Charging Ahead - BMW Malaysia launches new Charging Bays at Bangsar Shopping Centre

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Charging Ahead - BMW Malaysia launches new Charging Bays at Bangsar Shopping Centre

BMW Malaysia unveiled their new charge facility just moments ago, specifically 6 BMW i Charging bays at the basement parking in Bangsar Shopping Centre.

Today's launch continued with BMW Malaysia's new chapter in Visionary Mobility in the country supported by their record growth in vehicle deliveries and product portfolio for the new year.

Harald Hoelzl, Managing Director at BMW Group Malaysia said, “2018 was a remarkable year for the BMW Group globally and we reflected this here with another year of record-breaking business performances for the eighth consecutive year with 14,338 vehicles delivered, a segment-leading growth of 13%. This reinforces Malaysia’s position as a key market in the region for the BMW Group and we are truly humbled with this achievement.”

Hoelzl added that BMW Malaysia’s portfolio of Visionary Mobility vehicles accounted for over 57% of deliveries last year with over 7,500 Plug-in Hybrid variants of BMW and MINI vehicles making their way to homes across Malaysia in 2018.

“As the country’s leading provider of premium electrified vehicles, we are constantly driving initiatives for innovation, local assembly capabilities, awareness on new and clean technology for the automotive industry as well as helping develop the infrastructure for electrified premium vehicles in the country. We began working on these initiatives with the Malaysian Green Technology Corporation (GreenTech Malaysia) as early as 2015 and we have also developed projects on our own with our network of dealerships across the country.” said Hoelzl.

BMW Malaysia unveiled six New BMW i Charging Facilities at Bangsar Shopping Centre, marking another important step in its industry-leading efforts in fostering the country’s shift to Electro-Mobility. This follows the introduction of new BMW i Charging Facilities at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Melaka, The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat in Ipoh, the Iconic Hotel in Penang as well as at WEIL Hotel in Ipoh last year.

BMW Group Malaysia’s portfolio of Visionary Mobility with the BMW iPerformance vehicles are also supported by the ChargEV platform through its partnership with GreenTech Malaysia. The BMW ChargeNow service, which is offered as part of the BMW 360° ELECTRIC programme provides straightforward access to partner charging facilities like ChargEV, where customers can enjoy 24/7 support and access to all charging locations in ChargEV’s growing network nationwide.
Continue reading the Post.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
BSC is usually packed. It's more than likely dumbass idiots will park their Myvis and Vios' there and why make an already packed parking lot even smaller by dedicating special lots?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
BSC is usually packed. It's more than likely dumbass idiots will park their Myvis and Vios' there and why make an already packed parking lot even smaller by dedicating special lots?
same story at my workplace. They award parking lot for so many managers & section head until only abt 16% of the parking is left for other staff.

Its like a thing to makes u 'feel good' when u have it.well,it manages to attract some peoole to join the company.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
same story at my workplace. They award parking lot for so many managers & section head until only abt 16% of the parking is left for other staff.

Its like a thing to makes u 'feel good' when u have it.well,it manages to attract some peoole to join the company.
Fringe benefit loh, lucky my wife's company have enough space for all staffs.....lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The price for going EV.......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Fortunately, the guards @ BSC does a good job. This used to be Mercedes bays, 3 of it. Always packed with PHEVs.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I've never seen non hybrids occupying these lots to be honest

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
At my previous workplace they located 2 charging bay for EV or hybrid. Before i left the company, only 1 bay is used by a BMW 330e. Its a plus as the lot is located at the GF parking (shaded) and esay to drive out plus no need to worry abt parking being full.
Then they moved the lot to an open area...nobody uses it since.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I've never seen non hybrids occupying these lots to be honest
I think it was 1utama where I saw a green Myvi parked in the "green cars only" parking lot or something. Then there's the tonnes of complaints from EV cars about other EV parked cars hogging EV bays and all that good stuff. Anyway, why is EV such a big deal when the Gov themselves are not seemingly encouraging EV cars?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I think it was 1utama where I saw a green Myvi parked in the "green cars only" parking lot or something. Then there's the tonnes of complaints from EV cars about other EV parked cars hogging EV bays and all that good stuff. Anyway, why is EV such a big deal when the Gov themselves are not seemingly encouraging EV cars?
These ones got fancy chargers and ambiance, almost no chance for that kind of behaviours to happen. Heard the basement security guards in BSC are trained to supervise the charging bays to reduce over-charging-your-welcome cases which happens quite often. About the EV privilege thing, If you have a phev car, the more recent ones, you'd love these watering holes for free power. It's free petrol quite literally. Minutes of free charging gives you kms to drive home for free. The charging bay gimmick is kinda like an incentive for car owners by manufacturer and candy for shoppers by mall owner. Plus it's good advertising for BMW and BSC so everyone wins. Except non phev car owners

Reactions: Izso

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
These ones got fancy chargers and ambiance, almost no chance for that kind of behaviours to happen. Heard the basement security guards in BSC are trained to supervise the charging bays to reduce over-charging-your-welcome cases which happens quite often. About the EV privilege thing, If you have a phev car, the more recent ones, you'd love these watering holes for free power. It's free petrol quite literally. Minutes of free charging gives you kms to drive home for free. The charging bay gimmick is kinda like an incentive for car owners by manufacturer and candy for shoppers by mall owner. Plus it's good advertising for BMW and BSC so everyone wins. Except non phev car owners
It motivates PHEV owners to go there instead of the mall next door. BUT, we need more of these bays.

Menara Maybank actually have 2 bays and the people there kinda organize themselves well, they will shift their cars once they are fully charged. I assume they must have a chat group or something.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It motivates PHEV owners to go there instead of the mall next door. BUT, we need more of these bays.

Menara Maybank actually have 2 bays and the people there kinda organize themselves well, they will shift their cars once they are fully charged. I assume they must have a chat group or something.
Most Menara people got nothing to do. Removing car from charging lot is a strong excuse to leaves a dull meeting or go yamcha.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Anyway LOL @ the way the cars are parked -- taking up two bays each. Like real BMW drivers (read: assholes)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience