Dim Headlights / Lampu malap

Sep 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a bog problem with my headlights. The lights are very dim. Can barely see the road while driving at night. The bulbs always blow.
Any advise on how to make the light brighter?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys,

I have a bog problem with my headlights. The lights are very dim. Can barely see the road while driving at night. The bulbs always blow.
Below could be the issues;

1.bad grounding can cause the bulb to blow.Either clean current grounding point or get additional grounding.

2.your headlight is not adjusted properly.Get it adjusted for both height and swipe area. properly adjusted beam beats cheap hid anytime.

3.broken adjust mechanism could cause the lens to drop down to the lowest position.need to replace the whole headlamp.

4.For bulb, White bulb is useless when the road is wet aka raining. Better bulb such as Osram NBP or the latest NBL will have better brightness and focus but shorter lifespan.

5.improper handling of bulb during installation result in short lifespan.

6.Your eyesight is getting bad.Get a glasses.

7.I dont believe in the aftermarket relay which claimed will improve brightness as i got a 99 or 97 pajero which have good headlamp and had never blown.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what car?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys,

Your description of the problem is too generic. You need to explain a few things to us :

1. What car? And how old is the car? Any accidents/rust?
2. Do you have anything aftermarket installed like a massive sound system? Wires/Relays? HIDs?
3. Are your headlamps themselves blurry and yellowish?
4. What is the size of your battery?

Believe me all of these things will affect your lighting. Sometimes a simple 3-point grounding will help and sometimes changing the headlights will help.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Been using my VR for many many years. Then wife bought Chery SUV the lights were so much brighter so when use back VR looks so dim. Now wife on Forester with LED headlamps, my VR headlamps like cannot see anything......lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Been using my VR for many many years. Then wife bought Chery SUV the lights were so much brighter so when use back VR looks so dim. Now wife on Forester with LED headlamps, my VR headlamps like cannot see anything......lol

my foz also into that category..cannot see anything...

hence retrofit job done and now happily driving touge road nighttime :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
replacing bulb not retrofit.. thats plug n play.. which is very shitty totally rubbish and blinding other people like most ahbeng outside there with fancy blue-purple and some even red headlight....

my work is replacing/machining the reflector inside the headlamp to fit proper projector (hid/led) taken from oem headlight such lexus and other HID/LED projector equipped car...

more story on this: https://www.facebook.com/kampungboymotorsport/

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My son's Swift came with aftermarket projector headlights and the quality is crap! It's still using normal bulbs despite the projector housing then the wiring inside the left one is already a bit loose so it can go off suddenly (just luckily this last few weeks still can turn on all the time). The brightness is just substandard. The DRL rings around the projectors are all already gone off, not sure if also wiring issue or really spoiled ring lamps. The clear coat already peeling off, so I had to wet sand them to remove it completely then reapply some clear coating to make them look clear again, but some section already have cracks which I cannot do anything anymore. I've replaced the bulbs with better Osram bulbs so improved a bit but still substandard brightness. We're still using it coz my son likes the look but maybe later once he's bored then we'll change them back to the original stock headlights (they still look very nice and new!).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i used proton wit e3 engine wit some mod.. currently my car drink ron97 fuel and the result is
RM10/28km or less.. my fren said "ok la tu" but for me not.. how urs evo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience