Proton Inspira Power Mod

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
those car are great for chasing top speed, but TS, are you going to maintain the top speed?

i can reach those speed but to maintain it different story..hahaha

no replacement for displacement
Well how long do you want to maintain top speeds over 200kph anyway?

I guess I'll just start with remapping and light weight rims first.

JDM cars are way beyond my budget now.

I mainly drive my Inspira on North South Highway so top speed matters more in this case. There was this Toyota Mark X overtook me effortlessly even while I was on pushing my car at 190++km/h. Left me in awe. Since then, I have been thinking of how to increase the car's top speed, even if it's just a mere 5 or 10km/h extra. Handling is still okay so far so I'd stay away from it for now.

Thanks for your advice.
Hahaha forget about the Mark X la, it's out of your car's league for top speeds even if you have remap and use light weight rims! That car is designed to be a highway cruiser that can reach top speed around 250kph. I know coz I own one for over 5 years now. :)

Reactions: sweelt and sanekit

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That car is designed to be a highway cruiser that can reach top speed around 250kph. I know coz I own one for over 5 years now. :)
When I heard of the X, I kinda suspected it was you who smoked him on the North South highway :marchmellow:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
When I heard of the X, I kinda suspected it was you who smoked him on the North South highway :marchmellow:
Hahaha got many other Mark X owners la. I also haven't been to that highway maybe for over a year now so I highly doubt it was me.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
at that speed, you're on a straight line. What handling are you referring to? Perhaps you mean straight line stability at speeds. Think that is more dependent on your vehicles' damping
Yeah straight line. Haven't touched the handling yet. Everything's still stock..

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
decat bro.. replace the headers and exhaust system. add in drop-in filters. :biggrin:
Some say aftermarket filter lets more air in to boost performance but some say it only lets the dust and debris at the same time and affect overall performance. Which one? :dontknow:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Some say aftermarket filter lets more air in to boost performance but some say it only lets the dust and debris at the same time and affect overall performance. Which one? :dontknow:
Drop-in filter bro. Not open pods. Drop-in filter is similar to your stock filter. You drop it in your airbox to replace the stock filter. I’m using drop-in also. No problem. Just need to clean it regularly.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Drop-in filter bro. Not open pods. Drop-in filter is similar to your stock filter. You drop it in your airbox to replace the stock filter. I’m using drop-in also. No problem. Just need to clean it regularly.
Yeah I was referring to the drop-in type. I heard its filtration is not as good as the stock one. Power increased at the cost of engine's longevity, no?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Was it you who drove a P plate? Lol
Nope, mine is a KL (W) plate.

Yeah I was referring to the drop-in type. I heard its filtration is not as good as the stock one. Power increased at the cost of engine's longevity, no?
Just don't buy HKS foam type or Blitz metal mesh type even if they are original because their filtration is poor. Just buy cloth type like Simota//Works or K&N. Anyway don't expect much out of those, you'll be lucky if you feel even the slightest improvement. Theoretically they increase airflow and produce more power but too little to notice, so buying those is more for cost saving if you want to use the car for long term coz the filter can last the lifetime by just keep washing them and never need to replace anymore.

Reactions: sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Like what @6UE5t said. I’m using works/simota on mine and so far i do notice a slight improvement in throttle response. And also you dont need to change the filters. Just wash and clean it with the proper cleaner and drop it back in. No need replacement like stock filters.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Nope, mine is a KL (W) plate.

Just don't buy HKS foam type or Blitz metal mesh type even if they are original because their filtration is poor. Just buy cloth type like Simota//Works or K&N. Anyway don't expect much out of those, you'll be lucky if you feel even the slightest improvement. Theoretically they increase airflow and produce more power but too little to notice, so buying those is more for cost saving if you want to use the car for long term coz the filter can last the lifetime by just keep washing them and never need to replace anymore.
Something like this?
https://www.coozauto.com.my/proton-...rmance-stock-replacement-washable-air-filters

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Like what @6UE5t said. I’m using works/simota on mine and so far i do notice a slight improvement in throttle response. And also you dont need to change the filters. Just wash and clean it with the proper cleaner and drop it back in. No need replacement like stock filters.
What type of cleaner do you recommend?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Probably just me but I feel simolta needs more frequent cleaning. I hear K&N can go longer in between cleans. BTW, slight improvement only when it's nice and clean. There was once I forgot to clean in a long time. Was wondering why my car felt sluggish and fuel hungry :pepsi:

Has anybody tried those replica bmc types yet? Have an ori in the bimmer. It's nice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu;s & fren's, my close relatives car had been stolen this morning below is the car descriptions :

Proton Iswara sedan
colour: blue
plate no : WFJ 5715
last seen locations : near Carrefour Peel Road, Kuala lumpur.

I hope ZTH member can help to locate this car.
I know this is a very ordinary car, but it means much to its owner.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience