Honda Jazz Gk5 gearbox

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Hi,I just purchase a Honda Jazz 2014 (2nd hand one
I had it for 2 month and when in the traffice jam I found out the gearbox is a little bit weird.
Rpm around 1000+ speed around 30km/H I found out that the gearbox is a little bit jerky...
Feels like the car is going chok chok feel(wanna go dunwan to go feel,sorry for my describe

Is this normal for cvt gearbox? Or just my gearbox is just going to die soon?
Any Honda sifu can hlp?Thx a lot:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Buying 2nd hand car, should just give all the fluid a complete change. Like what bro. Izso mentioned, change the CVT fluid and give it a try first.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Buying 2nd hand car, should just give all the fluid a complete change. Like what bro. Izso mentioned, change the CVT fluid and give it a try first.
After I received the car I had change all the Engine oil/cvt oil. I had take this car from Johor to perak after the oil change. Everything is running smoothly. Just when you drive it slow,the gearbox start a little bit sluggish.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After I received the car I had change all the Engine oil/cvt oil. I had take this car from Johor to perak after the oil change. Everything is running smoothly. Just when you drive it slow,the gearbox start a little bit sluggish.
Have not heard of any Additives for CVT box, so far only helps with auto boxes. CVT probably need to check the drive band

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Is it the specified ATF fluid or u dont know what fluid they pour into the GB?
Using non specified ATF will damages the GB for sure. Its like having a ticking time bomb.
A friend of mine driving a Stream was using non specified ATF for top up due to on tight budget. The gb behaved normally for 2-3 month before it cannot shift into gear at all. If it does shift, there will be loud metal clanking sound.

Anyway, i am not saying your gb is kaput. Could be just a simple thing as low fluid level. Most modern car dont have dipstick for its gearbox and require specific method of replacing the fluid which if not followed will result in improper fluid level which then will cause all funny2 behaviour.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Bro CVT is well known for jerking when in traffic jam. It is normal. My friend just bought a new Civic FC and he also say his car will jerking when in traffic jam.He say he complain to SC and SC say is normal for honda CVT.

I'm driving Suprima S, also using CVT. Before this have jerking issue when in traffic jam but since still under warranty, i bring to SC and complain for jerking issue. they help me to do clutch adaption on my car TCU. now no jerking already..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro CVT is well known for jerking when in traffic jam. It is normal. My friend just bought a new Civic FC and he also say his car will jerking when in traffic jam.He say he complain to SC and SC say is normal for honda CVT.

I'm driving Suprima S, also using CVT. Before this have jerking issue when in traffic jam but since still under warranty, i bring to SC and complain for jerking issue. they help me to do clutch adaption on my car TCU. now no jerking already..
Lets hope its not behaving like Exora bold CVT when climbing super steep incline from standstill with 4 people and some luggage. It doesnt climb at all even when u floor it. It just revs to 1800rpm and then drop back to idle where most will panicked as the car start to roll back.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Lets hope its not behaving like Exora bold CVT when climbing super steep incline from standstill with 4 people and some luggage. It doesnt climb at all even when u floor it. It just revs to 1800rpm and then drop back to idle where most will panicked as the car start to roll back.
After i send to do clutch adaption on my CVT, so far have no issue with jerking, but dont know will last how long lah haha ! Anyway, recently i tried with full load of people and stuff while going up to Genting on CNY, so many car that day and causing traffic jam. My car will not roll back when moving from standstill, I think because of the hill hold assist function and surprisingly the car is smooth..

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Is it the specified ATF fluid or u dont know what fluid they pour into the GB?
Using non specified ATF will damages the GB for sure. Its like having a ticking time bomb.
A friend of mine driving a Stream was using non specified ATF for top up due to on tight budget. The gb behaved normally for 2-3 month before it cannot shift into gear at all. If it does shift, there will be loud metal clanking sound.

Anyway, i am not saying your gb is kaput. Could be just a simple thing as low fluid level. Most modern car dont have dipstick for its gearbox and require specific method of replacing the fluid which if not followed will result in improper fluid level which then will cause all funny2 behaviour.
My car are all using Valvoline product since my last car is using and I feel happy with it.
For this Jazz I had made a service by using Valvoline fully sync cvt/ 5-30w fully sync.
Iet's just hope is just a modern cvt issue jerking :burnout::burnout:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

I am still new in CVT. If that is the case I think my concern is gone. Hahahaha.
Thx!!!

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
When going around 50 above is smooth. Just some jerking when going in low speed. I am still new in cvt so I am not sure about is normal jerking in low speed.
Yeah CVT is not like normal Auto transmission. When you are moving from standstill. Please allow your car to roll few second before you press the pedal to prevent sudden jerking.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a journey of no return! once our paint is being ruined by such a devastating scratch, the damages is beyond skin deep
physically (on what can be seen) is just some esthetic damage but the real damages is the owner heart broken

Getting to sleep through is difficult, for once i went through it....on my beloved car....especially in Malaysia..people like to take revenge (saying to themselves "i will teach them a lesson -Scratchhhhhhhhhhh their paints)
as I am blogging at the wee...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience