Will Izso buy a good car???

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You mean with a JZ inside? altezzajzparking
no la. JZs fit better in Altezzas than in e36. Less customization and in fact - it should be PNP. But I want NA this time round.

Out of the list, of course Mark X! :biggrin:
I had a look at one for 28k. Pretty impressed but the maintenance is a bit of a concern.

How much is the budget though? If budget of an IS250, I'd rather get a Mark X and save the balance for repairs and mods, otherwise just go crazy and find an Evo 7 which is his original dream car to begin with!
Evos are out of the picture for now. Can't afford them.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
no la. JZs fit better in Altezzas than in e36. Less customization and in fact - it should be PNP. But I want NA this time round.
Done RIGHT, anything can fit in anything.
Done WRONG, nothing will fit right in anything.

Just cause it's more "direct" doesn't mean it would be done right.

Thought you'd learn your lesson by now?

Reactions: sanekit

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018

finally someone says something izso needs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

finally someone says something izso needs
Tiu.. this is common sense la. I don't want done right or wrong mixed up car full stop! STOCK

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why so many votes for the automatic tezza? So many wuss here meh. hahahaha (psst my car is auto too).

I believe the auto tezza is detuned a bit right, versus the manual version.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why so many votes for the automatic tezza? So many wuss here meh. hahahaha (psst my car is auto too).

I believe the auto tezza is detuned a bit right, versus the manual version.
Not really. Just that it's 5-speed auto vs 6-speed manual. So the ratios are obviously different. I very very badly want a manual Altezza. I've seen a few and they are all above 45k. The auto cheapest good condition (of the RS200 specifically. Beams only not the 1G engine) is 32k. Assuming in the near future I find the dash, wiring, GB and a good foreman to swap it for me and perhaps give it a hefty 10k, it's still cheaper than buying a manual straight up.

So although I really really like the manual Altezza, I'm leaning towards an auto Altezza RS200 a lot.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I had a look at one for 28k. Pretty impressed but the maintenance is a bit of a concern.

Evos are out of the picture for now. Can't afford them.
Mark X maintenance is not too bad, especially since the car is very reliable to begin with. Parts also still quite easy to get. Later if got more money and itchy, can easily swap pnp with 3.0ltr 3GR or even 3.5ltr 2GR engines, even better those with TOM's supercharger too. Got one in our club already swapped to the TOM's 3.0ltr supercharge engine, some swapped to 3.5ltr without supercharger, and some swapped to 3.0ltr without supercharger. All pnp only.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Not really. Just that it's 5-speed auto vs 6-speed manual. So the ratios are obviously different. I very very badly want a manual Altezza. I've seen a few and they are all above 45k. The auto cheapest good condition (of the RS200 specifically. Beams only not the 1G engine) is 32k. Assuming in the near future I find the dash, wiring, GB and a good foreman to swap it for me and perhaps give it a hefty 10k, it's still cheaper than buying a manual straight up.

So although I really really like the manual Altezza, I'm leaning towards an auto Altezza RS200 a lot.
I hate to say this but I shall curse you running into problems when doing a “straightforward” swap.

You want a manual buy an effing stock manual, as the Chinese say don’t catch worm into backside.

http://autoworld.com.my/forum/index.php?/topic/95583-toyota-altezza/

According to this the manual is more powerful cause it revs higher and comes standard with LSD on rear differential. For the love of god stop being a sohai and buy cars to mod and run into problems.

PS you know I don’t want you doing sohai shit again

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I hate to say this but I shall curse you running into problems when doing a “straightforward” swap.

You want a manual buy an effing stock manual, as the Chinese say don’t catch worm into backside.

http://autoworld.com.my/forum/index.php?/topic/95583-toyota-altezza/

According to this the manual is more powerful cause it revs higher and comes standard with LSD on rear differential. For the love of god stop being a sohai and buy cars to mod and run into problems.

PS you know I don’t want you doing sohai shit again
Thank you bro. HAHAHA! I do want the manual but the cheapest good example is 46k negotiated which I don't have. You loan me 10k ah?

Mark X maintenance is not too bad, especially since the car is very reliable to begin with. Parts also still quite easy to get. Later if got more money and itchy, can easily swap pnp with 3.0ltr 3GR or even 3.5ltr 2GR engines, even better those with TOM's supercharger too. Got one in our club already swapped to the TOM's 3.0ltr supercharge engine, some swapped to 3.5ltr without supercharger, and some swapped to 3.0ltr without supercharger. All pnp only.
Yeah well, I'm highly doubting the cost of those "easy to get reliable parts". Whilst I know it's a toyota, it'll be MarkX maintenance costs. Anyway I'm thinking about the whole thing very thoroughly.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thank you bro. HAHAHA! I do want the manual but the cheapest good example is 46k negotiated which I don't have. You loan me 10k ah?

Yeah well, I'm highly doubting the cost of those "easy to get reliable parts". Whilst I know it's a toyota, it'll be MarkX maintenance costs. Anyway I'm thinking about the whole thing very thoroughly.
You want an automatic, take the Mark X. You want the manual, take the Altezza. Loan 10k? Buy later la.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Wild suggestion if he got wild budget....

Buy a Caterham kit and assemble it himself since he is very particular how things are done.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wild suggestion if he got wild budget....

Buy a Caterham kit and assemble it himself since he is very particular how things are done.
Will never be road legal, ever.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Really...never know that.
What if he stay abroad while building the car, get it road legal abroad and then bring it back here?
Need AP. Possible. But if he's in the UK just buy a used Caterham, don't have to build one.

Don't say build, fix a bmwjzparking also he get so pissed off. Just buy a stock one laaaaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guy....i wanna fit turbo into my waja(a),wat should i do????wat engine should i change that can't burn my car???hav i nid 2 change 2 manual transmission???then if i fit can i run faster than a normal putra????coz my neighbour who hav 2 putra n every morning 8sumthing he sure VROOM his car 3 times~!!!it damn noisy n disturd me sleeping~!!!!:P
hehe....i'm dunno about modification...hope all the buddy here can help me a bitlah...thanks a lot ha.....n let me know the total amount that i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience