Fuel for performance?

Dustintwj

Apr 7, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hai, anyone mind sharing their favourite fuel in terms of performance for their car? At first I thought, I have no preference in terms of fuel consumption and mileage, just pump in any that is nearby when I need it.

But nowadays, I feel like I need to know some basic knowledge of the many fuels that we have. Shouldn’t be too ignorant bout these things….

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ron95, ron97,ron100 always pump the 100 whenever possible

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What you need to know most importantly is your engine is tuned/optimized for which fuel Ron. Then just fill up that exact Ron, no need higher than that. You would also need to know the minimum Ron that your engine can still drink without problems, so if you want to save a bit then just fill up that but not lower. For example Suzuki Swift Sport M16A engine is optimized for Ron 98 with minimum Ron 95, so if want to get the best performance then fill up 98 (mix 95 and 100 with roughly 2:3 ratio). If want to save then can still fill up 95.

As for the brand, no conclusive evidence if one brand is better or worse, so just pick which ever is more convenient or gives more rewards. I personally always fill up Petron because it gives the best reward of rm45 free fuel@3000 points.

Reactions: Izso

jamieliew

Dec 6, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hai, anyone mind sharing their favourite fuel in terms of performance for their car? At first I thought, I have no preference in terms of fuel consumption and mileage, just pump in any that is nearby when I need it.

But nowadays, I feel like I need to know some basic knowledge of the many fuels that we have. Shouldn’t be too ignorant bout these things….
The fuel for now with the different of the formula that each company use and produce is different. Like Petronas Tomorrow 29/1/2019 going to launch a new PRIMAX 95 with Drive Pro have more efficient function and smooth for the engine.

jamieliew

Dec 6, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The Petronas doing promotion on his new launch PRIMAX 95 Drive Pro from 1-3 Feb with spending RM30 on this new petrol will have reward save RM1 spending at shop Mesra. #TryTheFuel

jamieliew

Dec 6, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
ron95, ron97,ron100 always pump the 100 whenever possible
This is the normal type of petrol that we use daily and have a certain quality of it. But different company will produce with different formula that Petronas PRIMAX 95 Drive Pro which is a strong formula that coming out a new more improve petrol to the consumer that more care about his car engine clean and work well.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If this turns into a Petronas promotion again I'm banning the newbies who seem to come in to promote their shit pretending to be normal consumers

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But not new woh! Like spy movie sleeper agents, because joined 5 years ago but no activities.....lol

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Maybe you can try BHP, i just switch from Petron to BHP recently after BHP introduce the 800ppm. I use it on Suprima S , not bad bro. Although it might be just my feeling haha.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Maybe you can try BHP, i just switch from Petron to BHP recently after BHP introduce the 800ppm. I use it on Suprima S , not bad bro. Although it might be just my feeling haha.
That has been a while...Just try around to see which one best suits your engine.

Like me, previously loyal with Caltex but now will pump BHP or Petron whenever possible. Seems to perform better than Caltex on FC and driving experience.
Its just that Petron and BHP not located on my normal route.

Petronas?
I am forced to pump it as diverting to another route to pump in Petron/BHP/Caltex is just too much of a hassle. U know lah, Melaka got soo many traffic lights.

Shell?
Never pump anymore...i will nurse my bike or car with super low fuel level and find other petrol station which most of the time will be Petronas as they have the most number of station around.

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
That has been a while...Just try around to see which one best suits your engine.

Like me, previously loyal with Caltex but now will pump BHP or Petron whenever possible. Seems to perform better than Caltex on FC and driving experience.
Its just that Petron and BHP not located on my normal route.

Petronas?
I am forced to pump it as diverting to another route to pump in Petron/BHP/Caltex is just too much of a hassle. U know lah, Melaka got soo many traffic lights.

Shell?
Never pump anymore...i will nurse my bike or car with super low fuel level and find other petrol station which most of the time will be Petronas as they have the most number of station around.
I stop pump fuel at petronas already, Petronas fuel will make my engine knocking :banghead:

For Shell, I have bad millage on it.

Petron was my favourite. 3000 point can get rm 45 free fuel hahaha. :rofl:

Caltex i never tried yet due to far from my house, first choice BHP second Petron. Last choice ... petronas :bawling:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
my choice caltex, bhp, petron. Bcos its scattered along the road i go work.
Shell also got but side by side with BHP. :driver:
Mainly BHP.
If budget right empty tank, Caltex. got techron Additive.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I stop pump fuel at petronas already, Petronas fuel will make my engine knocking :banghead:

For Shell, I have bad millage on it.

Petron was my favourite. 3000 point can get rm 45 free fuel hahaha. :rofl:

Caltex i never tried yet due to far from my house, first choice BHP second Petron. Last choice ... petronas :bawling:
Twice odi within 3 years got cases petronas station mix petrol with water or put diesel into Ron 95 underground tank...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The long awaited Mazda 2 now is on sale at Japan.

Mazda has named this model to be known as Demio, targeting a higher sale of 5,000 units per month compared with previous total sale of 1,040,000 units on its predecessor model in Japanese market.

This model weight 100kg less targeted to have a 54mpg fuel efficiency while running a 1.3L...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience