Proton Inspira Power Mod

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well what is your target top speed actually?? 220, 230, 250? If you want fast manual car, then just sell off your Inspira and buy either real Evo CT9A, Subaru Impreza WRX, Nissan Silvia S15R, Civic FD2R, or some Renault Megane RS, all are manual cars that can reach 250 or more with only 2.0l engines so no need big displacement.
those car are great for chasing top speed, but TS, are you going to maintain the top speed?

i can reach those speed but to maintain it different story..hahaha

no replacement for displacement

Reactions: alcyon

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. rotary 1.3L only but can whack your Perdana anytime.. :thefinger:

Anyway these days forced induction technology has improved so much that "displacement" is no longer the only way. I mean look at ecoboost and all those tiny efficient but high powered turbo engines. displacement engines are too old tech already.

Reactions: DareDan

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. rotary 1.3L only but can whack your Perdana anytime.. :thefinger:

Anyway these days forced induction technology has improved so much that "displacement" is no longer the only way. I mean look at ecoboost and all those tiny efficient but high powered turbo engines. displacement engines are too old tech already.
Hahaha true.. But I have more hair vs rotary owner.. No stress in the long run

Yes forced induction has come a long way and becoming common nowadays, what I'm trying to say is, high cc engine can drive at top speed comfortably with lower rpm, their longer gbox ratio might contribute to lower rpm at high to speed.

This is just my observations on driving 3.0/2.3/2.0/1.5 litre engine

Reactions: alcyon

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
Well what is your target top speed actually?? 220, 230, 250? If you want fast manual car, then just sell off your Inspira and buy either real Evo CT9A, Subaru Impreza WRX, Nissan Silvia S15R, Civic FD2R, or some Renault Megane RS, all are manual cars that can reach 250 or more with only 2.0l engines so no need big displacement.

If you just want to add a bit more, then just the normal remapping, exhaust and intake work coupled with lightweight rims, maybe you can gain like 10% more real power and 5-10kph more top speed. But to do all that, you may need to spend a few thousands already, that's why some may say it's not really worth it. Swapping engines may give you electrical issues, coz might simply take short cuts and just cut and tap wires here and there, then bypass some other things.

Anyway IMHO top speed is also overrated, acceleration and the whole packaging of the car to make it fun to drive is more important.

I guess I'll just start with remapping and light weight rims first.

JDM cars are way beyond my budget now.

I mainly drive my Inspira on North South Highway so top speed matters more in this case. There was this Toyota Mark X overtook me effortlessly even while I was on pushing my car at 190++km/h. Left me in awe. Since then, I have been thinking of how to increase the car's top speed, even if it's just a mere 5 or 10km/h extra. Handling is still okay so far so I'd stay away from it for now.

Thanks for your advice.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018

Yeah true. All those stock turbo cars are definitely a massive trend and here to stay. Being a total noob on this Bolt-On Turbo thing plus its reliability issue, I'd stay away from it now.

punkingcj

Aug 29, 2018
those car are great for chasing top speed, but TS, are you going to maintain the top speed?

i can reach those speed but to maintain it different story..hahaha

It depends. Haha. I usually don't drive at that speed but if kena "provoke" then I'd be more than happy to entertain. I mean of course I only layan those C or D segment cars la. Anything come with 1.8 Turbo or above don't bother layan. Waste time waste petrol lol.

There's something I like about big displacement NA engine, despite not being eco-friendly and costly..

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
It depends. Haha. I usually don't drive at that speed but if kena "provoke" then I'd be more than happy to entertain. I mean of course I only layan those C or D segment cars la. Anything come with 1.8 Turbo or above don't bother layan. Waste time waste petrol lol.

There's something I like about big displacement NA engine, despite not being eco-friendly and costly..
Bro, if kena provoke just let the damn car pass.
Safety first...

Reactions: DareDan and alcyon

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah sure.

How did you test your car's top speed and handling?
at that speed, you're on a straight line. What handling are you referring to? Perhaps you mean straight line stability at speeds. Think that is more dependent on your vehicles' damping

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

Staying at near redline for rpm is not good for the engine, the oil temp will go up very high and viscosity will drop. This is where the 3.0 or 2.5L will have the advantage.

Reactions: Izso and sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I guess I'll just start with remapping and light weight rims first.

JDM cars are way beyond my budget now.

I mainly drive my Inspira on North South Highway so top speed matters more in this case. There was this Toyota Mark X overtook me effortlessly even while I was on pushing my car at 190++km/h. Left me in awe. Since then, I have been thinking of how to increase the car's top speed, even if it's just a mere 5 or 10km/h extra. Handling is still okay so far so I'd stay away from it for now.

Thanks for your advice.
decat bro.. replace the headers and exhaust system. add in drop-in filters. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

To me forced induction is displacement mah! A 2.0L with forced induction is like 3.0L.....lol

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
find the engine for lancer sportback. its 2.4

edited: ok..didnt realize that somebody already suggested this earlier..hihihih

but still, you want 2.4 power? lancer sportback la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok mine is a wira 1.5 manual dec 2004 model . Currently im using stock absorbers & apm sports springs in the front & KW sports spring at the back.....im going to change all 4 absorbers soon & i want to know what brand should i go for. My budget is around 1-1.5k , i dont want to do trial & error kind of stuffs with the suspension system so thats why im seeking advise from those who may be satisfied with their ride......so pls advise me...

shd i go for short stroke absorbers as im using...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience