Fuel for performance?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I pumped in Petronas todayon my way bacl to Kuala Pilah as too lazy taking detour to find Caltex or BHP or Petron.

I know its too early to say but i feel like this new formula is better than the old one. I felt like i am using BHP. I will see these 1-2 days when i will used up the fuel and see the fc.
New petronas fuel returned 12.9km/l on my blm. That means its better as normally it returned 11km/l.

However its still too early to say its better. Now work resume after long holiday, lets see if my ex5 can runs further between refill.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So the newer the fuel and EO, healthy for environment, but not so for the engine......lol
Hmm? That's not how it works la. Eh wait.. I think I have it all mixed up. Sulphur is the fuel. ZINC is the one that's high in HPR Penrite. @ixeo - sorry. I messed up my facts.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hmm? That's not how it works la. Eh wait.. I think I have it all mixed up. Sulphur is the fuel. ZINC is the one that's high in HPR Penrite. @ixeo - sorry. I messed up my facts.
ZINC is to protect the engine... but you don't put it in the fuel laaaaaaa. haha this thread is about fuel.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
i hardly put Petronas since they were on the bad spotlight a few times. Plus one time i rent a car and put in Petronas and notice they fuel did not fill compare to other brands.

from that day i stopped using it, since u said the new formula is good maybe i check and see.

i am now using anything but not petronas more frequent Shell or Petron. If good mood i put higher RON as the fuel consumption is better IMO.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i hardly put Petronas since they were on the bad spotlight a few times. Plus one time i rent a car and put in Petronas and notice they fuel did not fill compare to other brands.

from that day i stopped using it, since u said the new formula is good maybe i check and see.

i am now using anything but not petronas more frequent Shell or Petron. If good mood i put higher RON as the fuel consumption is better IMO.
I'm surprised you're ok with Shell. Everyone I've met have either said it's bad or can't tell a difference. I avoid Shell like the plague

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm surprised you're ok with Shell. Everyone I've met have either said it's bad or can't tell a difference. I avoid Shell like the plague
Shell many customers because got fleet card and many stations......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
New petronas fuel returned 12.9km/l on my blm. That means its better as normally it returned 11km/l.

However its still too early to say its better. Now work resume after long holiday, lets see if my ex5 can runs further between refill.
Again...it perform better on my EX5 compared to the old Petronas formula. Havent see whats the fc is like but after first quarter tank being used it looks promising.

It felt better than the old Petronas formula only but not on par with Petron...maybe close or the same as BHP.

The bike dont struggle or hesitate as much when opening the throttle at higher gear. Cruising at 90kmh felt easier and less strained.its not as easy as when i was on RON 97.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Yes, for the other case it was my 1st hand experience. Was on the way to 1U and my Proton Saga was almost running on empty so I stopped at the petronas just before the tunnel and right after the Rm3 toll. Wanted to fill up Ron95 and the attendant warned me they accidently filled diesel into RON 95 underground tanks. He said only Ron 97 unaffected. So since I was in desperate need, I filled up RON97. Now Imagine if the attendants were unaware or did not say anything to me....
THIS PETRONAS I BOYCOTT !!!

it is the one also i got cheated with a rental car, put RM20 it is like putting in RM10 or below...

it is so called under-maintenance (I didnt pass here a long time so i dont know if it is openned or not)

Caltex is alright, i just dont like them marketing using that "MythBustard dude"

Reactions: alcyon

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Usually I pump BHP or Caltex for obvious reasons, but they haven't been giving me good mileage recently. Last week I pumped back Shell V-Power and the fuel consumption improved. Anyhow BHP, Caltex and Shell remained the top 3 for me. Rarely pump Petron, and I boycott Petronas like plague. How is Petronas lately with their new formula? Any difference with Ron97?

Some sharing from my chemist friend with regard to our local Ron 97 fuels, however only limited to Shell, Petronas and Caltex:

Shell

V-Power 97 = performance oriented (higher oxygenated components)
V-Power Racing = marginally increased oxygenated components and improved hydrocarbons components.

Petronas
Almost identical to V-Power 97 but tweaked towards fuel efficiency

Caltex
Techron 97 focuses on scientifically proven cleaning ability containing polyetheramine which help reduce and keep valve clean and lower carbon build-up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Usually I pump BHP or Caltex for obvious reasons, but they haven't been giving me good mileage recently. Last week I pumped back Shell V-Power and the fuel consumption improved. Anyhow BHP, Caltex and Shell remained the top 3 for me. Rarely pump Petron, and I boycott Petronas like plague. How is Petronas lately with their new formula? Any difference with Ron97?

Some sharing from my chemist friend with regard to our local Ron 97 fuels, however only limited to Shell, Petronas and Caltex:

Shell

V-Power 97 = performance oriented (higher oxygenated components)
V-Power Racing = marginally increased oxygenated components and improved hydrocarbons components.

Petronas
Almost identical to V-Power 97 but tweaked towards fuel efficiency

Caltex
Techron 97 focuses on scientifically proven cleaning ability containing polyetheramine which help reduce and keep valve clean and lower carbon build-up.
You're the only one I know who uses Vpower and says it improves FC.

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
You're the only one I know who uses Vpower and says it improves FC.
Hahaha I know it's strange but my car seems to be happy with V-Power :dontknow:

so far Caltex returned slightly poorer fuel consumption, BHP is a little better than Caltex. I know it all started after I poured in the Techron Concentrate Plus.

Maybe tomorrow I will try Petron again, since many said it's as good as BHP. I have Caltex, Petron, Petronas and Shell near my house, except my favourite BHP :banghead:

Last edited:

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
With the new euro4
No differences at all running penang KL with ron 95 and 97. Still i prefer caltex with bhp closely behind for smoothness and less roar of engine (I dont know if placebo or gut feel) but I also believe its cleaner as refinery is Singapore

Reactions: ixeo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im going 2 get an oil catch tank...but i know there are many clon 1....so how 2 see whther is original???

and any suggestion for the brand ....im getting waja campro...so i would like 2 install it ......any suggestion or u all used b4??

and also the price in market..thankssssss :X-: :_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience