Fuel for performance?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Higher sulphur content is actually good for the engine but like you said - bad for the catcon.
Even for modern engines higher sulphur content is good?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
My car is runed to run ron97.....But personally......My car feels lethargic when i pump BHP and Shell (except the red vpower racing)....So i always pump Petronas, Caltex and Petron for me....I dont know why BHP and Shell has that effect on my car......

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My car is runed to run ron97.....But personally......My car feels lethargic when i pump BHP and Shell (except the red vpower racing)....So i always pump Petronas, Caltex and Petron for me....I dont know why BHP and Shell has that effect on my car......
Interesting. Lately I found Petronas RON 97 to offer better mileage than BHP RON 97.

This is on a turbocharged vehicle. On a stock Myvi with the 1.3L K3VE, Petronas and Shell RON95 gave the worst mileage.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Interesting. Lately I found Petronas RON 97 to offer better mileage than BHP RON 97.

This is on a turbocharged vehicle. On a stock Myvi with the 1.3L K3VE, Petronas and Shell RON95 gave the worst mileage.
Wow this is interesting. Petronas never give me better millage on my Suprima.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Even the new BHP97 still makes my car feels sluggish. The sound also different. Like very "heavy" sound. My wife also say why so noisy and suspect that i change muffler :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So i only pump 97 from Petronas, Caltex and Petron. And one thing i realise is, after i pump caltex and then pump back petronas or petron, my mileage is higher. Example is my average mileage is i pump petronas is like 430-450km. After i pump Caltex, and pump back petronas or petron, i get about 450-480km.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Even the new BHP97 still makes my car feels sluggish. The sound also different. Like very "heavy" sound. My wife also say why so noisy and suspect that i change muffler :banghead::banghead::banghead:

So i only pump 97 from Petronas, Caltex and Petron. And one thing i realise is, after i pump caltex and then pump back petronas or petron, my mileage is higher. Example is my average mileage is i pump petronas is like 430-450km. After i pump Caltex, and pump back petronas or petron, i get about 450-480km.....
My interpretation is when u pump in Caltex, it is cleaning your engine on that full tank. Once the engine is cleaned u pump in other brand so that brand is running on cleaner engine hence better mileage?

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
My interpretation is when u pump in Caltex, it is cleaning your engine on that full tank. Once the engine is cleaned u pump in other brand so that brand is running on cleaner engine hence better mileage?

Im guessing it is for that reason la......

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But normally 1 tank can't clean much.......lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

or probably when those 2 different brand have their own additive...then mixed together... u got best of both brand :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I pumped in Petronas todayon my way bacl to Kuala Pilah as too lazy taking detour to find Caltex or BHP or Petron.

I know its too early to say but i feel like this new formula is better than the old one. I felt like i am using BHP. I will see these 1-2 days when i will used up the fuel and see the fc.