see hows it different? Cheapest and fastest. And if not working, maybe go to other costly way. Or maybe during doing alignment, the tyre shop ca possibly point out where the problem come from?
dependa on the tire shop..some decent one will highlight the issue and tell u to fix that issue firts before doing allignment.

I will fix it first as changing the parts will require allignment too, thats double cost if u do allignment first.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
dependa on the tire shop..some decent one will highlight the issue and tell u to fix that issue firts before doing allignment.

I will fix it first as changing the parts will require allignment too, thats double cost if u do allignment first.
yeah, u got the point. so now, need to look for a good and honest alignment shop. anyone can recommend one in JB?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
on flat is ok, nothing weird.. problem when coming to uneven roads. as simple as crossing the straight road white line (the line is parallel to my car direction), lets say from right to left (or either way), I can feel slight pull.
If on flat road is okay, I don't see any problems. Probably like bro, Izso mentioned over sensitive steering.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience