Will Izso buy a good car???

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
i think getting the pretty mint condition automatice tezza at RM12k cheaper and swapping a manual gearbox in will make more sense.

the gearbox, ecu, cluster, are not hard to find. and trial tuning is quite near as well.

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Need AP. Possible. But if he's in the UK just buy a used Caterham, don't have to build one.

Don't say build, fix a bmwjzparking also he get so pissed off. Just buy a stock one laaaaa
He seems to enjoy the painful process of 'building' a car.
Maybe he should buy the Lego Veyron model and then assemble it.

Reactions: alcyon

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
He seems to enjoy the painful process of 'building' a car.
Maybe he should buy the Lego Veyron model and then assemble it.
Sadist la that guy.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah well, I'm highly doubting the cost of those "easy to get reliable parts". Whilst I know it's a toyota, it'll be MarkX maintenance costs. Anyway I'm thinking about the whole thing very thoroughly.
Not really. Compared to Camry, only requires additional 2 plugs, rear diff oil, maybe 1-2 extra liters of engine oil and slightly more expensive ATF oil grade. I think the rest is about similar price range for example:
Oil filter: rm30
Absorber: rm350/pc for Kayaba Japan
Motor fan: same as Myvi (around rm150pc for ori Denso?)
Brake pads: around rm160-180 per pair for ori Toyota.
Disc rotor: around rm500/pair using Shoji Japan.
ATF oil: ATF WS around rm120/4ltr tin.
Plugs:: rm170/pc for ori Denso Iridium.
Air filter: around rm60
Cabin filter: around rm40
Front headlight clear lenses: around rm200/pair new
Rear lamps: around rm200/pc from chop shops
Air flow sensor: rm380
Denso super long life coolant: rm25/btl
Engine hood absorber: cannot recall exactly but maybe only about rm50-70/pr but from China.
Front lower arm with bushing: rm370/pc
Absorber link: rm100/pc

I also hardly spent anything on mine for true repairs, probably still less than rm4k in 6.5yrs of ownership (but I think I'm not as OCD as you are!) The things I can remember for repairs were only these:
- fuel pump vibration: changed with chop shop fuel pump for I think rm500 or something.
- motor fans (2): total cost including labor and coolant was around rm500 and that was already in an expensive workshop.
- radiator cap
- absorbers
- engine hood absorbers
That's all I think. Next need to replace the front bushings and upper arm though, maybe total cost around rm1000-1500.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You want an automatic, take the Mark X. You want the manual, take the Altezza. Loan 10k? Buy later la.
Yeah, I'm waiting it out to find the right car.

Wild suggestion if he got wild budget....

Buy a Caterham kit and assemble it himself since he is very particular how things are done.
These can't be road legal in M'sia la.

i think getting the pretty mint condition automatice tezza at RM12k cheaper and swapping a manual gearbox in will make more sense.

the gearbox, ecu, cluster, are not hard to find. and trial tuning is quite near as well.
It's all about $. I'm confident I won't be able to find the $ in 2019 so I have a feeling I'll get sick of the auto really quickly. Realistically speaking just buy stock standard manual better la.

Not really. Compared to Camry, only requires additional 2 plugs, rear diff oil, maybe 1-2 extra liters of engine oil and slightly more expensive ATF oil grade. I think the rest is about similar price range for example:
Oil filter: rm30
Absorber: rm350/pc for Kayaba Japan
Motor fan: same as Myvi (around rm150pc for ori Denso?)
Brake pads: around rm160-180 per pair for ori Toyota.
Disc rotor: around rm500/pair using Shoji Japan.
ATF oil: ATF WS around rm120/4ltr tin.
Plugs:: rm170/pc for ori Denso Iridium.
Air filter: around rm60
Cabin filter: around rm40
Front headlight clear lenses: around rm200/pair new
Rear lamps: around rm200/pc from chop shops
Air flow sensor: rm380
Denso super long life coolant: rm25/btl
Engine hood absorber: cannot recall exactly but maybe only about rm50-70/pr but from China.
Front lower arm with bushing: rm370/pc
Absorber link: rm100/pc

I also hardly spent anything on mine for true repairs, probably still less than rm4k in 6.5yrs of ownership (but I think I'm not as OCD as you are!) The things I can remember for repairs were only these:
- fuel pump vibration: changed with chop shop fuel pump for I think rm500 or something.
- motor fans (2): total cost including labor and coolant was around rm500 and that was already in an expensive workshop.
- radiator cap
- absorbers
- engine hood absorbers
That's all I think. Next need to replace the front bushings and upper arm though, maybe total cost around rm1000-1500.
Thanks dude. I'm actually quite anal about details so yeah whilst your pricing is reasonable - I'm having difficulty swallowing the price of headlights, rear tail lights etc. They aren't cheap for MarkX

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Mark X 200/pc rear lamp is cheap @Izso

Honestly, I think the Mark X suits you and your family more. Versus a tezza. Considering a stick tezza costs more, then the Mark X looks like a very viable option. I would honestly take the Mark X over the tezza if both is automatic.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Honestly, I think the Mark X suits you and your family more. Versus a tezza. Considering a stick tezza costs more, then the Mark X looks like a very viable option. I would honestly take the Mark X over the tezza if both is automatic.
Yeah I know what you're saying and I'm thinking along the same lines if I settle for an auto. Right now i'm considering either a fully stock manual Altezza in pristine condition at the right price or a Mark X auto la. The auto Tezza is too weak and I don't really want to do swaps even though it's cheaper. Not for a daily, for a project I'll do it that way.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I haven't voted yet. So I vote for the X now :biggrin: Toss more stress Izso's way

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I haven't voted yet. So I vote for the X now :biggrin: Toss more stress Izso's way
You know he doesn’t give a rats ass. Next thing he’ll go and do something (he thinks is) brilliant.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
How much is the budget though? If budget of an IS250, I'd rather get a Mark X and save the balance for repairs and mods, otherwise just go crazy and find an Evo 7 which is his original dream car to begin with!
A decent 2011 IS250 starts from RM6,5000 to RM93,000. Depending on how well Izso find a good deal and negotiated for decent prices. Before i bought the Volvo, i was highly interested with the IS, unfortunately the not so fast engine and smaller than average space gave it away. Furthermore the ride is no sportier than the Volvo, which i found highly surprised as i was expecting Lexus to be sportier since its a RWD to begin with.

Thanks,
Ken

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
He no budget, if he had RM65k, close eyes and buy E90 320d

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wakakaka .. .X catching up with Alteeza manual.

Then again, given a long straight road, the X typically does that
Out of nowhere a diesel pickup smokes them all with a ferocious sounding intake and exhaust.
Both X and manual tezza driber stop by the roadside discussing which diesel pickup they should buy to replace their just-being-tapaued vehicle..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus, I am planning to install a HID kit by myself. I am planning to install it on the Suzuki Swift. My question is, where do installers normally mount the ballasts? On the fenders? Or do they mount it on other places? I was also wondering if there is any need for drilling so that the wires can go through?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience